Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
V
stranger
stranger
V
I created a forum account specifically to add my voice here, as I have had the same issue with saves disappearing. This is not a matter of a few broken quest flags; saving is a core feature of functional SOFTWARE, let alone a GAME. I'm sorry Larian team, but it's your responsibility to find and address the "weird edge cases" , as one of your devs put it, that affect basic functionality. Refund requested and hopefully soon to be approved.

J
stranger
stranger
J
I agree. I sadly decided to restart despite losing 45 hours of progress. I have since discovered I cannot start a new game because the game crashes instantly.

Look, I understand it’s the holidays and they are taking time off. And I get it’s not the biggest studio. But this is a priority. People spent a lot of time and money on this, and now it’s gone, and for many can’t even be played. This was my one week off of the year and I was so excited to play this game.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I wanted to point out that after the save issue I was able to keep my save intact when not syncing but now my game is completely busted, I implore you Larian Studios to please make this a bigger known issue and push xbox to fix this issue more than you already have. Microsoft In my opinon, and this is my opinion seem to be fine with broken products or features lately it's almost like Bethesda owns them instead of the other way around. So someone suggested to me that uninstalling the game and reinstalling should fix it so I'm trying it but I'm nearly into act 3 and if this doesn't work I will be unable to progress until this issue is fixed like many others. I love this game and the atmosphere it has, the charm and the appeal. It feels rewarding to play it. I understand that people are frustrated but it's the holidays and you guys have been working on this game for 6+ years and it was a breakout hit for gaming. I just want to know that there is actually a estimate for when this should be fixed and I was hoping if it's not soon if taking it down from the MS store until the glitch is fixed is something that is discussed. I understand it will end up being a loss in income on the xbox version but if this game breaking bug affects people it'll leave a distaste in everyone's mouth if it isn't taken care of or even addressed there is very little to no media coverage of the issue.

~ Sincerely Liquidmott.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Due to the problem with saves disappearing, I enabled cross-saves as recommended by larian support. My saves were synchronized with the network, this was confirmed when saving and on the save loading screen the corresponding icons were visible for the last five saves.
Today I lost all my saves again and ended up at the initial game startup screen. The problem is that saves from the network are not loaded into the game. I tried turning off the Internet, connecting again, rebooting and changing the account on the xbox and enabling cross-saving again on both the old account and the new one. I also created a new character, and tried to load the save on the creation screen, but it was empty.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Update, uninstalling and reinstalling the game did not work, deleting local saved data did not work, being on the current versions haven't work hard restarting my console did not work. game is busted and dead in the water. it kicks me out to the home screen after the nvidia gameworks screen. Larian when you get back from holidays there needs to be a twitter post regarding this issue as the last one was supposed to be announcing that it has been fixed.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I'm next person who lost 40h Save... Not going back until it's repair.
Also - you should add option "start with 8 level" So people who lost data may speedrun to pointa where they ended.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Hey,
I started my Xbox this morning and I saw that I had just one backup file left... This afternoon, I had just nothing left..! 50 hours vanished.

I tried absolutely everything, but nothing worked. For the moment, I can't start again because I'm afraid I could loose everyhting another time, and I really wish to get back MY own game.

Thanks for your help !

old hand
old hand
Ugh I don’t even play on Xbox but this is, like, REALLY egregious. They shouldn’t have released it if it wasn’t ready.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Hi all! Unfortunately I also encountered loss of saves. Can anyone guess if these saves are gone forever, or if future patches will allow them to be restored? My console shows that the save size is only 4 kilobytes, and it makes me incredibly sad that I will not be able to continue my playthrough story and will be forced to start another playthrough or reconstruct the details of the original playthrough in tens of hours frown

L
stranger
stranger
L
I would assume your save file is no longer on the cloud, but I can’t say for certain I was lucky enough not to lose my save file but I can’t boot up the game at all so I can’t play the one game I want to until the issue has been fixed.

O
stranger
stranger
O
I also lost a save file. In my case it was just 8 hours, but very frustrating. I have been waiting for a fix since then. Two weeks now. So annoying since I bought the game on launch day and I was hooked on it.

old hand
old hand
Last time there was a massive gamebreaking problem, they took about a month to fix it. I took a break from the game for that month. They’ll get to it after the holidays I’m sure.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Hi, i lost 150 hours save and another 50 hours save

Have a good day

T
stranger
stranger
T
AS OF 30/12/2023, XBOX SAVES ARE STILL BUST (YES, I AM SHOUTING).

Will not waste any more time on this game until the save game has been fixed.

FIX IT!

M
stranger
stranger
M
After playing around 30 hours on Series S, last night when I started the game It wouldn't open. The logos were taking a long time to load, and after 1 hour waiting, when I got to the starting screen It was as If I was opening the game for the First time (everything keeps taking so long to load, even to click on something... and the only option is starting a New game).
I tried to start the game with another profile and It worked Just Fine, so the problem has to do with my profile data, but when I try to delete the data (just locally or also with the cloud save) it won't work, it just stays there.

Sad, but wishing everyone a happy New year.

J
stranger
stranger
J
I’m only 16 hours in and haven’t lost any saves (yet). But I got to a point where the game wouldn’t start and the Larian logo in the beginning moved extremely slow. We talking maybe one frame every 20 seconds.
I had to do a restart of the Xbox and the the game would start but it told me to make a choice between a local save or Microsoft cloud save.
The local save was from right when I started the game just now and the cloud save was from when I exited the game last time.
It worked but I had to restart the console every time I wanted to play. Otherwise the game would start. So I decided to wait for a patch.
Also this bug effects some of my other games and the console itself. MSFS 2020 froze at the title screen and when I did a restart the console froze at the Xbox logo.
Had to do a hart reset and pull the plug to make it working again. Very scary if the console is affected.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Just chiming in to keep this visible. I killed Orin last night, so I was getting pretty close to the end of the campaign. Logged in this morning to find my entire campaign is gone. It's not just a few lost saves or a few hours of progress, it's the whole campaign and all associated saves just gone as if I'd just installed the game.

Here's hoping I get it back eventually.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Hello all, sharing this information here as well:

We’re aware that there is a save issue on Xbox that continues to linger throughout the holidays. It occurs when exiting the game after saving. The game thinks the save was successful but due to a firmware issue, the save file is not fully committed to disk yet.

Microsoft is aware of the issue and is working on it but obviously during the holidays everyone is working at lower capacity so it may take a while before a proper fix becomes available.

For the time being we can offer a work-around via the Larian cross-save system.

1. Create a Larian account at https://larian.com/account.
2. Go to the options menu from the main menu. Under gameplay, activate cross-saves, linking your Larian and Xbox accounts.
3. From now on, your last 5 saves will automatically be uploaded to the larian servers. It is important that you do not exit the game before the upload is finished. The upload is finished when the message “Syncing cloud save” is no longer visible.
4. If the firmware bug occurs, you will need to re-activate the cross-save functionality in the options screen. This will give you access to the save games that were successfully uploaded.

We will make this process more fluid and extend the number of save games that get uploaded in the coming days.

We completely understand that losing progress is frustrating, and unacceptable. We’re doing everything we can to ensure this problem - which we understand is unique - is resolved as quickly as possible, and we’ll keep you up to date with progress.

O
stranger
stranger
O
Sorry to hear that. Did you have cross save enabled ?

X
stranger
stranger
X
Savings that were made without a larian account definitely cannot be returned? Or even after the fix, just start a new game?

Last edited by xirurg; 02/01/24 04:45 PM.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard