Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tinoo Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
what the title says. can we get some REAL multiplayer, please? i want the companions of player 2 to interject in dialogues that player 1 is having. instead they're basically considered two different parties, you're literally playing single player but with just one companion slot and sharing the world of another single player game.
also, give us the option to play as someone's npcs mid-session without having to pick origins, since if you do that then leave the game, the origin character is stuck in "this is a player 2's character" mode and player 1 can't interact with it or romance it as normal.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Playing 2P co-op with my wife, and she has both companions in her party for maximum interactions, and I'm glad it's my second time through because it's a real lonely adventure for my Tav. Brushed off when trying to talk to them, don't show up in the background of their convos and they don't show up in mine. Just a real weird experience, and I hope it eventually gets fleshed out more.

journeyman
Online Content
journeyman
It's essentially coop ala Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance. It's also not too dissimilar to how BG1 and 2 did coop multiplayer.

Tinoo Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
sure but in this case we're talking about larian who already has experience with making worthwhile multiplayer experiences in the literal same engine.

Link Copied to Clipboard