Next Thread
Print Thread
#940436 21/03/24 07:51 PM
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Sutton farm is the place where the hag aunty Ethel can send Mayrina's brothers Demir and Johl, if you will make the right choices during the dialog with her in act 1. Basically this is how you can save Mayrina's brothers, although dealing with a hag almost never has the happy outcome.
So where is Sutton farm? It is supposed to be in the north of Baldur's gate, and here is what I found...

[video:youtube]
[/video]

old hand
old hand
Interessting. Thx for sharing. smile

S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
you're welcome! looks like this is the best we are going to get since there will be no more content updates for bg 3 (correct me if i am wrong though!). for some reason i thought that eventually all the cut content will be implemented, including the brothers quest, but looks like this is not happening

old hand
old hand
If that is the case, it would be very sad. On the other hand, it's only about half a year after release. It's not as if we as a community are easy to satisfy. Larian has created some distance for itself with the latest statements and our lowered expectations will put less pressure on them now that they have created clear conditions for the time being. They will be working on other projects in the meantime.

Let's see what else happens in the next few years. It would be a waste of potential with the basis (multi- & crossplatform etc. pp.) that they have now created. It's hard to imagine that Larian won't continue working with it.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 24/03/24 12:33 PM.
addict
addict
I'll bet you are right about Sutton Farm! I noticed that windmill, too, while I was up on the Wymrock roof knocking off the Steel Watch robots. Well done. Act III did seem unfinished in regard to the hags. In Act II, Ethel had a letter correspondence with another hag in the city. I think those letters were signed "M" or something like that. In Act III we never see "M" ... I'll bet she was up at Sutton Farm!

old hand
old hand
Act III and perhaps also Act II has some cut content. There should be a "War College" and a "Druid Tomb" somewhere in the game: https://www.golem.de/news/larian-studios-wir-machen-kein-baldur-s-gate-4-2403-183472.html

"Auch deshalb habe das Team ein paar Monate vor der Veröffentlichung einige mehr oder weniger fertige Inhalte entfernt, darunter ein Abschnitt rund um ein War College sowie ein Druidengrab."

As far as I can remember, you could also get Mayrina's Locket as a reward during EA and she then talked about meeting at her mother's farm or at least that you would meet her mother there and I was under the assumption that her mother would then recognize Mayrina's locket.

In Act I you will also find various letters that are either addressed to NPCs in Baldur's Gate City or in which you are supposed to meet the authors there.

And don't forget the actual recipient of the Zhentarim Shipment in the Upper City, which is not available.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 24/03/24 02:15 PM.
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Argyle
I'll bet you are right about Sutton Farm! I noticed that windmill, too, while I was up on the Wymrock roof knocking off the Steel Watch robots. Well done. Act III did seem unfinished in regard to the hags. In Act II, Ethel had a letter correspondence with another hag in the city. I think those letters were signed "M" or something like that. In Act III we never see "M" ... I'll bet she was up at Sutton Farm!
this was for sure part of the cut content! if you save the only saveable girl in mask in act 1, she will tell that there are multiple hags, like a coven. and they have some sort of gang who lures people to them. that would be this m. person. i heard this quest was pretty much eliminate hag coven kind of thing, but it ended up cut, and we got aunty ethel twice instead (i wonder if that would be the case if the quest would be in it's fullest)

Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus
Act III and perhaps also Act II has some cut content. There should be a "War College" and a "Druid Tomb" somewhere in the game: https://www.golem.de/news/larian-studios-wir-machen-kein-baldur-s-gate-4-2403-183472.html

oh yeah the guilds! and there was supposed to be the adventuring guild. you still can find mentions of it. if the girl from aradin's squad dies in front of the grove doors, you can find on her the letter from this adventuring guild in baldur's gate, which rejected her (so she joined aradin's group i guess). i never found adventuring guild so i think this was cut too.

As far as I can remember, you could also get Mayrina's Locket as a reward during EA and she then talked about meeting at her mother's farm or at least that you would meet her mother there and I was under the assumption that her mother would then recognize Mayrina's locket.

i remember it! it is gone with ea, but i am not sure if the mother was still alive because even in ea you could ask dead brothers about their family and they would not mention mother (iirc of course) and they would say "we have a brother, a sister and soon a niece" - no mention of elder generations...

In Act I you will also find various letters that are either addressed to NPCs in Baldur's Gate City or in which you are supposed to meet the authors there.

i was wondering about these. one letter is for nine fingers, another is for the postmeister iirc, and i never figured out the third. i heard you still can return all the letters to the post, but i still didn't tried this, so not sure if this exists

And don't forget the actual recipient of the Zhentarim Shipment in the Upper City, which is not available.

[/quote]

oh i remember this because i searched the city and harassed every zent i've met in act 3, nobody wanted the stupid thing, i even thought this was a bug at some point. for now i usually give it to zaris, then kill her, then throw the beholder bottle to random enemies in act 3, for example it is not bad if you are planning to clear the wyrmrock

Last edited by shadowshadow; 25/03/24 06:04 PM.
old hand
old hand
The adventuring guild was called Ansur's Finest. Hence I thought it has something to do with the Dragon?

Concerning the letters, you probably mean the Soft Letter? I remember with the release version, a dead male Flaming Fist can be found in Waukeen's Rest with a similar letter, but I don't know if there's a connection or if the letter independently belongs to the dead Flaming Fist's wife (i.e. another person) in Baldur's Gate.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 26/03/24 10:26 AM.
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
The adventuring guild was called Ansur's Finest. Hence I thought it has something to do with the Dragon?

it makes sense, Ansur was supposed to be Baldur's gate's protector, so the adventure guild may be named after him. But it never appeared in the game frown

Concerning the letters, you probably mean the Soft Letter? I remember with the release version, a dead male Flaming Fist can be found in Waukeen's Rest with a similar letter, but I don't know if there's a connection or if the letter independently belongs to the dead Flaming Fist's wife (i.e. another person) in Baldur's Gate.
soft letter is one of those that scratche's former companion was carrying iirc. and the one at the waukeen's rest i think is still there, it's a crude letter and it is on a flaming fist corpse, i think since it found it's recipient it can't be returned to the post office. but maybe i am wrong, i never tried it either way)

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard