Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
U
stranger
stranger
U
Originally Posted by Charlietbh
Originally Posted by Uriens
Did you try to empty your inventory at the firecamp and make a new check? In other games i had similar problems with full inventory and a lot of saves ...

Can you explain what you mean by “at the campfire”? Does that make any difference, like do you mean destroy the items?

My wife wants to hoard all the books, could we send them “to camp” instead?

Put books in library and items in chests at camp.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Yes, unfortunately. I suspect it will get worse again in act 3 as the "stuff" in memory builds again.

And Yes Katarsi, the game keeps track of all the objects. Thats why when you leave an area and come back the stuff is still on the floor. The world is still burned/wet/acid/whatever.

I don't think the tracking of objects or memory usage itself is the issue because this works fine in single player. Theres a stark contrast between the switching in splitscreen. It's gotta be running a different segment of code somewhere.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Cidwin
Yes, unfortunately. I suspect it will get worse again in act 3 as the "stuff" in memory builds again.

And Yes Katarsi, the game keeps track of all the objects. Thats why when you leave an area and come back the stuff is still on the floor. The world is still burned/wet/acid/whatever.

I don't think the tracking of objects or memory usage itself is the issue because this works fine in single player. Theres a stark contrast between the switching in splitscreen. It's gotta be running a different segment of code somewhere.

I think the problem is that the game treats the split screen as two separate gameplays happening at the same time, so basically everything you do in single player is doubled in split screen - but the game attempts to stuff it in a single save. If this is the case, I can fully understand why it keeps choking.
In DOS2 we were able to merge split screens into one, which means it was a single playthrough but with two players, and understandably everything was normal. BG3 on the other hand is literally splitting us in split screen instead of making us into a team. This is why dialogue options are repeated for every player, why we can't communicate with each other or to each other's followers and so on.
The game is treating each player as the main player - and this is something that I think shouldn't be done in co-op. The main player (the account that had started the game) is the main protagonist, and the second player is basically their partner, support, and someone who should also have a say in major decisions (like in DOS 1 and 2). But we don't communicate at all. There's no merged split screen, there aren't things we truly do together. It's like one is completely unaware of the other's presence!

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Survivor of Cania
C
stranger
stranger
C
I really hope it's not that. That would be a much more core problem and significantly harder to solve without a major refactoring.

They need to do it either way though. It's totally unplayable in the current state.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Castiel
Everyone - please use the PS5 screen recording option to record videos and post them here via YouTube or other streaming service.

I am going to create a video detailing all the bugs and Larians lack of communication. It is concerning because this has been the state for PC co op since it released.

Once the video is created or your videos are shared here, I will forward to all major content creators. I am sure they would love the controversy clicks, and it will bring more attention to the issue.

Made a channel just for this. We need to get some attention on this, because no one is talking about it, and Xbox players are about to be swindled too:

L
stranger
stranger
L
I have read that on September 21 they release a large patch.

The thing is that it doesn't say anything about the split screen, they say that it is because of act 3 in which the game does not go as well as in 1 and 2.

So if they solve it (which I don't have much hope for) it will either be on the 21st or it will be a couple of weeks later at best.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Probably better off advertising to Xbox pre-order and future buyers that split screen is broken and not to buy it, maybe then Larian will adress it laugh

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Luysvoorhees
I have read that on September 21 they release a large patch.

The thing is that it doesn't say anything about the split screen, they say that it is because of act 3 in which the game does not go as well as in 1 and 2.

So if they solve it (which I don't have much hope for) it will either be on the 21st or it will be a couple of weeks later at best.

Can you provide context? I wasn't able to find any details of the patch other than the expected release date.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Charlietbh
Originally Posted by Castiel
Everyone - please use the PS5 screen recording option to record videos and post them here via YouTube or other streaming service.

I am going to create a video detailing all the bugs and Larians lack of communication. It is concerning because this has been the state for PC co op since it released.

Once the video is created or your videos are shared here, I will forward to all major content creators. I am sure they would love the controversy clicks, and it will bring more attention to the issue.

Made a channel just for this. We need to get some attention on this, because no one is talking about it, and Xbox players are about to be swindled too:

Excellent videos, thx for posting. Wife and I gave up at Moonrise due to lag so I haven’t had the chance to make any yet.

We should get a nice video together and get it on Asmongold or some other YouTubers radar.

J
stranger
stranger
J
They have a Twitter/X post about an update but nothing mentions the split-screen issue. We need to flood their comments about the issue.
https://twitter.com/baldursgate3/status/1702023390511374743

There's also an IGN article that mentions the split screen is "mostly ok". The more people talking about this in the comments the better.
https://www.ign.com/articles/baldur...-confirmed-alongside-full-support-on-mac

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
We loaded up and tried to continue our 50h+ playthrough this evening - we found the problem to have gotten worse still. We managed to see freezing / 0fps periods in new contexts - summons disappearing for instance, as well as one player trying to level up while the other wasn't. Really bad lag spikes bordering on freezing on the lava filled areas of act 1 etc...

Good spot re the ign article - commented on their appalling qualification of the split screen as mostly okay. Damn they sound like estate agents talking about dumps.

Edit: found a review that actually mentions the "horrendous" state of split screen on ps5, specifically mentioning the freezing. Not a mainstream site sadly but at least some are being thorough / honest. https://primagames.com/tips/how-is-baldurs-gate-3-performance-on-playstation-5

Last edited by Didsy; 14/09/23 10:53 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
Confirmation: Upon reaching act 3, the performance issues clear up completely. I played a few hours last night at the beginning of act 3 in split screen and the performance was similar to the performance when starting the game fresh on act 1.

I suspect there are issues with memory management as the world expands. Hence, reports of decreasing performance as you enter act 2 and greatly expanding the size of the world. Upon reaching act 3, previous areas of the world are no longer required to be kept in memory, and performance is restored.

So, if you're playing split screen and you're getting frustrated mid act2, I suggest swapping to single player and handing off the controller until you beat Act 2. Somewhat annoying to work around, but at least the beginning of act 3 has been playable.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Chantastic
Confirmation: Upon reaching act 3, the performance issues clear up completely. I played a few hours last night at the beginning of act 3 in split screen and the performance was similar to the performance when starting the game fresh on act 1.

I suspect there are issues with memory management as the world expands. Hence, reports of decreasing performance as you enter act 2 and greatly expanding the size of the world. Upon reaching act 3, previous areas of the world are no longer required to be kept in memory, and performance is restored.

So, if you're playing split screen and you're getting frustrated mid act2, I suggest swapping to single player and handing off the controller until you beat Act 2. Somewhat annoying to work around, but at least the beginning of act 3 has been playable.

Thanks for the insight. Gives us some hope.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Thanks, good to know.

I’ll be putting the game down until it’s fixed though. Not going to compromise with a video game. Maybe it’s out of spite and I’m just stubborn but this game doesn’t deserve my energy at this time.

Plenty of other games that just…work…

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Dear Larian Studios Team,

As previously described multiple times:
We are encountering the same problem in Baldur's Gate 3 on PS5. I've created an account specifically to give more weight to this issue, and I kindly request that others do the same. Larian must address this problem! The problem is the same as described above, and I'm relieved that we are not the only ones facing it. Initially, I thought we were just a minority playing this game in split-screen mode, but apparently, it's more widespread than I thought. This gives me hope that Larian is aware of this issue, if they aren't already. My wife and I have played DOS 1 and DOS 2 together, and it's baffling to us why the co-op experience in BG3 is such a disaster!

Here are the points that bother us, significantly limiting our experience and diminishing our enjoyment of the game:

1. Permanent Split-Screen: Even though we are playing "co-op," it doesn't feel that way. It's more like each of us is playing our own game, sharing the same screen. It often becomes chaotic and lacks clarity.

2. Simultaneous Turns in Combat: Why are we taking turns simultaneously in battles? While this might make for a faster gameplay experience, it leads to overlapping decisions and chaotic combat situations. We no longer make decisions together during individual turns as we did in DOS; instead, it feels like everyone is doing their own thing, hoping for a cohesive outcome.

3. Freezing Issues: Every time a creature is summoned, a summoned creature dies, an enemy dies, a character enters combat, a character is swapped, or a character accesses the inventory, the game freezes for about 3 to 15 seconds, depending on the situation. This issue has worsened significantly towards the end of Act One and the beginning of Act Two. We are quite patient, but this seriously impacts our gaming experience. My wife has even hesitated to summon creatures due to this problem.

4.Separate Dialogues and Cutscenes: Dialogues are only conducted individually, and cutscenes play out on one half of the screen. The other player has to quickly find and "listen" to the character speaking to understand what's happening together.

5.Party Management: Every time we start the game, we spend 5 minutes reassigning the party, which we miss from how it worked in DOS. The main character has to send the respective character to the camp, and the second player has to go to the camp to bring that character into their group. This process is cumbersome.

6. Overall Co-op Experience: All these issues combined result in the scenario I described above. While we are playing co-op, it doesn't feel like we are playing a game together. Instead, it feels like we are sharing a save file and occasionally communicating what's happening. Even though we are in the same world, most of the time, we don't feel like a team but rather two players sharing a screen.
Please, Larian, address these problems! The co-op in DOS was perfect, and we want that experience back.

Thank you for your attention to these issues, and we hope to see improvements soon.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by BG3NF
5.Party Management: Every time we start the game, we spend 5 minutes reassigning the party, which we miss from how it worked in DOS. The main character has to send the respective character to the camp, and the second player has to go to the camp to bring that character into their group. This process is cumbersome.

I agree with most of your points, but thought I'd help you with this one. Once both players have loaded into the game, have player 1 press 'Options' on the controller to bring up the menu, then select 'Multiplayer'. This allows you to shuffle party members around between active players. I've never had to go through the steps that you described.

I will say that occasionally the 'Multiplayer' option goes missing from the menu and does require a game restart to bring it back.

J
stranger
stranger
J
I dropped a comment on PushSquare if anyone else wants to do the same
https://www.pushsquare.com/features/poll-what-review-score-would-you-give-baldurs-gate-3

O
stranger
stranger
O
Act 3 is becoming a bit of a mess not only do freezes persist, we've also encountered hard crashes and a save file being corrupted (cause unknown, it had nothing to do with a crash) also character textures have started not loading correctly, faces and hair specially have a soft squishy look, I've also confirmed this happens on single player as well. Anyone on Act 3 having these issues?

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by eebik
Originally Posted by BG3NF

I agree with most of your points, but thought I'd help you with this one. Once both players have loaded into the game, have player 1 press 'Options' on the controller to bring up the menu, then select 'Multiplayer'. This allows you to shuffle party members around between active players. I've never had to go through the steps that you described.

I will say that occasionally the 'Multiplayer' option goes missing from the menu and does require a game restart to bring it back.

Wow, thank you! I had already searched on the internet because I couldn't really imagine that this way we did was correct. However, several websites described this as the only way to change the party. It probably counted for the single player. In any case we tried it yesterday as you suggested and it worked. thanks for this! We also emptied our inventory in the camp and sold many things. I believe that freezing helped a bit

S
stranger
stranger
S
I had this issue pretty much resolve itself yesterday and I have no idea why. We had been fighting in the goblin camp the day before, and when we started the game up yesterday to finish, it was just better. I don’t think we restarted the game or anything. I initially thought it was because we were fighting indoors, but we had been trying the same fight the night before with all the issues. Plus it was still fixed after we went outside. There’s no freezing between character swaps anymore, and summoning freezes the game for about 5 seconds rather than 30. No idea why it fixed itself.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard