Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 57 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 56 57
S
stranger
stranger
S
Again i say if youre into it just leave him out of it till its fixed. Let him rot in camp.When i say this people says ignorint it wont change it.

apprentice
apprentice
it is like saying when I close my eyes the whole world gets dark.

S
stranger
stranger
S
It is if it s not intended for you. Its for Halsin and SH enjoyers. A parallel universe.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Shellybon
Again i say if youre into it just leave him out of it till its fixed. Let him rot in camp.When i say this people says ignorint it wont change it.
Oh the things I've done with him would make Dark Urge blush. Im very jealous person I admit.
Most of us who care about this already made some workarounds. Doesnt change the fact that thing should be changed and you would expect this from Larian with their attention to even smallest things.
Originally Posted by Shellybon
It is if it s not intended for you. Its for Halsin and SH enjoyers. A parallel universe.
Im fine with this but it shouldnt hinder other players and their preferences.

Last edited by Netav; 09/10/23 10:08 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Appearently they dont care , too busy with a certain drow?

apprentice
apprentice
Indeed. I am just asking for some reactivity in my universe. Because currently Halsin and SH enjoyers are getting more. For example, If I rejected Halsin poly offer, why should he hit on SH with "if you and your love ever wish to enjoy". Has 0 sense.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Its more like look she/he refused me but im stil here stuff. Good thing if you ignore his advances SH wont say anything. Its up to us to allow him or not.

apprentice
apprentice
With all respect, I don't get your reasoning. Several if statements in 2 dialog and 2 banters can easily make happy poly and mono relationship fans.

To those who want to see changes https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3#modal

apprentice
apprentice
But approval gets down. It is not a lot but is killing immersion

N
addict
addict
N

Last edited by Netav; 09/10/23 01:44 PM.
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
The excuses from some of the comments... like my favorite "He's a wood elf" as if that explains away his creepiness and lack of respect lol

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
I'm surprised he has fans tbh.
I'll just say some people's tastes are questionable.
Anyways this is just another blight on this supposedly great game.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
There are some lovely Halsin fans who want the same things as we do. They want the stories and characters to be treated responsibly and respectfully.

Then there are the posts asking for the option to screw Halsin in bear form, while the player is an owlbear. And those who ask for rape to be included because "rape has been common throughout history and beastiality hasn't."

Like I get that this is a game but some people take things way too far, in my opinion. Some people don't seem to grasp that video games and movies affect people in real life.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Okay, let’s not start dissing other people or having one sided arguments with folk who aren’t here. Everyone is welcome to share their own preferences and takes, without having their morals or tastes questioned. Perhaps we can stick to making the positive case for our own perspectives rather than taking digs at others?

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Originally Posted by Michieltjuhh
Yet completely fitting.

Throughout the game it's been hinted at that relationships and anything casual is actually looked down upon by Shar because it means you're not doing her bidding. They needed to find excuses or do it secretly. The only time this narrative is flipped upside down is when you cheat on Mizora, where the writing is inconsistent with the rest of the dialogue in the game.

This is why she doesn't do jack in act 1 and act 2. She knows Shar wouldn't approve. But she herself wants it, that's why she's conflicted between choosing you and Shar, and unhappy when you do anything with another companion.

Then you get the Nightsong choice. In act 3, you have Sharran or Selunite Shadowheart.

Both want you for themselves, so neither should want to share you whatsoever; not with Halsin, not with the drows and not with Mizora. The only difference is that the Sharran version needs to find an excuse to get down with you because she doesn't want to piss off Shar (hence she calls it an exception), whereas the Selunite version will devote her everything to you (move in together, start a family) because that's what she personally wanted all along and now Shar's not there to stop her.

The only thing that strays from his own writing here is Halsin, the drows and Mizora. Three completely avoidable and short dialogues.

I just wanna bring this back as an appreciation post. I really feel like this hit the nail on the head when it comes to SH and her complete 180 regarding Halsin, drow, etc. This one post brought so much clarity to the situation I feel. So kudos to Michieltjuhh for posting it smile

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
I just want the ability to talk to her about being in an exclusive relationship together.
Why is it that you can bring up the idea of polyamory but not monogamy? I hate that.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Originally Posted by Bigli
I just want the ability to talk to her about being in an exclusive relationship together.
Why is it that you can bring up the idea of polyamory but not monogamy? I hate that.

People have suggested its because monogamy is the default and that includes SH. While I do agree she is default monogamous, clearly things get weird when you have Halsin around. One should have to go out of their way to make her into polyamory/casual sex, with clear communication.

So yeah being able to clearly define your relationship should be added, so it eliminates any confusion.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Oh someone just posted about adding Zevlor as a companion instead of Halsin. I love that idea! It makes so much more sense tbh.

https://discord.com/channels/98922182746329088/1161088774713921666

N
addict
addict
N
Zevlor would've been cool for good playthrough paladin.
Same as Kagha for evil druid. Doubt we will get them anyway and Halsin obviously is not going anywhere, all we can hope for is a "compromise".

apprentice
apprentice
It is not about Halsin, Zavlor or any other companion. Is is more about certain companion archetype game is missing -- a friend. Pure friendship without any sexual context. An example from Dragon Age universe Varric. There is lore behind why he can't be romanceable. You can say that bg3 has Jaheira and Minsc, but they are added to the party too late but are more on their own.

Last edited by sezz; 10/10/23 08:46 AM.
Page 26 of 57 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 56 57

Link Copied to Clipboard