Print Thread
T
Tokman Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Hello Larian,

You released the map editor for both Divinity if I remember correctly.
Is there any chance you will release the map editor for Baldur's Gate 3?
Please

Thanks

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Yes, they said it was coming soon after the PS5 version launched (which was the 1st week of September) and here we are approaching the end of November and still nothing though.

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.
veteran
veteran
yes the same issue of xbox slowing things down but a map editor is pretty easy so i expect it will come

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
Being able to make custom environments would give the game an enormous amount of longevity. I could easily foresee BG3 becoming the next Neverwinter Nights.

I personally have a ton of ideas for custom environment stuff like recreating Tomb of Horrors and Temple of Elemental Evil in BG3's engine. It has a ridiculous amount of potential.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Wait, you mean that devs are really going to release the toolset which was used to create the game itself? Is there more detailed info about this somewhere? Could these tools simplify modding?

I still can't find a way to create new origins character. All my attempts to add a new entity into the origins section of character creation have no effect or just break the character creation completely.

Originally Posted by Red Spot Sylphin
Wait, you mean that devs are really going to release the toolset which was used to create the game itself?
According to Swen when the game first launched yes
Is there more detailed info about this somewhere?
Unfortunately this one interview is the only information we've been told about modding support for Baldur's Gate 3. He says here that it will allow us to create custom environments. Most likely it'll be similar to Divinity Original Sin 2's toolset, as Baldur's Gate 3 runs on an upgraded version of it's engine.

Could these tools simplify modding?
Very likely if Larian is still working on it, it would allow for the same level of modding support DOS2 allowed for. Which was creating custom modular adventures. Which is something we cannot currently do.
I still can't find a way to create new origins character. All my attempts to add a new entity into the origins section of character creation have no effect or just break the character creation completely.
DOS2's tools allowed for creating custom origin characters or even bypassing the origin system altogether and starting the player off as a preset character.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I definitely need this toolset! smile I hope they are going to release it soon.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I'd really love a level editor for BG3. smile

Did anyone get news about this?

Or maybe even a chance of GM tooling via mods?

apprentice
apprentice
It would be great to see user created adventures.

"He that can smile at death, as we know him. Who can flourish in the midst of diseases that kill off whole peoples. Oh! If such a one was to come from God, and not the Devil, what a force for good might he not be in this old world of ours."
-Bram Stoker, Dracula

Link Copied to Clipboard