Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#936122 17/02/24 11:22 PM
P
Phoots Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I thought I'd list the known issues with patch 6 to make it easier to bring to Larian's attention. This is what we have now, please list confirmed repeatable issues you are seeing. Also please refrain from listing issues with modded games, as this is for the base unmodded issues.

This has also been posted on the BG3 subreddit and gaining traction. Sub par patch quality to say the least: Reddit Link

Character creation:

Menu sliders:

Sliders no longer show numbers to the side of each slider. This used to make character creation easier by knowing the number of a slider.

General gameplay:

Vendor/trade windows:

Shift/CTRL multiselect has been disabled across the board making vendoring mass items harder than it should be. Confirmed on PC

Vendor inventories take forever to load their items, especially when the vendor has refreshed their inventory on a long rest or character level up. Sometimes, this seems to get stuck for some people never loading up leaving just blank inventories and gold amount for both the player and the vendor. - Confirmed on both PC and Console

The "wares" icon on items sold to vendors stays on the items after they are sold.

Wares are not traded to vendors across all party members, just the selected current party member. What is the point of having grouped vendor window?

Camp Chest:

Item interacition via right clicking individual items has been given a very reduced menu. The old menu does come up if you select more then one item and right click that item.

The chest can take a very long time to load, even with only a few items stored inside. A bag loaded within the camp chest takes equally as long. Once the bag filled with items is stored on the characters personal inventory it opens fast.

Sorting no longer works the same way it did previously. e.g. sorting items by Type will sort the items properly, adding a new item in the inventory then sorting again does nothing, instead you must change the sorting to some new criteria, like weight, then selct the one you wanted to sort with to begin with. As an example the sorting on the personal inventory still works like how it used to work.

When clicking on the camp chest, the menu that opens defaults to one of the non partied people from the camp instead of the expected camp chest.

Group hide:

This function is broken on console. When a detached party member uses the group hide function, everyone in the party hides/unhides regardless of their grouped status to the selected party member.

Non-harmful effects on NPCs:

effects like darkness or fog cloud now trigger a crime reaction, these types of effects should not be considered a harmful act.

Item:

Ring Whispering Promise. It only gives the buff to the character who has it equipped, instead of the characters that are healed by the character who has it equipped. Confirmed on console

Party stops responding

Several non-tav characters stop responding at different parts of the game. The affected character will just stand there and not follow the rest of the party anymore.

guardian

guardians voice randomly changes from female to male

Kissing animations

Many of the animations are cutting of dialogue and at times completely failing form completling.

Transmutation Stone

The stone disappears but its effect persists. Furthermore, you can re-party with the Transmutation Wizard and have them make a new stone - and its effect will be stacked with the old one. You're able to make an entire party with CON proficiency status by doing this.

Prologue:

Rune slates

Several rune slates (the one in the opening room, the left and middle ones on the table in Us's room) are no longer readable. Nothing happens when you click them, or right click > read.

Act 1:

Owlbear cub:

The owlbear cub never triggers the "eating mom" cut scene and instead doesn't stop attacking the player. Now the only way around this is to run away from combat.

Nettie and Abdirak:

both now freeze in place the moment u trigger their "follow me" sequences

Lae'zel recruitment

If your party is already full, when recruiting Lae'zel after saving her from the Tieflings and you choose to directly dismiss someone else and send them to the camp with the new feature to make room for Lae'zel, her quest bugs out and the journal thinks that you left her caged and ignored her.

Vengence Paladin Oathbreaking

Killing the Tieflings that trapped Lae'zel, VA for the narrator and the Oathbreaker knight stops abruptly mid sentence and doesn't come back

Act 2:

Shar's Inner Sanctum:

Inserting the 3 gems will have the altar only recognizes one gem. The other two are not considered in the altar. The altar takes one gem, the rest disappears and the door remains locked. This completely stops the path dead.

Owlbear cub :

Owlbear cub dissappears from camp completely. Does not return when venturing back to any Act 1 location.

Minthara recruitment dialogue:

Minthara Spoils major Emperor / Orpheus related plot point after her initial recruitment dialogue.

Jaheira:

Is not properly showing up. She was there and talking, but her model was invisible. She reappeared after the meeting cinematic.

Moonrise towers

When either Lann Tarv or Quartermaster Tali dies, the game will crash every single time.

Harper’s on moonrise attacking you because you have the enemy of justice condition.

There is a bug with the Harper’s on moonrise attacking you because you have the enemy of justice condition. I’m on PS5 if that means anything

Act 3:

Halsin and Minthara

Lower city tents have now merged together. They were free from each other there but not any more

Netherbrain:

can't summon any of the allies at all

Cazador fight

Killing all of Cazador's minions and zeroing his health to send him into his coffin, combat refuses to end. The only way combat can end is by killing one of the other spawn, which breaks the resulting choices you're supposed to be able to make after winning the fight.

Lower City

Game stalls when talking to town cries in the lower city.

Dame Aylin (confirmed PS5)

When you speak to Dame Aylin in your camp about Lorroakan wanting to take her prisoner, then speak to Isobel, the game soft crashes on PS5. No dialogue options do anything. You cannot leave camp, rest, or load a save. You must quit to main menu or exit the game.

journeyman
journeyman
Don't forget the fact that since the game released, splitscreen has basically been unplayable, and remains so with constant freezing and crashing.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
I can't talk to Druid characters when they are in wildshape. Not sure if this is limited to NPCs since my Tav isn't a Druid.

Halsin acts like he doesn't have a tent at all, and instead moves about the camp to chill, which I thin is an attempt at fixing Halsin and Minthara sharing a camp space gone TERRIBLY wrong, LOL.

Last edited by autistichalsin; 18/02/24 02:03 AM.
Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Started a new game after Patch 6 and immediately noticed some of these issues.

The vendor issue is MAJOR as it happens with every vendor. At least 5-10 second lag between the interface appearing and the merchant inventory loading. Gold for both player and vendor shows zero in the meantime. Gives it a real amateur hour feel.

The group stealth is also completely ridiculous and slows down the flow of gameplay significantly as the only way to individually stealth someone is to manually do it through the radial menu.

This may be the worst quality patch so far. Which is saying a lot because Patch 4 set the bar high in that regard.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Game is crashing often during combat. I have had it occur at the Last Light Inn vs Marcus and just now Ambushing the Convoy. What a drag, this is 10 times in 2 days its crashed in honor mode. Most have been during the bartering but this is beyond frustrating for a patch this late in release. Almost enough to stop playing at this point.

I checked task manager doesnt appear to be a memory leak I have 32Gbs and it isnt capping out. This time in the convoy I was scrolling through my arrows to select one to attack with and it crashed in the first round.

Last edited by Syrath; 18/02/24 03:53 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Vanilla version here and indeed there are some problems with the new patch , no hate , Larian does godlike work.

1st bug i noticed : Arabella seems to leave the camp and leave that letter as well even if you did everything good and she should just remain in the camp not leave forever. Even found her later on in act 3 in the sewers staring at the stone and she says the lines like you did the bad part in that quest.

2nd bug i noticed : Act 3 only for me , pickpocketing , digging graves and lockpicking does aggro npcs when spotted BUT if there is no guard nearby and they simply flee to get a guard , nothing happens , you can basically loot entire locations since normal npcs even with name will simply - ur attitude and flee. Nothing happens , no guard stopping , nothing , even though you are seen. Looted whole graveyard in act 3 , several npcs saw me , and i just stumpled upon about 6 guards staring at me , not initiating combat or dialogue. Simply doing nothing after i was clearly reported by several people.

Also pretty extensive (seconds sometimes more or less) delays after closing or opening merchants pages , or when substracting ingredients in the alchemy tab but only when you have like +20 substractions and after some cutscenes or dialogues.

Plus when fighting ends as a Druid while wild shaped , any after battle cutscene will prompt the dialogue to any other party member BUT me , since im a Saber Tooth... Very annoying. Could have been edited , just bring the human form back and let me play the dialogue ...

Last edited by DenisX; 18/02/24 09:08 AM.
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Are you sure that

" Non-harmful effects on NPCs:

effects like darkness or fog cloud now trigger a crime reaction, these types of effects should not be considered a harmful act."

is not intended? I would say it is not a crime, but that may be the only mechanisms they have to trigger hostile reactions.

I you invoke magic that covers an NPC in a magic effect - without the permission of said NPC - even if its doesn't physically damage them, many would consider that a hostile, unless they have bestial intelligence. Otherwise it allows you to set up magical obscuration affects on non-hostile targets who then stand around like morons what for your first strike from the darkness. I suspect that kind of cheesy gameplay is what they are trying to stop.

Unless you mean casting these within sight of an NPC - not covering them with the effect - in which case, clearly that is a bug.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by booboo
Are you sure that

" Non-harmful effects on NPCs:

effects like darkness or fog cloud now trigger a crime reaction, these types of effects should not be considered a harmful act."

is not intended? I would say it is not a crime, but that may be the only mechanisms they have to trigger hostile reactions.

I you invoke magic that covers an NPC in a magic effect - without the permission of said NPC - even if its doesn't physically damage them, many would consider that a hostile, unless they have bestial intelligence. Otherwise it allows you to set up magical obscuration affects on non-hostile targets who then stand around like morons what for your first strike from the darkness. I suspect that kind of cheesy gameplay is what they are trying to stop.

Unless you mean casting these within sight of an NPC - not covering them with the effect - in which case, clearly that is a bug.

I agree , casting darkness and looting everything in that area is just way too chessy , not mentioning the battle aspects of it.

Last edited by DenisX; 18/02/24 09:11 AM.
V
V
More Minthara bugs:

- She is spouting the Emperor line every time she should have a comment about things happening in the story (it's on constant repeat, overwriting her lines)
- After the endfight in Act 2 she is suddenly wearing her camp clothes instead of her armor
- Her bed in Elfsong tavern is empty and she has no camp

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Phoots
Moonrise towers

When either Lann Tarv or Quartermaster Tali dies, the game will crash every single time.

This bug where killing a vendor crashes the game is literally game breaking. At the Act II finale, you cannot progress through Moonrise Towers without fighting Lann Tarv, and the fight cannot be completed due to a persistent crash when he is killed. I've tired this fight at least a dozen times over the last two days, with multiple approaches of killing Tarv (including non-lethal attacks), but the crash is 100% persistent on my end. PS5, no mods.

Last edited by BooleanBill; 18/02/24 06:04 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by BooleanBill
Moonrise towers

This bug where killing a vendor crashes the game is literally game breaking. At the Act II finale, you cannot progress through Moonrise Towers without fighting Lann Tarv, and the fight cannot be completed due to a persistent crash when he is killed. I've tired this fight at least a dozen times over the last two days, with multiple approaches of killing Tarv (including non-lethal attacks), but the crash is 100% persistent on my end. PS5, no mods.
Yeah, it's surprising to me that with something like this in the game, something that makes it physically unplayable, we've had no rollback, no hotfix, and NO COMMUNICATION for 3 days.
This is leaving a really bad taste in my mouth.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by GalexMystra
Originally Posted by BooleanBill
Moonrise towers

Yeah, it's surprising to me that with something like this in the game, something that makes it physically unplayable, we've had no rollback, no hotfix, and NO COMMUNICATION for 3 days.
This is leaving a really bad taste in my mouth.

I’m going to check this out for myself ASAP because that is just a flat-out game breaking bug, and it’s pretty egregious all this time after release. Have you tried turning your entire party invisible and just going past all of those people? Only problem is, that might break other things down the line, or you might have to kill the dude anyway, after the whole killing the Act 2 boss thing.

Btw there was a game breaking bug after patch 4 for an entire month with no communication, so it may be a while. Just gotta be patient and they’ll get it sorted eventually.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
I’m going to check this out for myself ASAP because that is just a flat-out game breaking bug, and it’s pretty egregious all this time after release. Have you tried turning your entire party invisible and just going past all of those people? Only problem is, that might break other things down the line, or you might have to kill the dude anyway, after the whole killing the Act 2 boss thing.

Btw there was a game breaking bug after patch 4 for an entire month with no communication, so it may be a while. Just gotta be patient and they’ll get it sorted eventually.
For anyone who stumbles across this in the future, I was able to progress the fight by pickpocketing Lann Tarv prior to combat and significantly reducing the number of items in his inventory. After stealing back a whole boatload of junk I sold him (he was my main junk dump in Act 2), the game did not crash on kill. The game still lagged majorly (several minutes), but ultimately recovered instead of crashing. I suspect the issue id related to how much stuff is in the NPCs inventory when they die.

Last edited by BooleanBill; 18/02/24 07:04 PM.
A
old hand
Online Content
old hand
A
Hidden musical instruments become unhidden in animated scenes.

I noticed this most strongly during Gale's kissing animations since both Gale and the PC have musical instruments in my game, but it also happened during the dock scene at the end. As I haven't encountered any other larger scenes which normally hide the instruments, I am not sure if it is a general bug related to the instruments or specific to these scenes.

addict
addict
I have started a new run with patch 6, honour mode. In Astarion's recruitment scene, he disappeared entirely. He was completely invisible in all camera shots, but I think his knife did show up, floating in thin air. After the scene the game went back to the normal view, which made him visible again. But then the UI had disappeared. Restarting the game solved that issue.

apprentice
apprentice
*yawn* im done beta-testing for free, call me when the definitive edition is out or they actually start paying us.

Karlach is somehow broken in my game. Ever since I recruited her on this patch and on a fresh save file, the banter between her and the others doesn't trigger at all. In fact, whenever she's in my party, no banter triggers between the others either. I did some testing, I swapped her for other companions and banters immediately started between them when she was gone.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
T
stranger
stranger
T
When I try to trade wares items, my game crashes
After I finish trading, I can't leave. I try to change to another character that is not my tav but when I do that I stuck with that character. I can't select other party members.

S
S
It is not just Lann Tarv or Tali, if you kill certain merchants, the game crashes, possibly due to the inventory changes.

T
journeyman
Online Content
journeyman
T
The game started again after patch 6. The character uses an attack, but the weapon is still on the back, the enemy falls without any interaction with the weapon!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard