Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
stranger
stranger
R
I also didn't trigger the new epilogue, not sure why but I'm just re-installing completely now. Just takes a few hours XD

veteran
veteran
Which are the conditions with new icons?

Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
To ensure properly triggering the epilogue we recommend loading a save
before climbing the brain stem.

(Other saves at later points in the battle could work! But the safest would be at that point)

Regarding the questions about Minthara's issue where she breaks up with the player character, the team is aware of this issue and investigating.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Salo
Regarding the questions about Minthara's issue where she breaks up with the player character, the team is aware of this issue and investigating.

Is the team aware of the shield bash bug too?

stranger
stranger
To ensure properly triggering the epilogue we recommend loading a save
before climbing the brain stem.

(Other saves at later points in the battle could work! But the safest would be at that point)

Just to let you know: I had save in the middle of the fight, right before
opening the portal to the brain
. It worked for me from that one.
I did have bug in the epilogue though, where my Drow was recognized as Githyanki by Wyll, so the initial dialogue was referring to
my fight against the Qeen.
. Or maybe that's a hint for expansion? wink

Yes, please focus on Minthara because I'm afraid talking with her not to trigger this. XD

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
Originally Posted by Ikke

Is the team aware of the shield bash bug too?

I am kind of sad this was not fixed with this patch. Equally sad is with the various other offerings why do we still not have the choice of a God for Paladins or the option to move to a D20 for initiative? They did say they where adding options to be more like table top.

Halsin. Poor Halsin is still silent after five patches. His point-n-click lines still don't work. What a bummer. frown

M
M
Originally Posted by druidofthestars
Originally Posted by MalacPok
Many of my old save files from different previous runs are no longer working. Crash on loading them. Is it just me or anyone else having the same problem?
My friends who use mods on PC were having this problem until they updated Script Extender and ExtendedUI, now all their saves load like normal.

I'm on PS5, so it is clearly not mod related. The crash happens at the very end of the load process, so it may not be a file corruption issue.

This Patch is performing very well so far.

Additionally, epilogues, more reactions, a harder difficulty and more??? I don't think I can complain.

Just goes to show Larian has been listening and, if you didn't get what you want with this Patch, they're likely still working on it.

Love you, Larian! Thank you so much!

#JusticeForAstarion
stranger
stranger
Oh man, this patch. The epilogue is everything the ending was missing. My heart is full now. Thank you so much - for giving hope to the characters left in bad situations, for an ample distribution of hugs, for one last game of fetch with Scratch, and most of all, continuing to pour love into this project well past its launch date. Love you guys - you're phenomenal.

O
stranger
stranger
O
It looks like the new patch broke wyll for me. PS5 user in Act 1 here. Ever since the new patch, Wyll doesn't have any voice outside the dialogues. So no dolor during eldritch blast, no party banter (only his part is unvoiced), no comments about the world. This sucks because I was looking forward to playing over the weekend but this is a dealbreaker for me, wish my game was unpatched frown

Edit: I found out the problem and the fix by rolling to an earlier save. Basically, the dialogues that trigger when you return from camp can cause this if the loading takes too long. So I retried and hoped that the loading time takes shorter, it works most of the time.

Last edited by oymete; 02/12/23 09:57 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Noelle666
Halsin. Poor Halsin is still silent after five patches. His point-n-click lines still don't work. What a bummer. frown
I sent in a bug report for this a while back, and they replied that they are working on fixing it. So, it should hopefully be fixed in a future patch!

Hopefully they add and fix a lot for Halsin in future patches!!!

addict
addict
The epilogue party was amazing, thank you so much for this patch!

Since you're working on fixing kisses, can you also take a look at Act 1 Astarion first kiss during the sex scene? I played as a female drow with feminine body and their lips are very much not aligned.
Can ascended Astarion also get a kiss during the Reunion? Everyone else seems to have hugs or kisses but not him.
There is also the question of the point of no return kiss being the old chaste peck.

Another thing, can female characters attend the party wearing a robe or simply something more feminine? I love the current outfit on male charas but not on women.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I am looking forward to trying all the new changes! I do have an FYI which likely won't be helpful for everyone. None of my save game files would load after patch 5. After updating to latest display driver, all saves were working again. I suppose it is expected at this point to keep the your drivers updated but mine were barely a month old. I am just glad they work again smile

D
stranger
stranger
D
I finished game and I have to start adventure again to see party?

stranger
stranger
Not whole game. Just the latest bit you have.

stranger
stranger
Since updating to Patch 5 on my PC, the artwork for the loading screens is low-resolution, very pixelated. Anyone else having this issue?

A
old hand
Online Content
old hand
A
I am not sure if this bug is so niche that it deserves the title, but for everyone's entertainment: After being freed of the Netherese Orb by Mystra, Gale's blood is still poisonous.

Did my Origin-Astarion take a nibble of his husband? Yes? Did Withers provide any blood? No. So a slight peckishness maybe justifies such meassures?

It would be really cute though, if Origin-Astarion could actually ask his romantic partner for a little sip. After all Withers did really forget the blood.

Last edited by Anska; 01/12/23 09:17 PM.
A
old hand
Online Content
old hand
A
On a more serious note: I think something isn't quite working with Astarion's romanced epilogue.

While choosing to move to the Underdark with him, is acknowledged by the initial narration of the epilogue scene, the three other outcomes in which you stay a couple all assume that you lead an adventuring life, even when you chose to settle down. Later on, when talking to Minsc, you can tell him that you and Astarion are looking for a way to cure him, no matter which choice for the future the two of you have made. Tara (I am playing Gale-Origin) and Elmister also both assume that you are adventuring, no matter which choice you previously made. When talking to Astarion himself, his dialogue is considerably shorter than that of other companions and it lacks any specific references to things the two of you did together in the past six month. It's basically only the hello and the goodbye portion of a dialogue.

Especially when comparing his romance epilogue to that of other companions, it feels like the choices made during the romance scene right after the finale aren't properly tracked.

Edit: To not come across as completely negative: I love the epilogues. The whole party is beautifully done and I love how many dialogue options acknowledge the character I have picked. I know that Origins are far less popular than Tavs and Durges, so it always warms my heart when they considered. =)

Last edited by Anska; 02/12/23 12:16 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by laezbian
Since updating to Patch 5 on my PC, the artwork for the loading screens is low-resolution, very pixelated. Anyone else having this issue?
Yes! I thought something looked off but wasn't sure if I was imagining it. The loading screen art is definitely much lower resolution (the rest of my game is perfectly crisp.)

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard