Print Thread
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
After patch 3

During my playthrough using Nvidia surround to do a 32:9 ratio splitscreen experience.
The conversations no longer move to the cutscenes with the mocaped models but rather just have the text and voice played out with the game screen frozen.

However, if the 2nd player joins in to listen. It will play out normally.
HOWEVER HOWEVER, after the conversation ends or when the player leaves the listening, the image from the previous conversation will be permanently taking up the btm part of the screen, as much as the black bar for UI will take up.

The game will now be squashed in visuals and then the cursor will be offset a little higher than the indicator.

My girl and I had been having a blast playing bg3 up until this patch and now it is technically playable, but grating as all avernus for long sessions.

Last edited by birdbunch; 25/09/23 12:14 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
We’ve been having the same issue on PC. Game is basically unplayable. I’ve tried everything and nothing fixes it. Ours also happens in splitscreen coop

Last edited by Mjohnston; 25/09/23 06:50 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
I am also getting this in splitscreen co-op since the last patch. Cutscenes work fine before second controller is connected, and fine if second player “listens”, although I also sometimes see the cutscenes hanging around at the bottom of the screen.
Loving the game, but this is making progress…challenging!

T
stranger
stranger
T
FWIW we tried switching to Vulkan and it crashed entirely

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by birdbunch
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
After patch 3

During my playthrough using Nvidia surround to do a 32:9 ratio splitscreen experience.
The conversations no longer move to the cutscenes with the mocaped models but rather just have the text and voice played out with the game screen frozen.

However, if the 2nd player joins in to listen. It will play out normally.
HOWEVER HOWEVER, after the conversation ends or when the player leaves the listening, the image from the previous conversation will be permanently taking up the btm part of the screen, as much as the black bar for UI will take up.

This issue is reportedly caused by using DLSS (and maybe DLAA).

Temporary workaround is to:

- disable DLSS / DLAA
+ enable FSR (Ultra Quality preferably)
+ enable TAA

This gets rid of the issue and performs (around 10%) and looks only slightly worse.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Disabling DLSS fixed this for us (albeit with a little performance cost). Thanks for your help!

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by the_buttster
Disabling DLSS fixed this for us (albeit with a little performance cost). Thanks for your help!

Glad to help.
Hope this gets patched very soon.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Still not fixed by Hotfix 8.
Bumping for visibility.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Just wanted to comment, I am having the same issue. Have not been able to try out the DLSS workaround yet, since I am reinstalling the game now. I hope this gets resolved soon.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Lazypanda5
Just wanted to comment, I am having the same issue. Have not been able to try out the DLSS workaround yet, since I am reinstalling the game now. I hope this gets resolved soon.

Hopefully, I've been trying to get a comment from Larian, but there is zero word on the issue.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Hotfix 9 did not address the issue, so time for another bump.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Update: After submitting a bug report to Larian Support twice, I got a second reply (after the first one claimed that "the issue should be fixed. if it is not, please contact us again.")

The reply itself:

"Thank you for contacting us with this report!

I have already sent this report to our Development team so they can take a look at it.

Best Regards

Last edited by Cpt.Badger; 10/10/23 05:03 PM.
Z
addict
addict
Z
No this is still present I dont find it a big issue cuz I have 120 fps even in act 3. So I could turn of dlss. But it's still happening with split screen. Just now it's even worst because it's freezing in combat. With or without dlss.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by ZOZO1006
No this is still present

Indeed it is.
That's why I sent them another bug report about it not being fixed by Hotfixes 8 and 9.

Remember you can send a bug report here:
https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3#modal

C
stranger
stranger
C
Bump for visibility.

Link Copied to Clipboard