Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 57 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 56 57
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by sezz
I guess I fount cut dialog you were mentioning, still in game yet not triggered:

Lae'zel: You've quite the appetite, Halsin. I'd wager you've bedded more of your foes than you've felled.
Halsin: Hmm. A challenging sum. The chimera has three heads... but does it still count as one?
Lae'zel: Must have been a challenging kill.
Halsin: Kill... yes.
Jesus Christ...
But who am I to judge after all

Halsin was clearly "inspired" by Hiravias - a perverted very sexually active companion from the first Pillars of Eternity.

Example of his banter:

Hiravias: "...before I knew it, the stelgaer was on top of me and I was face down in the dirt."
Sagani: "Arrow to the throat. That stops them."
Hiravias: "What? No. I was spiritshifted. And she was in heat. So I aimed for the throat but not with an arrow..."

I guess I fount cut dialog you were mentioning, still in game yet not triggered:

Lae'zel: You've quite the appetite, Halsin. I'd wager you've bedded more of your foes than you've felled.
Halsin: Hmm. A challenging sum. The chimera has three heads... but does it still count as one?
Oh gods, that's... I don't know, I have no good words, it's disgusting. Halsin, why? T_T The situation is worse than I thought.

Originally Posted by Amirit
Halsin was clearly "inspired" by Hiravias - a perverted very sexually active companion from the first Pillars of Eternity.

Example of his banter:

Hiravias: "...before I knew it, the stelgaer was on top of me and I was face down in the dirt."
Sagani: "Arrow to the throat. That stops them."
Hiravias: "What? No. I was spiritshifted. And she was in heat. So I aimed for the throat but not with an arrow..."
Oh, I remember this dialogue. A weird guy, but he's not bad (well, I played some portion of the game but he seemed ok to me).

No, he is not bad. And neither is Halsin. I only mean similarities.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Rotsen
I haven't been in this thread in a while and I have to say, my dudes I see a lot of cope going on, on both sides. You can rationalize all you want as to what makes or doesn't make sense but the answer is simple. To be blunt the issue is poor writing (whether you want to accept that or you enjoy parts of it) and the writers decision to season his stories with his own sexual interests.

And before someone decides to jump down my throat about attacking the writer or dismissing other peoples feelings, I don't care about your sexual interests and I don't not think less of you because of them. My point isn't to insult but to point out a certain thing. (observation)

He has written three companions (DOS2 and BG3) and in all three companions you can find aspects of cucking. (An apology to the Red Queen, I know you dislike the word but in this case it applies. Unless you can give me another name for it.)
I would say he felt rather bold when he was writing Halsin since he also decided to add bestiality, a disgusting fetish that I might add Larian decided to market their game with. (No its not one 'funny scene', Halsin has in game/cut dialogue implying he has sexual relations with animals and the whole drow scene leans heavily into it also. As for those that would defend it by saying he is a druid, would you hold the same position if he were to turn into a child? And the consent thing, lol? Scooby-doo can also consent, at the end of the day you are still having sex with an animal.)

So with that said, no its not a bug, not its not an oversight. Its intended and you are not the audience for his characters. (Maybe these things will change if the backlash is loud enough but the same could've been said for Red Prince and he stayed the same)

As for the whole Mizora scene, yes the poor writing shines the most here since she contradicts everything she has said up to that point. And if you decide to sleep with someone else after the said scene she will go back to her base way of thinking and breaking up with the MC. (Unless its Halsin ofc)

And it was/is used to justify polyamory and the sudden change in character seeing how even the militant poly people of reddit are using that scene as a justification for her being poly. (A lot of people don't care about writing or it making sense but are mainly focusing on their own wish fulfillment with addition of projecting their own lives onto it, that's why you will find poly posters being offended as if you were attacking them.)

If multiple versions of a character are supposed to exist and just closing your eyes/ignoring it is enough then I ask for a scene where Wyll is okay with the MC slaughtering refugees in ACT3 and saying he never cared and enjoys mindless killing. Consistency be damned.

I will say this as a closing part of my post. I don't want to play a side NPC in a RPG whether that comes to the main story or romances. (So I don't want to go through a full campaign where my MC is the main hero only to be swept under the rug in the last 5min because a new NPC showed up and killed the bad guy without my input and I don't want to go through a whole romance where the character decided to cheat and the very end.)

ps. Queen you don't have to worry I probably won't be coming back to this thread any time soon.

I'll never understand people who so vehemently defend this character's behavior in act 3. Do they not want him to be an actual character? To have more personality than "I fuck"? Truly baffling that they're so okay with him beingna sexpest and literally nothing else to him.

And that's another character for comparison, thank you! We were looking similarities with Dragon Age characters in Halsin's topic since several of us played this series of games. Hiravias is a nice example too.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
You know, I found that the people who would defend Shadowheart and Halsin's behavior to the death are people with a certain fetish, people who let horniness cloud all forms of logic, or the people who think that "straight men should have a taste of their own medicine" (don't ask me how people came to that conclusion).

Originally Posted by Noelle666
And that's another character for comparison, thank you! We were looking similarities with Dragon Age characters in Halsin's topic since several of us played this series of games. Hiravias is a nice example too.

I've never felt that DA characters or any Bioware characters (played all BW games) were too horny. BG3 is closer to representing the current-day sexual revolution, I would say. I do not know what a very modern approach to romances from BW would look like. Yes, there was Iron Bull - an already not topical romance for BW. Still, BW was doing romances since forever, they have a certain style, and tons of feedback over the years to know what people want. And those of us appreciating such things got used to this style.

Obsidian (Pillars of Eternity), on the contrary, was actively avoiding romances wherever possible. Larian also began adding them not that long ago (from DOS2, I believe?). Hence, their approach is both very different, very modern in the most possible sexually free (I's say anarchic even) style, and kind of untested. So, the characters are also quite different.

I mean, it is hard to compare them to classy BW work. A couple more decades and Larian will get it too.

N
addict
addict
N
I think its still only Halsin issue being too horny

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Originally Posted by Ehhhh123
You know, I found that the people who would defend Shadowheart and Halsin's behavior to the death are people with a certain fetish, people who let horniness cloud all forms of logic, or the people who think that "straight men should have a taste of their own medicine" (don't ask me how people came to that conclusion).

That alone is messed up (and vindictive) as it is, but add on the fact that this affects lesbians too (which deal with unwanted advances from men often) that whole point of view is so toxic.

I've also recently had arguments with ppl about the importance of consent and boundaries, in which their replies were basically "Its a video game" "who cares" and "people can change their minds" etc.

I was also recently called a "bearphobe" despite never mentioning anything about the bear scene or bears at all. So I guess we're just making up words now lol

Last edited by Backinstyle; 13/10/23 07:39 PM.
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Backinstyle

That alone is messed up (and vindictive) as it is, but add on the fact that this affects lesbians too (which deal with unwanted advances from men often) that whole point of view is so toxic.

I've also recently had arguments with ppl about the importance of consent and boundaries, in which their replies were basically "Its a video game" "who cares" and "people can change their minds" etc.

I was also recently called a "bearphobe" despite never mentioning anything about the bear scene or bears at all. So I guess we're just making up words now lol

They'd even call you insecure and controlling for not being happy with it too.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Oh I know, it's very disturbing. And they'd even call you selfish and childish too, which is ironic lol It's no wonder Halsin turned out the way he did

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Backinstyle

Jesus... a "bearphobe". Bestiality fans are getting crazy these days.

Last edited by sezz; 13/10/23 09:56 PM.
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
LOL tell me about it. I don't usually end up having to block ppl, but that one was a little too wild hahaa

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Lol, that's just nuts.

But I got called a homophobe the other day by saying that people should not have their value judged by their sexuality, but their interests, personality and how they treat others, as well that people who are poly shouldn't automatically be considered hypersexual.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I really need folk in this thread to stop taking digs at folk who don’t share their particular reading of Halsin’s character or want different things than they do from the game. It doesn’t matter whether those views are expressed here or elsewhere, as these are public, open forums that anyone can read.

And please engage in good faith with arguments posted here, rather than importing one side of arguments elsewhere to these forums.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Well that doesn't sound homophobic at all and I'd like to think I know what I'm talking about, considering I'm gay lol So don't worry smile

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Another thing I find a little off-putting in act 3, is how after the house of grief, SH is just back to normal (except for that one scene by selune statue). She acts exactly how she did before this life altering choice and it's a little strange tbh.

Like obviously she's not going to let it get in the way of dealing with the Absolute and whatnot, but it would ne nice for Tav to be able to offer her more comfort at camp. Hugging her would obviously be wonderful, but like even some more words of comfort and sympathy, especially if you're romancing her.

I haven't done the save the parents route though, so maybe this is different for it?

A
A
The swan dialogue...I kinda wished I could have convinced them to go for the 3way. Karlach has quite an appetite and it might be easier to satisfy with 2 people. Also, she has a limited life expectancy. ...but there's the other point. Shadowheart might not be willing to share at that point because/she/ doesn't take you to bed herself yet. Lae'zel beds you act 1, Karlach act 2, but Shadowheart herself is super patient and waits for act 3. Since the other two bed you first, she won't keep you unless you choose her alone. It might be nice if you could invite Karlach for a 3some act 3 though. Particularly if Karlach banged you in act 2.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Hypothetically, if SH was willing to share, I could see her not accepting anything less than primary partner and wanting to bed you first. Then poor touch starved Karlach would have to wait even longer, and Lae'zel would likely be pissed off at SH again lol

As much as I want more female poly/group options (for equality and roleplay potential), I'm not sure SH would be compatible with them tbh. She'd be way too slow for them lol

Page 32 of 57 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 56 57

Link Copied to Clipboard