Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I really like the alchemy crafting mechanic in Baldur's Gate 3 for turning your collection of herbs into potions. However, the game doesn't do a good job at introducing this crafting mechanic to new players. For this reason, the developers should consider adding a new Alchemy Tutorial Quest with the Druid NPC Nettie
covering the basic process inside the Druids' Chamber.

Last edited by CharlesJT; 13/02/24 09:11 PM.
old hand
old hand
This would be interesting but might break the immersion. I love the Auntie Ethel interaction as is, especially for Durge. It’s true I’m just now learning how to make my favorite potions after 600 hours in the game. I feel like the alchemy page might be the place to add more info though. I had no idea that I could create extracts from random ingredients that weren’t options on the alchemy page. As many potions of speed as I can carry, here I come

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
This would be interesting but might break the immersion.

That may be true, but I'm sure the devs could create an alchemy tutorial quest that feels organic and fits within the story. For example, Auntie Ethel is a trader of lotions and potions among tiefling refugees, she could mention a tiefling child spoiled her latest batch and she needs help harvesting ingredients, create healing potion, etc. It's a shame this crafting mechanic goes largely unnoticed by new players and veterans alike.

Last edited by CharlesJT; 13/02/24 05:33 AM.
old hand
old hand
I think I would like this better with Nettie or one of the other druids in the grove. With Auntie Ethel all I want to do is
(Durge spoilers)
tell her I’m imagining drowning her in a boiling cauldron of gruel, and then she flirts with you, which I think is hilarious.

So I like her interaction as is. smile It could be good with Nettie though.

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 13/02/24 08:10 PM.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
I think I would like this better with Nettie or one of the other druids in the grove.

Agreed, Nettie would be a better choice for offering an Alchemy Tutorial Quest. I'll go ahead and update OP. Thanks!

Link Copied to Clipboard