Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Hey everyone!

We are ONE DAY away from the release of Baldur’s Gate 3, so we hope your hearts are ready for adventure and your eyeballs are primed for tadpoling.

Many of you have been playing Baldur’s Gate 3 since the start of Early Access, all the way back in 2020. You may have accumulated a backlog of old save games, or even a few mods along the way. Even if you’re a first-time player, there’s information here that will be useful to you.

To make sure you’re prepared for the journey ahead, we strongly recommend you take the following steps before venturing forth.

1. Delete your in-game Early Access Saves

We’ve taken measures to ensure a smooth transition into the launch version of BG3, but we still recommend deleting your in-game Early Access save files if you still have access to an Early Access version of the game.

Your Early Access saves and player profiles aren’t compatible with the release version of Baldur’s Gate 3, and leaving them in your save folders may in some fringe cases cause issues. Note: simply deleting the game’s save folder may create conflicts when either Steam Cloud or Larian Cloud re-downloads the save files.

1. Open Baldur’s Gate 3.
2. On the main menu, click Load Game.
3. Click through old campaigns and select Delete Campaign.

This method will ensure your saves are deleted from your computer as well as from the cloud.

We know it can be hard to say goodbye: if you want to back up your saves before removing them from the cloud, you can move them from %LocalAppData%\Larian Studios to another location for safekeeping, before removing them.

[Linked Image from clan.akamai.steamstatic.com]

2. Uninstall the Early Access version

Having the Early Access version of Baldur’s Gate 3 installed will not speed up your download of the full game, and could affect your installation of the full game. Due to the game being in Early Access, we’re unable to offer pre-loads, as this would break existing Early Access saves. To uninstall:

1. In the Steam client, open your Steam Library.
2. Right click Baldur’s Gate 3.
3. From the menu that appears, select Manage -> Uninstall.

3. Delete your Mods

Existing mods will not be compatible with the release version of Baldur’s Gate 3, and will cause issues or break the game in unpredictable ways.

After uninstalling the game, check your Baldur’s Gate 3 installation folder and your AppData folder for Baldur’s Gate 3 to ensure there are no remaining folders for mods.

If you use a mod installer like the Vortex Mod Manager from Nexus, make sure you also uninstall the mods in the mod manager to ensure they aren’t automatically re-downloaded.

For mod-related troubleshooting, check out our Mod Information support page.

4. Install BG3 on an SSD

A solid-state drive (SSD) is highly recommended to play Baldur’s Gate 3, and we recommend you install the game on yours. It’s good practice to make sure you have more space on the drive than is needed.

5. Update your graphics card drivers

Updating to the latest graphics card drivers will help with compatibility and performance of the game.

6. Refer to the launch FAQ

If you have any problems launching BG3 when we switch to the final version of the game on August 3rd, we’ll have an FAQ accessible from the launcher that will detail some of what we believe may be the most likely problems, with solutions.

Outside of the above, our support teams will be happy to assist you with any problems, but we sincerely hope you have fun with the final version of Baldur’s Gate 3!

addict
addict
Errrr

So I un-installed a couple weeks ago, then read last week about deleting all BGS/larian files. Which I did. Now Im unsure if I deleted In game, while cloud was active. How can I assure my cloud saves are gone and they wont effect tomorrow download?

Also as a side not in steam I turned off cloud saving as for me its a pain and I wont need the game files on another pc I only play on this one.

Thanks in advance

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
stranger
stranger
Brother in Absolute!

Right click on the title and go to properties.
There you will have option to disable Cloud Saves under General -> Steam Cloud.

Just so you know - Cloud Saves will upload the latest state of game saves, so once you play the released version of the game it will sync the saves with the Steam Cloud overwriting what you had there previously once you enable it back again.

(you might get a prompt that game data on local PC is "newer" than one in cloud and if you wish to proceed)

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Abuk007; 02/08/23 05:05 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
For GoG, the process is similar, at least it was for me.

[1] Right click on BG3 in GoG, select Show Folder. Leave that open a bit.

[2] Start BG 3, Delete Campaigns.

[3] Uninstall from GoG. Check "Also remove my savegames and local data" when it pops up, UNLESS you want to save them for...some reason. Probably don't do this. Loss can be healthy for growth! If you do want to keep them, copy them from your local Larian folder (see below [4a]) to a safer location.

[4] Remove all Mods. Some from the folder in [1] and some from your local Larian folder. Mine was at:
[4a] C:\Users\<YOUR USER>\AppData\Local\Larian Studios.

[5] Make sure that folder you left open at [1] above is now empty, as is your local Larian folder from [4a].

Okay! This should now clear you for Baldur's Gate 3 on GoG!

R
stranger
stranger
R
To whom this may concern
Prior to patch 9 Baldur's Gate 3 allowed us to have different game profiles, other than just different campaigns. For example I could have a profile that says "Richard" and another profile that says "Richard 2". I need to delete all my saves, according to the above, but I cannot delete those saves and profiles as they are no longer visible in-game. How do I go about deleting them from both the Steam Cloud and the cross-save function?

I found the profiles under: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\PlayerProfiles\. There is usually supposed to be only a Public folder but my old profiles folders, filled with old saves I cannot delete from the cloud, are there as well

Thanks in advance guys smile

Kind regards
Richard

stranger
stranger
Can i remove the following DIR completely after deinstallation of EA :
c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\

All directories below ?

Last edited by BGforumlog; 02/08/23 07:45 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Abuk007
Brother in Absolute!

Right click on the title and go to properties.
There you will have option to disable Cloud Saves under General -> Steam Cloud.

Just so you know - Cloud Saves will upload the latest state of game saves, so once you play the released version of the game it will sync the saves with the Steam Cloud overwriting what you had there previously once you enable it back again.

(you might get a prompt that game data on local PC is "newer" than one in cloud and if you wish to proceed)

Hope this helps!

Thank Mate!

Currently under Cloud save it show 0% out of like 16gb something like that not looking atm I think I'm good

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
veteran
veteran
See you all in Hell. ^_^

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sardaukar
For GoG, the process is similar, at least it was for me.

[1] Right click on BG3 in GoG, select Show Folder. Leave that open a bit.

[2] Start BG 3, Delete Campaigns.

[3] Uninstall from GoG. Check "Also remove my savegames and local data" when it pops up, UNLESS you want to save them for...some reason. Probably don't do this. Loss can be healthy for growth! If you do want to keep them, copy them from your local Larian folder (see below [4a]) to a safer location.

[4] Remove all Mods. Some from the folder in [1] and some from your local Larian folder. Mine was at:
[4a] C:\Users\<YOUR USER>\AppData\Local\Larian Studios.

[5] Make sure that folder you left open at [1] above is now empty, as is your local Larian folder from [4a].

Okay! This should now clear you for Baldur's Gate 3 on GoG!

Thanks for this, Sardaukar!!

E
stranger
stranger
E
If I delete the EA from my Steam Deck and delete the saves, will the new file show up in my library tomorrow saying 1.0 or in my updates? Will my library just show two separate games: early access and 1.0?

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by RichardGouws
To whom this may concern
Prior to patch 9 Baldur's Gate 3 allowed us to have different game profiles, other than just different campaigns. For example I could have a profile that says "Richard" and another profile that says "Richard 2". I need to delete all my saves, according to the above, but I cannot delete those saves and profiles as they are no longer visible in-game. How do I go about deleting them from both the Steam Cloud and the cross-save function?

I found the profiles under: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\PlayerProfiles\. There is usually supposed to be only a Public folder but my old profiles folders, filled with old saves I cannot delete from the cloud, are there as well

Thanks in advance guys smile

Kind regards
Richard

There is a trick to solving this since you can not directly clear Steam cloud saves.

- Right click the game in Steam and open properties
- Go to betas and select Patch8
- You'll have to redownload or patch the game before going further
- Launch the game, you may have to recreate the profile names before you can access the saves. Just be sure the name matches the names you have in your AppData folder
- Delete the saves!

This was the only way for me to get it to stop downloading all that save data each time I opened the game. Cheers!

Originally Posted by Doomlord
urrently under Cloud save it show 0% out of like 16gb something like that not looking atm I think I'm good

It will always show 0% if the game is uninstalled. I thought I was safe myself but decided to reinstall just in case to check. Turns out the above method was the only way.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Thanks so much smile going to give that a try once the patch has been installed and update you smile

I assume I must delete all the profiles in-game as well right?

Kind regards
Richard

R
stranger
stranger
R
Thanks so much for your help smile it worked smile

Kind regards
Richard

M
stranger
stranger
M
Will it be possible do export my characters looks from EA somehow?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Maharradzia
Will it be possible do export my characters looks from EA somehow?

No. New install all new stuff.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Ok I've installed the game checked the integrity of the files and I keep getting this error when I try to launch the game:

Error

Failed to load the main menu from the current game mod. The main menu in that
mod requires the level. Make sure to clear any local mods and try again. If the
problem persists, please contact Larian Support.

Now I don't know why I am getting this as I've got NO MODS installed for the game. I've even deleted Vortex and still cant' get the game to run. Any help would be appreciated.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
Ok I've installed the game checked the integrity of the files and I keep getting this error when I try to launch the game:

Error

Now I don't know why I am getting this as I've got NO MODS installed for the game. I've even deleted Vortex and still cant' get the game to run. Any help would be appreciated.
Did you uninstall and delete all relevant modifications and saves from the Early Access version?
Did you boot in Vulkan or Direct?
What are your specs and settings?
Have you downloaded and updated all relevant drivers?
What are your computer security settings? Have you given full permissions?

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69

Error

Did you uninstall and delete all relevant modifications and saves from the Early Access version?
Did you boot in Vulkan or Direct?
What are your specs and settings?
Have you downloaded and updated all relevant drivers?
What are your computer security settings? Have you given full permissions?

Yes I uninstalled the EA game and saves like I was instructed by Larian
Tried Booting with both Vulcan and Direct with same results
Specs:
16 gigs of ram
2TB windows drive <c>
2TB Gaming drive <D>
<both drives are M.2 NVME drives
Nvida Geforce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU
11th gen Intel Core I7 11700k @ 3.60GHZ 3600 MHZ

Windows 10 OS with everything updated

Last edited by DragonMaster69; 05/08/23 03:24 AM.
stranger
stranger
Hi, Steam says I have the digital deluxe addition (I'm a early access person), but I don't see any of the additional items. What am I missing here?

Cheers.

DK.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Dragonkindred
Hi, Steam says I have the digital deluxe addition (I'm a early access person), but I don't see any of the additional items. What am I missing here?

Cheers.

DK.

As is often the case in games, the items are found in a chest in your camp.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]Sometimes even more often than intended, if you use the cumbersome custom party method, then per char. The DOS items are in the black box or backpack.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard