Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by etonbears
Originally Posted by Warlocke
In the beginning, Gary rolled a D20. This pleased Gary, and it was good.

Nah, Gary rolled D6 like everyone else at the time. Then he discovered a pack of weird dice for math teachers to explain platonic solids smile

( That's the story anyway; but it's true that all wargame rules and board/counter rules that I recall from the 1960s/1970s used only D6).

Your theory of evolution of dice has contravened upon the written doctrine. This heresy will not go unpunished.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z

Nah, Gary rolled D6 like everyone else at the time. Then he discovered a pack of weird dice for math teachers to explain platonic solids smile

( That's the story anyway; but it's true that all wargame rules and board/counter rules that I recall from the 1960s/1970s used only D6).

Your theory of evolution of dice has contravened upon the written doctrine. This heresy will not go unpunished.
L + House Arrest + Excommunicated + Ratio

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran
Dice in tabletop RPGs peaked with the D100-based systems (two ten-faced dice going from 0 to 9), anyway.

Keep hitting at these strawmen until the skin is peeled away from your knuckles.

Last edited by Tuco; 28/07/23 11:08 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Tuco
Keep hitting at these strawmen until the skin is peeled away from your knuckles.

…What the fuck?
😂

veteran
veteran
There was absolute no one here making a holy relic out of Gygax, so it doesn't matter even if you turn blue in the face in your attempts to bend what other said to your convenience.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z

…What the fuck?
😂
BG3 Narrator: Tuco seems to be challenging someone. You're not sure what to make of the situation.

1. [Strength] Keep hitting the strawman.
2. [Performance] Pretend to hit the strawman.
3. Tuco, who are you challenging?
4. [Insight] Attempt to divine the meaning of 5e and its systemic significance.
5. *Walk Away*

Edit: I think people are just riffing about Gygax rather than implying the worship of any person, system, or property lmao.

Last edited by Zerubbabel; 28/07/23 11:54 PM.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Edit: I think people are just riffing about Gygax rather than implying the worship of any person, system, or property lmao.
No, "people" are not doing just that.
Unless for some sort of functional impairment they can't keep track of how the things they say now follow from what they were commenting not even half a page before.

Last edited by Tuco; 29/07/23 12:08 AM.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
No, "people" are not ding just that.
Unless for some sort of functional impairment they can't keep track of how the things they say now follow from what they were commenting not even half a page before.
...Really Tuco?

On page 7, Alyssa_Fox says the following:
Originally Posted by Alyssa_Fox
Originally Posted by Fox of Embers
What makes you think that? I got the feeling they like D&D
Mostly the fact that in the last three years or so they showed nothing but contempt for how D&D works and plays and were constantly on the hunt for ways to "fix" it.

Lol, you are talking like DnD rules are some kind of Hold Scripture that has never been amended or revisioned before.

Which, to be fair, is a ridiculous allegation, but what only Alyssa_Fox can answer to that.

Then, on the same page, Warlocke pretty clearly jokes that:
A ridiculous statement which operates as a comedic riff on Alyssa_Fox's claim.

Then, we have this interaction:
I don’t keep tabs on who says what, so I can’t be positive, but I am pretty sure there is some overlap between people complaining about Larian homebrew rules and people who actively do not like 5th Edition. 😂
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
Which is more of a metacommentary than a direct claim of any particular worship of any particular system. It is more of a non sequitur than anything else.

Then, Etonbears continues the joke:

Warlocke then continues upon Etonbears' joke:

To which I add:
"L + House Arrest + Excommunicated + Ratio"
A Very VERY VERY VERY VERY obvious shitpost.

To all of these blatant jokes, you respond:
Dice in tabletop RPGs peaked with the D100-based systems (two ten-faced dice going from 0 to 9), anyway.

Which brings about THE ONLY POSSIBLE RATIONAL RESPONSE TO SUCH AN OVERREACTION TO HUMOR FROM WARLOCKE, ETONBEARS, AND MYSELF:

…What the fuck?
😂

Last edited by Zerubbabel; 29/07/23 12:11 AM.

W
veteran
veteran
W
There was absolute no one here making a holy relic out of Gygax, so it doesn't matter even if you turn blue in the face in your attempts to bend what other said to your convenience.

I was making a holy relic out of Gygax, only because Fox used the term “Holy Scripture” in relation to him, because Gary and God begin with the same letter, and the formulation in Genesis where God does something, he is pleased, and it was good, amuses me to no end. It was a bit, which got extended when another poster pointed out an inaccuracy. It wasn’t trying to parody you. I don’t care enough about what you think to strawman your arguments.

Last edited by Warlocke; 29/07/23 12:22 AM.
veteran
veteran
haha, totally unhinged

six more days!!!

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by JandK
haha, totally unhinged

six more days!!!
Im losing my mind
It be almost over

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by JandK
haha, totally unhinged

six more days!!!

In five days we burn this place to cinders out of childlike, arbitrary, capricious impatience.

veteran
veteran
Yeah, "REALLY", Zerubbabel.
You are making my point for me.

It starts from a very specific accusation (that Alyssa won't explain nor justify, anyway. We'll be seeing her only at the next blind charge) and then it's a whole ping-pong of "people" (mostly you two) indulging on it, patting each other on the back while you keep reiterating the same "hilarious" gag and dogpiling on another user.

veteran
veteran
I don’t care enough about what you think to strawman your arguments.
You care enough to dance on my grave during a ban and put me in ignore BUT without missing the chance to quote me and dogpile on me with other users at any given chance.

Oh, and for what is worth, I'll take my chance to confirm that the dislike is completely mutual.

Last edited by Tuco; 29/07/23 12:26 AM.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z

It starts from a very specific accusation (that Alyssa won't explain nor justify, anyway. We'll be seeing her only at the next blind charge) and then it's a whole ping-pong of "people" (mostly you two) indulging on it, patting each other on the back while you keep reiterating the same "hilarious" gag and dogpiling on another user.
Dude, it's a bit. It's a bit of back-and-forth having fun with a bit. Do you honestly think we're out here to mock your views on D&D, or could it be more likely that we're having fun on a forum while waiting for the game to release?

W
veteran
veteran
W

Dude, it's a bit. It's a bit of back-and-forth having fun with a bit. Do you honestly think we're out here to mock your views on D&D, or could it be more likely that we're having fun on a forum while waiting for the game to release?

Best just to leave him be.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Okay, just catching up and this thread doesn’t look to have gone well! But it’s a good call to disengage, and hopefully we can all now get back on topic.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Red Queen right now:

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Red Queen right now:

+1 :)~

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
L
L
My own thought is that Baldur's Gate has sold decently well and could end up selling very well indeed. According to Larian, the number of people who owned a game tagged CRPG on Steam has risen from 13 million to 16 million in the last year and as the number-one selling CRPG on the platform, BG3 has doubtless driven much of that growth.

As for what it means for future D&D-related projects, I don't know but I do have some ideas. One thing I am positive of is that WoTC would not have given Larian the Baldur's Gate license without some discussion of future additions or expansions. Baldur's Gate is WoTC's biggest IP in the CRPG space and the idea that they would license it out with the idea it would be used for this one game and then nothing sounds ludicrous. I also think that WoTC has held on to control of when and how to announce any such expansions.

My own guess is that anything in that agreement is at least partially going to be tied to sales performance and that it will range from no further work at all if sales are below a certain threshold, to Larian having the option, through Larian either being required to do some form of add-on, expansion, or sequel--or failing that license the engine to someone else who would do such a project. I just checked the community hub and Baldur's Gate 1 has 845 in game--as opposed to Pillars of Eternity which has 372--that's not bad for a 25-year-old game.

So I'm sure we will be getting something soon enough. I'm just not sure what or how it's going to be released.

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard