Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
H
Apologies for the duplicate thread, but the other one is bugged for some reason (possibly the inclusion of an emojii? In 2024?)

Since that one isn't visible, I'm wondering what the current status is with regards to Dammon's survival and the Hellion's Heart quest (for Karlach's infernal engine)?

I was hoping to skip to the mountain pass as quickly as possible for a Githyanki playthrough, however I know that at least originally it's impossible to fully fix Karlach's heart in act 1, requiring Dammon to make it to Last Light Inn, but as far as I know the only way to ensure that is to kill the goblin leaders. Bit since then there's been a metric butt-tonne of patches with changelogs longer than War and Peace.

Is that still the case, or is there any way (including modding, if necessary) to ensure Dammon progresses to the Last Light Inn if I just go on my merry way straight to the mountain pass? I showed that one hopeless guy how to swing a sword properly, surely that's enough to ensure the tieflings make it through?

P
addict
addict
P
I've done some testing with this, trying to see if you can get something to happen by knocking people out like getting both Halsin and Minthara, but so far I've not been able to get Dammon or anyone else to appear. The most I've had happen is Halsin showing up a couple of long rests after the grove was raided to try and kill me, which is better then him just vanishing off the face of Faerun, I guess.

I've found that the triggers for who shows up to be somewhat buggy. One playthough I helped the grove and convinced Rolan to stay with the refugees, only for most of the Tieflings to show up at the last light except Rolan and the others that move with him. it's why the "leave no one behind" achievement has been so tricky to get, no matter how well i think I'm doing, something always happens.

As far as i'm aware, if you go to the mountain pass without stopping the rite of thorns, it will seal the grove and the Tieflings won't show up at the Last light, having apparently died on the road.

H
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
H
Ah well, I just ended up killing the goblin leaders with a bit of meta-knowledge from my previous playthroughs of the area, didn't take too long it just felt weird doing it when I could have (and should have if I were hard roleplaying) taken the more direct path to the mountain pass.

Thanks for replying, it's a shame there's no alternative character to fix Karlach's heart, as it's a lot of work keeping these suicidal tieflings alive! :lol:

They have so many other NPCs in the game with unique replacements, seems odd there isn't another blacksmith (or the diabolist, or the gondians) who could help.

Link Copied to Clipboard