Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 57 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 56 57
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Okay folks, I know he’s only a computer game character, but this is starting to sound really disturbing.

I would suggest that some posters probably should consider taking a bit of a break.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
N
addict
addict
N
Dark Urge moment.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Do you guys think Tav is SH's first long term relationship?

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Backinstyle
Doesnt she say it herself at some point? I remember her saying this(or something liek that) at some point.
And before that she was sharran and it was pretty much prohibitted, no? Plus constant memory wiping.

Last edited by Netav; 07/10/23 12:48 PM.
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
For sure, considering Shar worship forbids such relationships.
I think the only other candidate for a long term relationship she could have had was Nocturne but their relationship seemed platonic to me.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
I can't remember, I might have missed that. It seems likely given how shars teachings reject love and encourage casual sex only. Plus, I don't recall anything to suggest she had any secret lover. I could be wrong though.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Netav
Dark Urge moment.

hahaha

Hopefully we can resist the urges here, even if not in game grin

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
It seems odd to me that, given it's her first loving long term relationship, that she would want to make it an open relationship so soon (or at all). Like the day after they consumate their relationship, she's like down to have an orgy. That doesn't seem healthy at all lol

N
addict
addict
N
It seems odd to me that, given it's her first loving long term relationship, that she would want to make it an open relationship so soon (or at all). Like the day after they consumate their relationship, she's like down to have an orgy. That doesn't seem healthy at all lol
Thats again about character's behaviour that seems out of her character. But to me its acceptable, because it is fully on you("If YOU are comfortable with sharing...so am I").

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Yeah that's fair. I still think her disapproval with rejecting Halsin is odd. You'd think she would care more about your comfort and consent.

Turning into an open relationship so soon seems super unrealistic to me too. Though I suppose thise game has a lot of unrealistic stuff in it.

Last edited by Backinstyle; 07/10/23 01:06 PM. Reason: Wording
N
addict
addict
N
Yeah that's fair. I still think her disapproval with rejecting Halsin is odd. You'd think she would care more about your comfort and consent.

Jumping into an open relationship so soon seems super unrealistic to me too. Though I suppose thise game has a lot of unrealistic stuff in it.
She wont disapprove or say anything if you change your mind about drow-twin encounter even if you say it last moment in their room, so she does care.
So yes, its just Halsin thing.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
He really seems to get a lot of special treatment.

It's sad the way SH reacts if you cheat on her with Mizora. Like she's so insecure and has basically nobody to turn to (especially if you kill her parents) so she just accepts it so she doesn't lose you.

The drow twins, Halsin, Mizora all if these things she's just willing to do/accept, if you are. It kind of feels like she has no boundaries of her own. She doesn't want to lose you and is so insecure, so she'll do anything. And in a way, if you go through with these things it feels like the relationship becomes toxic, in my opinion.

N
addict
addict
N

It's sad the way SH reacts if you cheat on her with Mizora. Like she's so insecure and has basically nobody to turn to (especially if you kill her parents) so she just accepts it so she doesn't lose you.

The drow twins, Halsin, Mizora all if these things she's just willing to do/accept, if you are. It kind of feels like she has no boundaries of her own. She doesn't want to lose you and is so insecure, so she'll do anything. And in a way, if you go through with these things it feels like the relationship becomes toxic, in my opinion.
Well she is insecure about it, even in her ending scene. She wants to stay with you obviously(I prefer
parents dead
version) and relieves when you say im with you. You can even chose mean options and she will still say something along: I ll be easy to find in case you change your mind. As I said before her romance is very sweet and 1 of my favorite(or the most) overall in all the games that I played. We just need Halsin thing to be resolved and it will be literally perfect, at least for me.

Last edited by Netav; 07/10/23 01:24 PM.
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
I can't believe thats all she says if you reject her at the end and are mean to her. Like after everything you two have been through that's all? Lol that's so weird. Is she even upset about it?

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P

Well you are free to roleplay a character that takes advantage of her insecurity, there's no rule against making morally questionable decisions (that would really spoil a lof of the freedom and choices in the game). Or you can make up whatever head cannon you want around your relationship and the choices you make and how it fits both your Tav and Shadowheart. And if you want to roleplay a character that feels that this is not a situation you want to put her in, then obviously don't do that. I personally feel that the last approach makes much more sense if my character truly cares abouth her and her well being, but everyone doesn't have to feel the way I do about it.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Jennifer did such an excellent job as VA for Shadowheart in moments where she is genuinely disappointed, sad and insecure that I do not buy that she is meant to portray any of those things during the Halsin/Twins/Mizora scenes. The only thing she sounds remotely annoyed about during the Mizora thing is you not asking first, the others she positively encourages.

So no, I still think they're all just completely out of character. However, Halsin is perfect Orin bait if he's alive until he gets more act 3 story (which might never happen), drows can just be ignored like any other NPC in act 3 and Mizora.. well you brought it on yourself, you act out of character, she acts out of character.

Last edited by Michieltjuhh; 07/10/23 01:34 PM.
N
addict
addict
N
I can't believe thats all she says if you reject her at the end and are mean to her. Like after everything you two have been through that's all? Lol that's so weird. Is she even upset about it?
Obviously she is. But you cant just get rid of her I guess, at the meanest option possible she will just say as I wrote earlier that "In case you change your mind - I will be easy to find for you". She says that what she wants is your character though, if you chose normal lines. She says something like "Yes, I can recognize what I need when it stand right in front of me" as response to "You will find what you need, I'm sure of it".
Originally Posted by Michieltjuhh
Jennifer did such an excellent job as VA for Shadowheart in moments where she is genuinely disappointed, sad and insecure that I do not buy that she is meant to portray any of those things during the Halsin/Twins/Mizora scenes. The only thing she sounds remotely annoyed about during the Mizora thing is you not asking first, the others she positively encourages.

So no, I still think they're all just completely out of character. However, Halsin is perfect Orin bait if he's alive until he gets more act 3 story (which might never happen), drows can just be ignored like any other NPC in act 3 and Mizora.. well you brought it on yourself, you act out of character, she acts out of character.
Idk to me she still sound upset and there is more of acceptance thing, that she has to accept this if she wants to be with your Tav. Which again works fine and believable with her general "insecurity".

Last edited by Netav; 07/10/23 01:51 PM.
I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Originally Posted by Michieltjuhh

Yeah i agree, even though i still think her being ok with Tav cheating and wanting foursome with twins is out of character, that still can be explained, she was brainwashed, memory wiped all her life, she didn't experienced healthy long term relationship (only casual sex). Also as you said you brought it on yourself by cheating. So i don't mind that.

I hope they fix predatory Halsin interactions.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
" Im case you change your mind, I will be easy to find for you" is definitely letting Tav off light after being mean to her and all the times you told her how much you want her. I figured she would be more sassy. It's not like she doesn't have that in her.

If you pick a mean option, she should have called Tav out for stringing her along the whole time, in my opinion.

But yeah the good ending with her is so precious. The whole romance is epic, I can't think of any other topping it currently.

N
addict
addict
N
" Im case you change your mind, I will be easy to find for you" is definitely letting Tav off light after being mean to her and all the times you told her how much you want her. I figured she would be more sassy. It's not like she doesn't have that in her.

If you pick a mean option, she should have called Tav out for stringing her along the whole time, in my opinion.

But yeah the good ending with her is so precious. The whole romance is epic, I can't think of any other topping it currently.
This reaction also can be explained that she doesn't want to "pressure" Tav(Given her insecurity and thoughts that she doesnt deserve your Tav makes sense) and just hopes that Tav will come back. I wouldn't chose it anyway.

Page 20 of 57 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 56 57

Link Copied to Clipboard