Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
I know it's a bug, but hey, it could be viewed as a feature... I do love having different coloured chests, so i can sort all the junk i collect.

I've had a few game crashes, it happens, but i keep getting a side effect...

* game crashes for whatever reason - note didn't crash till after the first hotfix
* window pops up wanting me to send in the crash info - which i do every time
* another window pops up saying files should be validated and do i want to? - i do
* get back into game - which acts like it's the first time i'm playing with all the permissions windows
* every time i enter the camp for the first time after a crash... a new traveller's chest appears of a different colour
* so far i have the original wood brown chest, a red chest, a blue chest, and now a green chest
* some of the items are repeating.. IE:
Bewildering Adventurer's Pack and Peculiar Clothing Chest - yes you can re-get the food, potions and clothing from them again, i just checked.

now, like i said i really don't mind getting more of those chests in different colours, because i really do like to organize my camp... but, depending on how many times i end up crashing this could become a space issue! of course the delux items shouldn't be repeating either.

** i have dutifully sent in a proper bug report about this already, but i am seriously worrying about how many of these chest i'm going to end up with, being a brand new game and all and crashes happening as new issues found...

Last edited by Cheallaigh; 05/08/23 01:39 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I had this exact thing happen yesterday.

The game crashed, tried to submit a crash log but failed. I restarted the game and it was like I had first launched it, asking me to set gamma and such. my saved game was still there, but when I returned to camp I had 2 travelers chests. This chest was green and had become my default send to camp chest. Im worried about losing my items if they patch this. Which chest do I leave them in? Will I have to transfer all my items to my original chest every time I move them to camp?

C
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
yep, one of my worries as well, since any time you send things to camp it seems kinda random which one it ends up in...

C
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
after pondering this some more, now i'm debating whether or not that save is viable... i don't want to put a lot of time and effort in and either have to constantly spend time sorting everything back to the first chest(it seems random which one things end up in when you send back to camp), or risk losing everything in them whenever this issue gets fixed. then there's also that i have multiple unmovable chests taking up space in each camp, a couple just hang up in the air. game crashes happen sometimes with a new launch, people find even more ways to break things, but i don't want to spend a lot of time in a save that will screw me up when it gets fixed.

a simple response would be nice?

stranger
stranger
I currently have 3 chests.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Same thing happened to me. Crashed and got the submit crash report prompt, which I sent. Upon starting the game again, it thinks it's first launch/all settings reset/all tutorials reset.

I'm guessing it made a new user profile while deleting the old profile after submitting your crash report. The old user profile is the one tied to all our old saves so upon loading it thinks you're a new player in a multiplayer campaign so it spawns additional Traveler's Chests each with another set of DLC and Twitch Drops.

I guess the lesson is don't submit crash reports and exit out of the launcher (if it was running in the background) to avoid any profile shenanigans.

edit: It happened to me in singleplayer. The generation of a new game profile is what I believe caused a new chest to spawn.

Last edited by Gyoru; 07/08/23 10:17 PM.
C
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by Gyoru
so upon loading it thinks you're a new player in a multiplayer campaign so it spawns additional Traveler's Chests each with another set of DLC and Twitch Drops.

multiplayer? this is happening in SP for me.

F
stranger
stranger
F
[quote=Cheallaigh]then there's also that i have multiple unmovable chests taking up space in each camp, a couple just hang up in the air.[/quote]

Are these floating ones extra Traveller's Chests that keep appearing after you've gotten 4 already? I've crashed enough times that I've got 4 chests in my SP playthrough, and I'm wondering if the new profile will just keep spawning them into the camp

Last edited by fibrebunny; 08/08/23 04:43 AM.
C
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by fibrebunny
Originally Posted by Cheallaigh
then there's also that i have multiple unmovable chests taking up space in each camp, a couple just hang up in the air.

Are these floating ones extra Traveller's Chests that keep appearing after you've gotten 4 already? I've crashed enough times that I've got 4 chests in my SP playthrough, and I'm wondering if the new profile will just keep spawning them into the camp
that's exactly what they are... after i crash and the first time i go to camp, a new one of a different colour(so far) appears. sending anything to camp, sends them to a random one as well.

O
stranger
stranger
O
This exact same thing happened to me in my single player game as were you able to resolve your issue?

O
stranger
stranger
O
That's not what they said. The game "thinks" you are in a new multiplayer campaign even when you are in a single player campaign. I know same thing happened to me so maybe stop submitting reports because that might be what is causing the new chests to appear.

O
stranger
stranger
O
Do the chests only appear after a crash and do you report all your crashes? This same thing happened to me im only on my first extra travelers chest and it appeared after a crash which I happened to report. I have had multiple crashes in the past with this not being an issue and am wondering if they are linked like poster Gyoru said.

S
stranger
stranger
S
This also resets/deletes all your game settings, which is pretty annoying if you need to tweak a lot of settings or use custom keybinds.

I understand why they do this - it probably clears up many issues from having old config data that is incompatible with the current version, but it's heavy-handed and a little bit lazy.

If the Larian Launcher cannot detect crashes that are caused by incompatible/corrupt configs, then resetting your profile should really just be an option we're presented with. It should not be a hidden mechanic that punishes you with tedium for giving them technical feedback.

We love this game, so we had been doing the "send report" thing, often with comments, after 100% of CTDs. It sucks, but we're not going to do that anymore until they remove that behavior.

Link Copied to Clipboard