Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Pickle Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
About 25% into act 3, most save attempts failed with error 544. After another day, as of 11/17/23, I cannot save at all w/same error (auto-saves, quick saves, & manual saves all fail with error 544). I noticed something really weird with the unselectable/unloadable save files that are created; they all have a a crazy high “Play Time” amount listed (I probably have about 500 hours but it shows 1 million + hour.s!) next to “Version” it says “Deprecated Version”, and before yesterday’s patch “Difficulty” was blank, but as of today it now says “custom”. Im wondering if the strange data might lead to a root cause… All I have found when googling this issue is stuff related to patch 4, but this started happen way later, and after emailing Larian support multiple times after 11/17, I have YET to receive any support on this.

Here is everything I have tried to fix the problem, but the issue persists:

1. Uninstalled other games from the PS5 to free up storage (even though I still had 86mb of free space)
2. Deleted more than 75% of save files from BG3
3. In PS5 Safe Mode: Repaired Console Storage, Rebuilt Database, & Cleared System Software Cache
4. I have turned the network connection off and attempted to save, and turned in back on and attempted to save
5. Uninstalled the entire BG3 game from the PS5 and then reinstalled it 3 times
6. Enabled cross-save, then deleted all BG3 Save Files in Console storage, reopened the game and synced my saves, the turned cross-save off

I am able to create a new character and when I attempt to save a new game it is successful. I have really taken my time playing this incredible game as I am a bit of a completionist, so throwing 500 hours down the toilet and starting over is not the direction I want to go.

I really appreciate any help that can be provided. This game is absolutely amazing, and I recognize all the hard work Larian has put into BG3, which is why I’m so desperate to be able to continue playing! I’m a 42 year old mother of 2 boys, so I do not have a lot of time to play, & losing 500 hours of playtime will be a huge slap in the face. Since this is my first play through and I’m a first-time Balder’s Gate player, I don’t know what is going to happen and it’s killing me! Please…. PLEASE help me!

Thank you for your time!

- Pickle -

S
stranger
stranger
S
It’s very disheartening that there’s been no response with a fix since March. I am on my first play through and ran into this as well and can’t find any information and seems they have not fixed it. It’s completely broken and I cannot play with it sitting at 80%. I’m devastated!

A
stranger
stranger
A
Same issue for me… I had somebody message me that I guess does tech-support for Larian…. quite literally not only after I told them that my issue with the game was with PlayStation because that’s the console I’m playing it on…

they thought I was on an Xbox so they talked to me about Microsoft. It was a whole mess.. I don’t know how one can win game of the year and not fix or care to fix an issue, especially when that issue is so far widespread. It’s affecting every platform. I also talked to PlayStation tech-support did all of their fixes;

1. put my console into safe mode
2. turned off cross save, turned it off, turned it back on again,
3. cleared the cache…
4. I even checked to make sure that everything was up-to-date, which it was
5. And even cleared some space off of my console…

NOTHING WORKED.

So that tells me it’s an issue on either Sony’s end or Larian’s end

They need to fix this or they will lose money, plain and simple. It’s a solid game. Great story…. But these bugs quite literally make the game unplayable…. Maybe I’ll move to Spider-Man or something this is not it and for the holiday season too? I wish I had bought a hardcopy because then I would probably get my money back… if I could give it, 0 stars I would

A
A
Just happened to me. All saves 544.

J
stranger
stranger
J
I've also recently started to receive this error on both of my campaigns in progress. Sounds like Larian is aware, based on other threads I've seen.

Hopefully we get a hotfix sooner rather than later.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I have the same issue and none of the popular fixes work. This is a game-breaking bug and BG3 is now unplayable.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I just ran into the issue yesterday on my PS5. I'm about 90% or so through Act 3 and started receiving the 544 error. It does seem to save eventually but I'm concerned it may just stop all together and am nervous to continue. I hope a patch is incoming to finally resolve this issue.

Has Larian even indicated what the underlying issue may be? Is there anything we can do in the meantime in-game to help prevent it?

If Larian needs my save file to help debug the isue, I'd be more than willing to help. Thanks!

Last edited by SuperGood; 05/01/24 02:40 PM.
E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Same issue here, no reply from Larian.
Since early december only thing I got was that the next patch will make ut
Nothing happend.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Same issue for me. I opened a ticket with Larian and was told it’s a known issue that would be fixed in the next hot patch (16?). The respondent said he hopes I am enjoying playing the game which is ironic since I can’t play the game till this issue is resolved. I asked for an ETA on the next patch and he didn’t have an estimate. I’m going on week 3 now that I can’t play. I’m beyond disappointed since I love this game so much.

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Im unabal to play since december 18, ruined my feelings about this game, from the best experience evee turnes to the worst.
Last patch did not fix the issue.
I tried to ask for a refund and Sony do not recognize this as an issue from their side because the game did not crash.
So now I have full price game which is unplayable.
Im only abel to play, on weekends so this is a fucking nightmare.

Larian workes, if somebody see this please help me out. Im broken here.

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Larian please provide some information.
We are not abel to play...

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Day 1 of keeping this thread on top until Larian provides answers. (respectfully! bc this game is a masterpiece and butt hurt because I cant play it anymore)
Day 19 since unabel to play because I cant save("Error 544").

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Day 2 of keeping this thread on top until Larian provides answers. (respectfully! bc this game is a masterpiece and butt hurt because I cant play it anymore)
Day 20 since unabel to play because I cant save("Error 544").

G
stranger
stranger
G
Hi Larian Team and fellow gamers,

I’m reaching out because my husband and I have run into the error code 544 in Baldur’s Gate 3. We’re really into the game (140 hours and counting!) but now we’re stuck because we can’t save anymore. This started happening recently, and it’s quite frustrating, especially since saving frequently is crucial for my gameplay as a rogue thief.

We’ve tried all the recommended solutions but nothing seems to fix it. This issue has really put a damper on our weekends, which we usually spend unwinding with your game. Hoping you can address this bug soon so we can get back to our adventure.

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Day 3 of keeping this thread on top until Larian provides answers. (respectfully! bc this game is a masterpiece and butt hurt because I cant play it anymore)
Day 21 since unabel to play because I cant save("Error 544").

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Day 4 of keeping this thread on top until Larian provides answers. (respectfully! bc this game is a masterpiece and butt hurt because I cant play it anymore)
Day 22 since unabel to play because I cant save("Error 544").

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Hotfix 16 is out, Support told me this should fix the bug.
Nothing happend, still unabel to save the game, so it is still unplayabel.

A
stranger
stranger
A
As of today, this is still a game-breaking bug that hasn't been resolved. It seems that Larian has no interest in doing so. One of their representatives declared it "resolved" about a month ago in another thread. Yet when I loaded the game two days ago, I was able to save it. But the game crashes in about 10-15 minutes, and my PS5 notifies me of this error. The new "patch" did absolutely nothing, so I believe we're never getting a resolution. I don't particularly appreciate that I praised this game, praised Larian, and recommended it to others. The best solution is to ask for a refund for this broken mess. We're going to be waiting months, if not forever for a solution. If you google this particular issue, it seems to be a constant since September 2023. I have yet to find a post where someone (an actual player on the PS5) proclaims this as resolved or is working. This is being overlooked, swept under the rug, and overshadowed by all the praise and accolades that Larian is getting. It's incredibly disappointing and infuriating that this will never be fixed, but every patch is adding cosmetic or minor fixes. I can't finish the game. It makes me suspicious that the "solution" is going to be a less-than-desirable or an ugly one. "Just restart the game" or "Start from another save 10-100 hours before the corrupted save" are not viable solutions.

I am going to post this rant and express my anger, frustration, and disappointment on various social media platforms. I know I'm just screaming into the void, but nothing is being done.

Last edited by Arnim-Zola; 11/01/24 03:39 PM.
E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Day 5-6 of keeping this thread on top until Larian provides answers. (respectfully)
Day 23-24 since unabel to play because I cant save("Error 544").

I was unabel to you the forum yestarday 504 Gateway timeout every time...
Is Larian falling apart?

A few days and I will start the refund process,such a shame, not even 1 finished playtrough.

I do not know how this gamebreaking bug is so overlooked.

Last edited by Error544; 11/01/24 04:13 PM.
N
stranger
stranger
N
I have basically been reporting this bug daily, here is the form response I've gotten literally every single time (even though one of my reports directly asked for a timeframe for a fix in the title, it got the same response). Thankfully we have super-responsive bots, am I right?

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. We know this issue and our development team is already working to fix it!

We're constantly rolling out hotfixes and patches to improve your experience. While we work on it, be sure to follow us on social media, and check out either the Larian Forums, where we're constantly providing hotfix and patch notes: http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=82&page=1

Otherwise, the Steam Community is also a great place to talk to other players and find out when the latest hotfixes launch. You can find this here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1086940

Best Regards,
Kenya

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard