Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
This is very probably suggested elsewhere but thought I'd share anyway just in case.

As you're adventuring around the world you can find different kinds of chest to pick up and you can send them to your camp. Not only do their icons sometimes look different in your bag/traveller's chest, but they are often named different things - so for example I've got two chests which look the same but one is called 'Moss Covered Chest' and the other 'Wooden Chest.'

But also you can find items that look like a single item but are actually proper containers. So for example, near the windmill in the Blighted Village, just as you hop down the step northward, there's a hole you can loot. Inside there's a book, and if you 'read' it, it turns out to be a container. I've also found a skeleton and an animal carcass that does this. Please let me know if there are others - I'd like to collect them!

So I've got all these different containers in my Traveller's Chest, and I use different ones to manage my inventory - so obviously books go in The Book Container, I use a spikey chest with cow skull 'Crude Chest' I found in the Goblin Camp for things I consider to be 'evil' or unpleasant, I've got a 'painted chest' for explosives, barrels and arrows, an 'adamantine' chest for gems and other valuables, etc etc. Point is I've found enough different types of container around the world to tell them apart easily.

And, if you open these containers from within your Traveller's Chest, you can select multiple items from the main body of the Traveller's Chest and drag them across to the container you have open. It is a bit fiddly though.

Anyway, I know this isn't perfect, but until there is a better solution, it's really helped me sort my stuff.

Sorry if I've sounded condescending or really 'obvious' but I hope it helps someone! Thanks for reading! smile

veteran
veteran
Yup, that's what I do as well to organize my inventory. There's also Gale's unique pouch which you can obtain by letting him die temporarily in regular gameplay, I personally use it for my main character for potions and important quest/lore items. And there is a stuffed teddybear in the Bog just under the river's waterfall.

• Camp Supply Pack - Contains all the camp supplies naturally and a real life saver as you can highlight all items in the chest and drag it over the bag, it will put just the food in and leave the rest. Saves time.
  • Chest Of The Mundane - I like to pick up all backpacks and pouches and such, especially if they have unique names so I toss them in there.
  • Curious Book - Contains all the scrolls and arrows, throwables basically.
  • Peculiar Clothing Chest - Deluxe Edition chest which contains all the unique equipment I find and currently am not using.
  • Storage Chest - Contains common weapons and armor which I sell to my favorite vendor.
  • Stuffed Teddybear - Contains exclusively dyes which I've "bought" with a 5 finger discount.
  • Wooden Barrel - Contains all the explosive barrels I come across since I never know when I might come across a God with 999 hp. Would love to introduce them to the concept of barrelmancy grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

enthusiast
enthusiast
I did a similar thing, without the fancy pants storage containers. Just a sack for books, a pouch for potions, backpack for miscellaneous stuff, etc

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
The "book container" is an excellent and logical place to put my spell scrolls (and various notes and letters). But sadly, my wizard character cannot learn spells from the scrolls that are stored inside containers. This seems like a bug that upcoming patches may be able to fix, since all other items (alchemy items, camp supplies, etc.) inside containers can still be used.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by GamingPhreak
The "book container" is an excellent and logical place to put my spell scrolls (and various notes and letters). But sadly, my wizard character cannot learn spells from the scrolls that are stored inside containers. This seems like a bug that upcoming patches may be able to fix, since all other items (alchemy items, camp supplies, etc.) inside containers can still be used.
"Items inside containers don't seem to count as items inside your inventory" is an issue that was pointed multiple times across the EA and the only logical conclusion is that Larian didn't think it was important enough to fix back then.

More in general, I'm finding myself once again in the position to stress that while "better container management" would SOMEWHAT help to alleviate the issues of the current inventory management, I still don't think it would be anywhere near enough to make it good. Especially when it would need to through the whole "you'll need to manually flag containers to set them for different item types".

So my (weak) hope is that we'll get far more meaningful improvements over time.
My ideal baseline would start with an unified inventory for each player (and then include additional improvements like better sorting options) rather than having separate inventories for each characters... which doesn't even seem to serve any gameplay purpose aside from making moving items around an annoyance (given that everyone can access anyone's bags even in combat with no restriction whatsoever).

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
K
stranger
stranger
K
Here is my inventory feedback after 150+ hours.

It's just the worst part of the game, or rather the most painful/tedious one. You get so much stuff if you just go vacuuming everything like I do but managing inventory is such a pita, and here is why and maybe some potential solutions:

Bags, pouches: 1. You cannot access them from the vendor screen. So all your vendor stuff has to be just sitting there until you can clear it. Annoying but you play around it once you know.
2. There is a "custom" option in game once you right-click a pouch/bag but it does nothing (at least for me) I was hoping this would allow you to rename any sort of container you carry or stash in your camp. I have several bags per character so I distribute the weight accordingly but I end up opening the same pouches 3-4 times because it gets so confusing.

Inventory/ Camp chest UI: While managing my camp chest ( I have a tons of barrels, fancy chests etc in there so I can organize further), I would have my inventory open on one side, the camp chest on the other and so on. Opening a new chest would cause the chest window to open behind the inventory window, which is so annoying as you have to drag away everything almost all the time. A first decent solution would be to make every new chest window to open up on top of everything that is already open.
You can only expand your storage containers from top to bottom and not diagonally. Why? It makes managing each individual container so much harder

Moving thins around/retrieving things: When moving things around in the inventory (most of the times trying to place them as I would want them to be), it's rather common that I end up placing a full bag into another by mistake, instead of them just switching positions. Maybe switching containers around should be more feasible, as of today I have to play tetris to be able to move them.
Same goes for all containers in my camp chest. And on top of that, If I want to open something inside the camp chest, you need to right-click, then open (and lets remember it will open behind your inventory window so you will have to drag windows around) It makes the process so slow and painful. I would make it that for stashed containers, if you double-click them you open them and if you want to retrieve them, then maybe right-click into pick-up item.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I dont get it why you use heavy containers to discern inventory.
Theres a lot of Backpacks and Pouches with different Names and Icons to discern. Thereby you can increase/optimize weight. Big chests weigh up to 10-20 pounds.

Else, just using Hill Giant Potions every Longrest and not other elixirs which cancel the former, seems the most simple solution.

And for all the heavy stuff like Armor and other Weapons or whatever is heavy and is only needed for selling purpose, just use "Chest of the Mundane", which you can find in the Underdark at the Clerics Tower.

Update 29.08.2023: Seems with Patch one this Chest lost its purpose of beeing a Bag of Holding replacement. Larian does not want us to carry everything around and break the game. With this chests it was possible to carry alot of heavy explosives around for some big Battles or just to make fun of blwoing everything up like whole City of Baldurs Gate. Now its back to same old "send to camp" --> tedious "get from camp".
Really need some Bag of holdings, even if they are restriced to Number or weight items, or just for carrying Trash to sell. Could even restrict on size of items, because opening those chest is a fixed size measurement, so you arent able to put in items like a barrel or bigger items

Last edited by TheHero; 29/08/23 01:01 PM.
B
old hand
old hand
B

Link Copied to Clipboard