Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
stranger
stranger
F
I think if they made Act 1 that good then there's a chance act 2, 3 and maybe 4 can be completed and polished in the future who knows. Larians Definitive edition

enthusiast
enthusiast
I read it all but I have to say; Insults, attacks on the devs, and personal nitpicks don't make valid points.

The problem with using attacks and vitriol is that it makes people less likely to stick to the discussion, because you've already set the tone as something hostile, OP.

old hand
old hand
Also people who want another game like BG2, could always try make it yourself.

I actually tried to learn programming using Harvard's CS50 ... I was too dumb for it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
Also people who want another game like BG2, could always try make it yourself.

I actually tried to learn programming using Harvard's CS50 ... I was too dumb for it.
I have so many bloody game ideas in my head.
But every time I try to learn Python 3 or C++, it just does not stick. x.x

Z
Zillak Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
OP, if I might make a suggestion, maybe organizing your post into clearer sections might avoid the ranty look of the post, and more people would be willing to read it. As it is, I'm betting most will just read the title, see the huge amount of text and assume you're just ranting nonsense.
Dear Boblawblah! I thanks for your suggestion! Though I'm not a practiced forum writer (this was only my 3-4th time), and in the matter of fact if Larian don't done this incorrection with the game what they done, I don't even think to write into the forum at all! And my purpose with the thread was simply to tell the truth about that incorrection what they done in the game! Why? It' simple because I like Faerun from the very first novel what I read in the Realms! wink So I'm not read the novels because I played the game or the TTRPG, the only reason why I play the game and TTRPG because I read and like the novels. Simply I like the fantasy world Forgotten Realms as it is. wink
And I stand against any incorrection, mistake, and even lies what they done against Faerun. Doesn't matter how little or how insignificant that wrong in others eyes. And in this matter if I stand alone, or stand against the whole world, so be it! I don't care, because that's the right thing to do! And I'm do what it's right not what it's easy no matter how hard it is! And even if I fail, I have the satisfaction that I'm done and I fighted for what it's right. And because I said the truth already in my thread, I don't think I spend too much time in this forums in the future...
Those who have ears hear it, those who have eyes see it, and those who have heart and mind know it! Oh and those who like the Realms just as I do they already know it! wink
And for those who disagree have every right to do that, I'm not some missionar to try to convert them, and nobody pay me to "influence" them. I told them the truth as well, and after what they do with that knowledge isn't my consern at all. If they dissagree even after they hear that, I already writed them to "We agree to disagree!"
But even with this, I thank you again your suggestion and if I use the forum again in the future I try that! wink

You just have to face the facts that another game on BG2s scale will never happen
Dear DumbleDorf! As you can see I don't want "another BG2" I want a Faerun correct game, which is clearly not happened in here! And to do a Faerun correct game isn't beyond any developer teams competency, "They don't need to invent the spanish wax again", they just need to use and use it correctly(!) the already having knowledge (in this case more than 35 years of knowledge), insted of tarnishing or rewriting. Simple as it is! wink

Originally Posted by Silver/
Then, you seem to have missed some very important lore.
Dear Silver/! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......please to think my laughing continue at least an hour long! Than read my answer! wink
Because it looks like you "missed some very important lore" which is: The Forgotten Realms as a Fantasy World an inside Faerun as a Continent have a more than 35 years old(!) history (the first novel came out in the Realms in 1987) and knowledge and lore which can BTW even you can read any time in the already suggested novels! wink
So what you putting in the poll as "an important lore" is one developer team's simple idea (which was only in that level what it was, I think more than 20 years of D.M. and player experience in many TTRPG among them D&D as well, I have every right to say this, but don't mind me at all) who just scratching the topic for at max. 4 years, against 35 years of facts, knowledge which is in the hundreds of novels what already published in the Realms! Little bit strange, but no problem at all! wink
So if you are so into about the "very important lore" let me share you some, and after that you can do with it what you want! wink

So Faerun common knowledge 0.1:
There was a time in Faerun which called "The Time of Troubles" (if you interested I can recite the D.R. as well) when the so called Dead Three stolen the "Tablets of Faith" from the Overgod AO to try to raise more their own powers! (addition knowledge: in that time the Tablets of Faith contained the list of Faerun Gods and their domains) BTW maybe this one was the event what inspired Larian to make this type of a story (without soo much success)... But back to the Lore!
This stealing made AO so overfurious (about how some "lowly gods" threatened the balance) that when he get back the Tablets crushed it in his hands (to show the gods that (even if they are strong artifacts) not the Tablets have the power) and verdicted from that point "Every Faerunian gods power become equal to their mortal followers numbers and that followers devotion!" BTW as punishment AO left the Dead Three to dead for the stealing after they demise!
After that AO resurrected many dead gods when he remade the Tablets of Faith in the "Second Sundering" but doesn't wiped out the verdict that the gods power depend on their mortal followers!
BTW you can read all this clearly in the already recommended novels! wink
So Fun Fact: If they kill every people in Baldur's Gate: (just as you suggested, and if that dialogue ever happend as you writed that just means Larian made a more sloppy and lazier and more illogical work than I writed)
For Bhaal: doesn't remain anybody to murder
For Myrkul: doesn't remain anybody to die
For Bane doesn't remain anybody to rule over tyranny
Why is that important? Just because that's their main domains in power and if you read this little paragraph carefully that means maybe you can understand as well: In that way their works against themselfs!
Not to mentioned that Baldur's Gate isn't the largest nor the strongest city in Faerun and even if they succeeded as you suggested (big surprise!) the others came to retaliate! Again Fun Fact they are evil gods but they aren't this stupid! If you wish to become more detailed in their Real(!) (not as Larian portraited them wrongly) character and their behaviours, again I highly recommend the novels! wink
And finally about "Viconia and Sarevok canon" it is the thing what I absolutely don't care, because I said it already: In QUALITY RPG GAMES(!) continuation (and have many in the market BTW good old and new ones as well, where) the developers respect every(!) players decision, not just the "majority" or the "canon" and don't force one or other to the players! Which mean if they do that, that only mean they don't want to make a quality RPG game simple as it is! :P

Last edited by Zillak; 19/08/23 03:18 PM.
W
veteran
veteran
W
Paragraphs!

addict
addict
I admit that I rarely read posts which are about 40 or more words long. I might skim through the longer ones, but I don't really read them word-for-word, because I just can't wait to read more of

B
old hand
old hand
B
Double post

Last edited by Beechams; 19/08/23 03:57 PM.
B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Warlocke
Originally Posted by Alibied
Sir, this is a Wendy's.

This made me snort out loud.

It made me think "Oh gods another American". I have no idea what a Wendy's is - if pressed I'd guess some sort of fast-food chain.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Apologies, but by the attention you paid to the details of the game, I do not trust you to provide accurate lore summaries that do not leave out important background information. Maybe you'll understand the issue with your assumptions on replay. Including that the game isn't continuously trying to show you that the dead three are idiots

B
old hand
old hand
B
If you actually read his criticisms instead of simply going straight to sarcastic remarks, he does have some good points, although OP, I think ranting a bit too much about racial changes that are very subjective.

As for your overall idea that Act 1 was extremely good, and the quality starts to drop after that, you're not alone, many people have noticed the issues.

I also agree, the elder brain suddenly saying "lul, i tricked three gods, and was in control the whole time" is ridiculous, and Ketheric going to shar, no wait Myrkul was a bit of a head scratcher. Honestly I think part of it was just to bring in Shadowheart to the main plot. She's obviously the most important origin companion, and that was clear from very early on in EA.

OP, if I might make a suggestion, maybe organizing your post into clearer sections might avoid the ranty look of the post, and more people would be willing to read it. As it is, I'm betting most will just read the title, see the huge amount of text and assume you're just ranting nonsense.

Pretty much this (the organization suggestion bit).

I just saw a giant wall of text, skimmed through it and read ridiculous ranting about Sun and Moon Elves and Drow being categorized separately and said “I’m not reading this nonsense,” and then went to see if there were want good snarky responses. Was not disappointed.

Pathetic. Gods help you if you are ever confronted with a book with no pictures in it. 'Wall of text'. aargh

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Beechams
If you actually read his criticisms instead of simply going straight to sarcastic remarks, he does have some good points, although OP, I think ranting a bit too much about racial changes that are very subjective.

As for your overall idea that Act 1 was extremely good, and the quality starts to drop after that, you're not alone, many people have noticed the issues.

I also agree, the elder brain suddenly saying "lul, i tricked three gods, and was in control the whole time" is ridiculous, and Ketheric going to shar, no wait Myrkul was a bit of a head scratcher. Honestly I think part of it was just to bring in Shadowheart to the main plot. She's obviously the most important origin companion, and that was clear from very early on in EA.

I just saw a giant wall of text, skimmed through it and read ridiculous ranting about Sun and Moon Elves and Drow being categorized separately and said “I’m not reading this nonsense,” and then went to see if there were want good snarky responses. Was not disappointed.

Pathetic. Gods help you if you are ever confronted with a book with no pictures in it. 'Wall of text'. aargh
Idk if you’ve actually read a book, friend. They’re usually divided into things called paragraphs.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
S
old hand
old hand
S
My German teacher used to fail people if they did not use "proper" paragraphs. Just saying

W
veteran
veteran
W

I have a degree in history with a minor in philosophy from a highly ranked university. I read lots of books, thanks.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Every CRPG since BG2 is unworthy in comparison to BG2. That doesn't mean those games are bad.

But there again, it does not follow from this that BG3 is good.

I've just finished the creche and the dialogue was all over the place at the end with the Lich Queen of New Orleans totally confused as to whether she was speaking to me or Lae'zel and Lae'zel bouncing between with me or again me after deciding to follow me.
The astral plane scene was largely pointless. Queenie says there's something in the artefact but something, something, we have to go the the astral plane. Guardian says Queenie will be miffed when we get back to the creche. On our return we kill two or three gith who were stood near the waypoint and we are out of there.
I choose the Grove from the waypoint options but get sent to camp where Lae'zel rages about the queen and betrayal and something, something. Then a heartbeat later she decides it is a test. Then we have a long rest without needing any supplies.

The Italian restaurant area (The Temple of Lasagne) was pointlessly large and difficult to navigate and all for a mace which isn't as good as the flail I bought from a merchant. The area seemed to be there just to name-drop Lathander. Same thing for the kobolds. "Secret passage" on a set of double-doors the size of Wales.

B
old hand
old hand
B
I have a degree in history with a minor in philosophy from a highly ranked university. I read lots of books, thanks.

I have a degree in Politics and Contemporary History but even when I was at primary school that post would not have constituted a 'wall of text'.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Idk if you’ve actually read a book, friend. They’re usually divided into things called paragraphs.

Yes, I've read lots of books but those that I have read are divided into things called chapters with some of the larger titles divided into things called volumes. The OP's post was divided into paragraphs BTW.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Okay, folks, that’s enough trash talking and critiquing of writing style. Let’s engage with the OP’s specific points if we want to, or go to another thread if we don’t.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
W
veteran
veteran
W

I have a degree in Politics and Contemporary History but even when I was at primary school that post would not have constituted a 'wall of text'.

Congratulations. You’ve convinced me you are somebody not worth talking to. Have a great life.

Every CRPG since BG2 is unworthy in comparison to BG2. That doesn't mean those games are bad.

BG 1 was better than BG 2. Arcanum, Fallout 1 and 2, PoE 1, DAO, Pathfinder Kingmaker and WORT, BG3 are all better than BG 2. People obsess about BG 2 because of nostalgia, but it was very generic. Lots of content, but the plot was bland and boring honestly. An evil megalomaniac wizard who wants to be god and solves every problem with MAGIC is just bad writing. Sarevok had finesse, he actually used brains and his Iron Crisis intrigue was quite nicely written. Irenicus just used his magical powers to do stuff. The only reason he got so far is because he had so much plot armor every faction that managed to subdue him didn't kill him, but let him live and overpower them with MAGIC later.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard