Print Thread
#940042 17/03/24 11:15 PM
M
Mordant Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
M
Can anyone suggest a mod that will allow me to access armor/clothing items while still in the nautiloid? I am looking for something that will enable me to access and equip gloves/breastplate/etc. (medium or heavy armor for a paladin), preferably without set bonuses.

Mordant #941265 01/04/24 07:30 AM
R
stranger
stranger
R
It is probably too late, but here goes anyway...

I do not know of existing mod, but maybe the BG3SE provides some means to spawn items via console?

Alternatively, you can modify the starting equip for any class or origin character (see below), but that requires you start a new game.
It may look difficult by the looks of the wall of text i produced, but it really is VERY simple.
If you do not want to start a new game, you could temporarily edit some spell to make it spawn the desired item(s). I will describe that later, if you want.

First you need to unpack the original Gustav.pak and/or Shared.pak (depends on what class/origin char equip you want to change), to get the original equipment.txt files:
  • Public\Gustav\Stats\Generated\Equipment.txt (starting equip of the Origin characters)
  • Public\Shared\Stats\Generated\Equipment.txt (starting equip of playable classes, except Monk and Paladin-Vengeance)
  • Public\SharedDev\Stats\Generated\Equipment.txt (starting equip for Monk and Paladin-Vengeance)

In case you live under a rock and don't know, the tool to use is Norbyte's LSLib.

You don't need all three files, only the one(s) containing the class or Origin character whose starting equipment you want to change.
Let's say you want to change starting equip of Barbarian class, so you grab the file Public\Shared\Stats\Generated\Equipment.txt.
Open the file in some text editor and look for the following line:
new equipment "EQP_CC_Barbarian"
What follows after this line (until there is another "new equipment" line) is the equipment configuration for the Barbarian class.

Let's say you want to change the main weapon and instead of Battle Axe, give it a Rapier (that would be stupid, i know, its just an example).
So you change the following line:
add equipment entry "WPN_Greataxe"
Into this:
add equipment entry "WPN_Rapier"

If you want to ADD another weapon or item...
For example, you want to keep the Battle Axe and just ADD the Rapier as another weapon into the inventory, you add the following lines somewhere under that new equipment "EQP_CC_Barbarian" line:
add equipmentgroup
So it looks like this (here i added the Rapier at the end):
new equipment "EQP_CC_Barbarian"
add initialweaponset "Melee"
add equipmentgroup
add equipment entry "WPN_Greataxe"
add equipmentgroup
add equipment entry "OBJ_Potion_Healing"
add equipmentgroup
add equipment entry "OBJ_Potion_Healing"
add equipmentgroup
add equipment entry "OBJ_Scroll_Revivify"
add equipmentgroup
add equipment entry "ARM_Shoes_Barbarian"
add equipmentgroup
add equipment entry "ARM_Barbarian"
add equipmentgroup
add equipment entry "WPN_Handaxe"
add equipmentgroup
add equipment entry "WPN_Handaxe"
add equipmentgroup
add equipment entry "OBJ_Keychain"
add equipmentgroup
add equipment entry "OBJ_Bag_AlchemyPouch"
add equipmentgroup
add equipment entry "ARM_Camp_Body"
add equipmentgroup
add equipment entry "ARM_Camp_Shoes"
add equipmentgroup
add equipment entry "OBJ_Backpack_CampSupplies"
add equipmentgroup

You can add/change any other items, not just weapons, you just need to know the name (ie. ARM_Camp_Shoes, and OBJ_Potion_Healing, etc.).
To find the names of basic stuff, you can probably look at the other equip definitions and using common sense you should be able to tell that "OBJ_Potion_Healing" is the Healing Potion, etc.
If that isn't enough, finding specific objects is not difficult, but you need to extract more of the game data PAKs and wrap your head around how various files and various data inside them relate to each other, in order to know how to find stuff without any tools, and that would take even a longer wall of text to describe, so i am not going to do that here.

Editing equip for Origin characters is similar, but instead of looking for new equipment "EQP_CC_<CLASS_NAME>", you look for new equipment "EQ_<ORIGIN_CHAR_NAME>" (where name is Laezel, Shadowheart, etc.) in a corresponding file as mentioned above.

MAKE SURE TO KEEP THE LOGICAL STRUCTURE.
Every "add equipment entry" line MUST be preceeded by a "add equipmentgroup" line!

DO NOT REMOVE ANY OF THE OTHER CLASS/ORIGIN DEFINITIONS.
You are not making a mod here, but directly overwriting an original game file, so the file you edit MUST contain all the definitions the original file had, otherwise the game would crash when it tries to load the class/origin that you removed from the file.

Once you made your edits, save the file, and place it in the corresponding path under the "Data" folder in your game installation.
For example, i have the GOG version of game installed in "g:\GOG\Baldurs Gate 3".
So if i edited Public\Gustav\Stats\Generated\Equipment.txt, i would place it into:
g:\GOG\Baldurs Gate 3\Data\Public\Gustav\Stats\Generated\Equipment.txt

Similarly, the file "Public\Shared\Stats\Generated\Equipment.txt" goes into:
g:\GOG\Baldurs Gate 3\Data\Public\Shared\Stats\Generated\Equipment.txt

...and so on.
You can freely remove/add/edit the file at any time, the game won't mind as long as you don't screw up something in the file.
MAKE SURE TO NOT MIX UP THE FILES by taking what was originally packed under Gustav and placing it under GustavDev, etc.

Mordant #942745 14/05/24 03:04 PM
THAT OR "BUY YOUR STARTING EQUIPMENT" ON NEXUS MOD

STILL WAITING FOR NEW COMPANION AND CUSTOM PARTY WITHOUT MULTIPLAYER.
BECAUSE WHY FUCKING NOT???

Link Copied to Clipboard