Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Final release bug:
Edge panning stops always after each cut scene or fight, only can be actiated when pressing w-a-s-d
Very annoying, please fix asap.

See also thead: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1086940/discussions/0/3808408328760742985/

Posted this a few times but also the forum seems to be buggy...
Come on guys, you should do better after 3 years of EA.

Last edited by BGforumlog; 04/08/23 10:21 PM.
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
I can confirm this. A lot of people complain about this. It is really annoying. Please fix it ASAP.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Same here and not only that this was a known bug years ago. Three years in the oven and its released with a game breaking bug like this. Its literally unplayable at the moment it is so distracting. Honestly even ten dollar indie games can get edge panning right!

stranger
stranger
Same issue here really annoying it really breaks the flow.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I agree that the way edge panning is disabled when the camera is locked to a character is really annoying, and first having to unlock the camera by, eg, pressing a camera move key is frustrating as it means it's no longer possible to just use the mouse for camera and movement control which it was in EA. I have submitted a bug report directly to Larian about this one.

I think I find it most irritating actually in combat, when the camera jumps to the next party in the initiative order and edge panning locks, only for me to have to unlock it to survey the battlefield.

I wondered if it were an intentional change if play testers found it a problem losing the camera lock to their controlled character if they moved the cursor too close to the edge of the screen and having to keep reapplying it. I know that did sometimes happen to me in EA. But still, I'd rather that than have to constantly be pressing the movement keys.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Its not perfect but if you have a gaming mouse mapping one of your extra buttons to the move right action allows you to turn panning back on with a quick click. Like I said not perfect but much better and easier. Terribly sad that what appears to be such a good game is marred by this. Cyberpunk really copped it for less than this.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Kerro
Its not perfect but if you have a gaming mouse mapping one of your extra buttons to the move right action allows you to turn panning back on with a quick click. Like I said not perfect but much better and easier. Terribly sad that what appears to be such a good game is marred by this. Cyberpunk really copped it for less than this.
Welp why didn't I even think of that... thanks.. while not perfect it's a lot easier to cope with till it gets fixed.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Same here. Worked perfectly in EA, not anymore. Please fix.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
I reported the bug to Larian as well. Please do it too so that they now it is widespread and give it higher priority.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
+1
So annoying. Every time i switch character, it's locked again

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
A number of updates have come down fixing insignificant things but a game breaking bug continues. Surely this game was play tested before release I mean what have they been doing for three years. I can't believe no one noticed such a bad bug.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
What bothers me is that this issue was not present in EA (i had a few panning edge issues though also in EA, but not this persistent) . This might indicate that this was done on purpose, so i am afraid that this was considered as a "feature" by Larian?
Seems it's best to stop playing for one month and then log in again and play the game after bugfix (if this is considered as a bug - if not, this would mean a real downgrade of the game for me)

Last edited by BGforumlog; 06/08/23 07:36 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
One can only hope they'll fix it asap.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
No way, this cannot be a feature. I think it is there because of consoles/gamepad. They implemented gamepad which doesn't need edge panning and forgot to remove that for KB+M. It's my theory.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
No word from the developers on fixing this. My guess is the next thing we'll get in someone trying to spin this bug as a wonderful new feature and the future of gaming. What a shame to completely stuff a game with such a stupid mistake. If it was easy to fix it would have already been implemented. Also amazing that so many of the glowing write ups just mention 'clunky camera' rather than calling it what it is, a game breaking bug.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
I believe it is easy to fix. It was not like that in EA. They just have to look what changes to camera they did to the full release build and find the code that caused this. I am not afraid it is a feature or it is hard to fix. I am just afraid they don't fix it soon because not many people complain about it.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
better fix sex scenes....yeaaaah

addict
addict
+1

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Unfortunately, it seems penis clipping has higher priority. They didn't fix the edge panning in the second hotfix. frown

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
I think its time the developers made some sort of statement on this, just ignoring it isn't helping. Its a game destroying bug that is ruining an otherwise excellent game. Daily updates but still this hasn't been fixed tells me its not going to get fixed. This isn't like playing a game its more like playing against the game totally immersion breaking. Come on developers fess up and let us know what is being done about it. Do we need to shelve it for another three years while this gets attended to?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard