Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 57 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 56 57
R
Rotsen Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by papercut_ninja
How you see your game and react to the things you don't like is of course entirely up to you. But this sort of re-hashes the old pointless argument that you can somehow play a single player game in the "wrong" way. What is the point of trying to convince me or others that I can't apply my own mindset to my own game?

I am 100% with you about this terrible writing and how it is shoehorned in as an afterthought because they decided they had to include poly and swinger sex just to satisfy a bunch of thirsty fans. And everything about it is really toxic and uncomfortable if you aren't interested in that and without any warning it gets pushed on you anyway if you make certain decisions. I find Halsin utterly disgusting and the whole fandom around him gives me toxic Christian Grey vibes (not his original fans that wanted him to be someone entirely different), so I just avoid him as much as I can and he doesn't ruin any of my relationships in the game for me. I understand entirely if your mindset is different and that my response as to how I deal with it isn't very helpful to you (or doesn't make any sense to you). I am not saying that you could just do what I do. You are who you are and not the same as me.

Can we focus more on the actual issues of the problematic and bad writing and not how everyone who are on the same side here has to play their own story.

Im sorry Ninja but I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Nowhere did I disparage or discourige anyones playstile. If a player chooses to play things or see things differently than I do its entirely up to them and thats totaly fine.

What I pointed out is that things don't change and are set in stone regardless if you choose to ignore them or not. The rest of it (writing and its implementation) we agree on.

Originally Posted by EdaLee
I find the discussion here strange.
Married women flirt in real life too, they dream too, it's not a bad thing if SH is interested in Halsin, even if she is in a relationship.

LMAO. Eda I know that you are poly or at least poly adjacent from your posts in the Halsin thread so if you have no issue with it that's fine. But I'm going to tell you a little secret. In most mono relationships (straight, gay, lesbian, bi) that's called emotional cheating. Flirting with someone else in front of your partner and talking about wanting to have sex with someone else when your partner is not into it leads to a break up.

But, they put SH in this situation to sleep with Halsin and their Tav's aren't mono either after all the bed stories.
If they break up because of a flirt or a dream, then there is something wrong with the relationship.

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Originally Posted by Rotsen
Im sorry Ninja but I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Nowhere did I disparage or discourige anyones playstile. If a player chooses to play things or see things differently than I do its entirely up to them and thats totaly fine.

What I pointed out is that things don't change and are set in stone regardless if you choose to ignore them or not. The rest of it (writing and its implementation) we agree on.

Perfectly fine, ignore what I said then.

Like I said I think the bad writing is the main issue. And to me the Shadowheart issue is just a small part of a much larger problem which is the toxic garbage heap that is Halsin and how he stinks up everything he touches.

Last edited by papercut_ninja; 03/10/23 07:59 AM.
R
Rotsen Offline OP
OP Offline
R
But, they put SH in this situation to sleep with Halsin and their Tav's aren't mono either after all the bed stories.
If they break up because of a flirt or a dream, then there is something wrong with the relationship.

[img]https://i.imgflip.com/18wk44.jpg?a470976[/img]

The real relationships thing and whether you think the break up is warranted or not is entirely up to you. But I rather not go deeper into it than necessary, it has a tendency to derail the topic.

I think you are being a bit selective in using peoples arguments with what the issue is here. The flirting/invitation to sex in that banter happens regardless of whether or not the MC opened the relationship or not.

I'm just going to recommend you re-read the posts (at lest the recent ones) people have made in both Shadowheart and Halsin threads. (Ninja as someone that has a different perspective than most had some good posts recently that they made in regards to the writing/implementation) And if you still disagree? Then we just have different views on relationships and in this case the story/writing.

Guys you are so cuddly, you remind me of my son who also likes SH and that's why he wanted to kill Halsin, I had to stop him. laugh

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Guys you are so cuddly, you remind me of my son who also likes SH and that's why he wanted to kill Halsin, I had to stop him. laugh

Thanks for demeaning our concerns about rape culture and not respecting when someone has given clear information that they do not consent.

Do you approve of people asking your son for sex and ignoring his wishes for them to leave him alone when he says he doesn't want to?

Edit:
Apologies for being so harsh and dragging your children into it.

I see problematic behaviour that aligns with rape culture and coercive manipulation. You could respond that you don't make the same interpretation without belittling me.

Last edited by papercut_ninja; 03/10/23 09:47 AM.
I'm in my late 30s. I live and have lived, I won't respond to something so exaggerated.

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
I'm in my late 30s. I live and have lived, I won't respond to something so exaggerated.

Since a lot of people seem to entirely miss the context and point. This is what I am talking about:

Halsin: I am attracted to you Tav and I would like to have sex with you.

Tav: Sorry, I am not interested in that. I just like you as a friend.

Halsin: I respect that, though I had to try. I won't bother you again.

A few scenes later:

Halsin: Shadowheart, would you be interested in having sex together with me and Tav? <-- wtf, I said no. Assumed consent much?

And another scene later:

Halsin: Oh, you and Shadowheart are about to have sex together with some other people, can I join too?

That's two strikes for you Halsin!! That's two too many! And to top it off, let's throw in a little guilttrip at the end too by openly expressing our disapproval.

So again, if you refuse to see rape culture when it is on full display and deny how that is insensitive and inconsiderate to other people, then we are done talking.

Last edited by papercut_ninja; 03/10/23 09:30 AM.
C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
I am in the same life stage as you and I am RA - the criticism of Halsin in this regard is sadly not exaggerated.

R
Rotsen Offline OP
OP Offline
R

Thanks for demeaning our concerns about rape culture and not respecting when someone has given clear information that they do not consent.

Do you approve of people asking your son for sex and ignoring his wishes for them to leave him alone when he says he doesn't want to?

Do I think she's being a bit condescending in that post? Sure, but I think you came in a bit too hard there. smile

Since a lot of people seem to entirely miss the context and point. This is what I am talking about:

Halsin: I am attracted to you Tav and I would like to have sex with you.

Tav: Sorry, I am not interested in that. I just like you as a friend.

Halsin: I respect that, though I had to try. I won't bother you again.

A few scenes later:

Halsin: Shadowheart, would you be interested in having sex together with me and Tav? <-- wtf, I said no. Assumed consent much?

And another scene later:

Halsin: Oh, you and Shadowheart are about to have sex together with some other people, can I join too?

That's two strikes for you Halsin!! That's two too many! And to top it off, let's throw in a little guilttrip at the end too by openly expressing our disapproval.

So again, if you refuse to see rape culture when it is on full display and deny how that is insensitive and inconsiderate to other people, then we are done talking.

This post, great! Really shows how much of a sex pest Halsin is and that the game ignores players choice when it comes to him.

Perhaps Halsin was confused by the double standards? Whatever.
it's a game, the developers don't have to rotate on everything.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Rotate, no. Fix the things they wrote to actually work right: yes.

They have an obligation to do so, as they provided the product.

R
Rotsen Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Perhaps Halsin was confused by the double standards? Whatever.
it's a game, the developers don't have to rotate on everything.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

Double standards? LOL

'You want to have sex with other people but not with me! The only reason you rejected me is because of your double standards!'

Damn dude, that's a perfect fit for a nice guys tm.

edit. I'll say this one last time, most people didn't even initiate the twins/poly scene and he still decided to be a creep after you reject him. And I'm out, have fun guys smile

Last edited by Rotsen; 03/10/23 09:51 AM.
Well, Larian can make Halsin mute, it won't be difficult, if it bothers so many people, I do not care.

E
E
It's not double standard. Rejection mean no. And no is a full sentence that should be accepted. If Tav doesn't want Halsin and says so, Halsin needs to back off. He's not entitled to sex just because Tav has sex with others.

So, even if SH and Tav agrees to sleep with the drows doesn't make it okay for someone else to say "if you pick them, you have to pick me too".

And I know, it's a game and these are not real people. But rape-culture is a huge problem in our society, and I still think it's wrong to normalize it the way they do here. No is no. Consent matters. And if they want to tread upon sensitive topics like this, they should do it with care and make sure there's enough context, discussion and solutions to these things so that the player at least has a way to react and solve the issue. Did they want Halsin to be a creep? Fine, then give me the option to call him out on it and send him the hell away from my camp for breaching my trust.

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Originally Posted by EMar
It's not double standard. Rejection mean no. And no is a full sentence that should be accepted. If Tav doesn't want Halsin and says so, Halsin needs to back off. He's not entitled to sex just because Tav has sex with others.

So, even if SH and Tav agrees to sleep with the drows doesn't make it okay for someone else to say "if you pick them, you have to pick me too".

And I know, it's a game and these are not real people. But rape-culture is a huge problem in our society, and I still think it's wrong to normalize it the way they do here. No is no. Consent matters. And if they want to tread upon sensitive topics like this, they should do it with care and make sure there's enough context, discussion and solutions to these things so that the player at least has a way to react and solve the issue. Did they want Halsin to be a creep? Fine, then give me the option to call him out on it and send him the hell away from my camp for breaching my trust.

hug
Thank you! I appreciate everything you just said here!

Guys please, the discussion reminded me of my son, I don't take it seriously, sorry if it bothers you so much.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Guys please, the discussion reminded me of my son, I don't take it seriously, sorry if it bothers you so much.

I think you're completely ignoring the points people had shown here about the Halsin-SH situation.

If you like Halsin, that's OK. But this is a SH romance post. I wouldn't imagine going to the Halsin post and start defending SH while completely ignoring the points made & the original discussion.

Going back to topic.

I don't think they should change the personalities/preferences of any companion. I do think they should had added foreshadow of it throughout the game. And as I said before, using the approval system in certain interactions would had been a great way to achieve this (IMO).

I think that player should know SH has more sexual experience than it looks like before the cheating/Mizora scene. Heck, maybe even in act 1 she could comment something when you find the orc-ogre scene (just a comment, I'd be too soon in the adventure for such a confection) and later on let player know that, despite her almost childish romance, she got lot of experience.

That way if you ended up in the twins drow scene later on, it would:

1 - Make sense when she says she only wants you for herself your first time together, but is ok with the idea of sharing you.

2 - If you ended up in the fivesome, at least I won't be too shocking.

They don't have to change the whole character, they have to make certain scenarios to make sense.

And of course, they should made something in the flirting system, and when you reject Halsin he should stopped trying to get in the way.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
I hate this notion that it should be "fixed" by making her more poly. That is not the fix that I want at all. The relationship with Seluneheart as it is presented in the game is HEAVILY implied that she wants something monogamous so if anything is changed there should be a conversation you can have with her about staying monogamous together that she happily agrees to or the shit with Halsin is just removed altogether.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Originally Posted by portionbeans
I hate this notion that it should be "fixed" by making her more poly. That is not the fix that I want at all. The relationship with Seluneheart as it is presented in the game is HEAVILY implied that she wants something monogamous so if anything is changed there should be a conversation you can have with her about staying monogamous together that she happily agrees to or the shit with Halsin is just removed altogether.

I'm not asking for her to be more poly. I'm talking of what is already in the game. If they don't gonna remove it, at least make it in a way that makes sense with the character. I'm not asking for extra poly content for her.

Page 11 of 57 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 56 57

Link Copied to Clipboard