Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Omkara Offline OP
OP Offline
I purchased Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition, because I got bored with playing the Baldur's Gate 3 beta. I also bought it to get some idea on how the full game of BG3 might end up playing. While I'm pleasantly surprised with D:OS2 as a whole, I just can't get myself to play much further beyond Chapter 4. I keep restarting the game, because it doesn't live up to how I prefer playing a video game. I don't really like having to do multiple playthroughs with games like these, especially if there are multiple characters with unique storylines. I'd rather do them all in one go, since the game doesn't somehow drastically change when playing another character.

So I first managed to get my hands on a mod that allows 6 party-members. I then started to realize that even Tactician mode had become too easy, so I had to start again. This time I had added a mod that allows the enemies to either scale or get +1 or more levels, which made it more interesting. However, now I figured out that I had 6 team-members and there are 6 base classes, which are Huntsman, Necromancer, Polymorph, Scoundrel, Summoning and Warfare. The remaining 4 classes are just the elements, which are like icing (or firing, earthing, winding) on the cake. Also, because those 6 their skill books cannot be combined with each other, but can be combined with the 4 elements.

So I had to figure out a way that made sense, without characters overlapping each other in utility. I then decided to add another mod, which added more HP to enemies, because I thought it would still be too easy. But, now it had become boring. I've tried so many ways to enjoy myself with this game, that I've played the first three chapters way too many times that playing through them has become a chore. I've tried a couple of lone wolf instances as well, but this also became too easy. Well, I did use the cheat commander, but only to buy purple gear with hard earned, or stolen, money. I guess it's still cheating, but in my mind, I'm like, I paid for, it, I'm guessing those prices aren't crazy cheap, so to some degree I felt like, sure, this isn't cheating. I also did it, because items are so incredibly random in this game, that it just becomes annoying to constantly be confronted with gear that isn't exactly what you need.

Anyway, there must be more people like me that play games this retarded, right? I just ruined a perfectly good game for me, because of my need to have the perfect playthrough, which I guess, doesn't exist.

---

In conclusion though, the game is great and gives me very high hopes for Baldur's Gate 3. I'm also very much looking forward to a Divinity Engine 2 equivalent for Baldur's Gate 3, something I think I might end up sinking a lot of time in. If I can have one complaint about D:OS2 is that the area of effects are too prevailing. Pretty much each battle ends in a sea of flames. I also found myself wishing that not every enemy I met has the ability to cast magic. It made it all feel less... unique I guess. But, I do now understand the environmental damage system a lot better and that will certainly come in handy with BG3. I just hope I can push myself beyond the neurotic desire to play the game in a certain way and if not possible I keep restarting it with mods or something ridiculous.

M
stranger
stranger
M
1) dont use mods or cheats and play vanilla, that way if a game is too easy/hard you will know its not you who broke it, its just how things are
2) deal with the fact that you wont experience everything in one go and choose companions which you like more or dislike less or play solo, you play tons of games which lock you from second path if you chose first like witcher2 and you lose content of second path

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard