Next Thread
Print Thread
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Hello,
I was wondering if everything in this duel is as intended. What I'm getting at is that, and this is on an honor run, I had the duel and in 2 rounds she siphoned one of my most valuable resources which she happened to have on her. It is kind of infuriating that she can just chug the only supreme healing I had, a potion of speed and my only potion of colossus in 2 rounds which were obviously not intended to wasted in this interaction. Maybe since this is a formal duel as well, it'd be better if no consumables were involved? Well, I have no idea what your perspective on this is. Maybe you'll just see this and think "tough luck mate". I don't know, I just thought that kind of pill was hard to swallow and the wound is still fresh. Maybe I'm overacting. But frankly a duel without consumables doesn't seem like an outlandish idea if it's not too crazy of an endeavor to implement which I totally understand that it might be. Obviously this kind of thing only becomes a problem on the honor difficulty, otherwise I would have just reloaded... this problem seems so oddly specific I'm not even sure I should be bringing it up.

veteran
veteran
Tough luck mate.

^that actually is what I think, but what I think doesn't much matter.

This is the place to bring up feedback and suggestions, and this is a perfectly reasonable thing to post for Larian's attention.

I admit it can be annoying when a companion wastes a precious resource, but in fairness, you have the option to use resources in your fight against her. It's not very fair if you're the only one with access to the inventory.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by KickNick
Hello,
I was wondering if everything in this duel is as intended. What I'm getting at is that, and this is on an honor run, I had the duel and in 2 rounds she siphoned one of my most valuable resources which she happened to have on her. It is kind of infuriating that she can just chug the only supreme healing I had, a potion of speed and my only potion of colossus in 2 rounds which were obviously not intended to wasted in this interaction. Maybe since this is a formal duel as well, it'd be better if no consumables were involved? Well, I have no idea what your perspective on this is. Maybe you'll just see this and think "tough luck mate". I don't know, I just thought that kind of pill was hard to swallow and the wound is still fresh. Maybe I'm overacting. But frankly a duel without consumables doesn't seem like an outlandish idea if it's not too crazy of an endeavor to implement which I totally understand that it might be. Obviously this kind of thing only becomes a problem on the honor difficulty, otherwise I would have just reloaded... this problem seems so oddly specific I'm not even sure I should be bringing it up.

You knew what she was like before you invited her into your party.

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
That's why I suggested that the duel could be devoid of consumables from either side. A bit like a real duel. But I also understand that implementing such a mechanic for an isolated event like this, that: only happens once and only if the player character romances Lae'zel, would require a lot work for something that in the grand scheme of things, that the game represent, is a detail. I'm just playing the role of the devil that points a finger at it.

Link Copied to Clipboard