Print Thread
#942791 15/05/24 10:10 PM
E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
OMG where is patch 7!
Any idea when this is coming? Didn't they say end of April/beginning of May?
I need the mod tools :P

I know I know it can be done manually.
Just don't want to deal with the manual process of getting them to work on my SD.

journeyman
journeyman
You just got me excited, and now I’ll … still be opening the news page every day to see whether I should update hehe

A
stranger
Online Content
stranger
A
It's still months away. They need to make sure the mod tools work okay on multiple platforms before releasing. If they release it now and destroy countless hours of gameplay people will blame them. Like all things with Larian it'll be released when it's ready and not before.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by AD231
Like all things with Larian it'll be released when it's ready and not before.
Pffffffff.

If only that were true.

journeyman
journeyman
Hence why months away statemens have dropped for quite some time, when patch 6 was released it did break the game quite badly so it will be a lot of testing phases for patch 7 to reduce as much hotfixing as possible, but regardless how long you beta test with as many people as possible, understandable something always breaks that just emerges once millions if not ten of millions of people start downloading it to hundred differently configurated systems.

E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
For some reason I thought they said it was suppose to be release late last month/early this month.

Last edited by envyangel; 18/05/24 03:12 AM. Reason: misspelling
J
journeyman
journeyman
J

Six patches and 25 hotfixes suggest otherwise.

I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Jordaker

Six patches and 25 hotfixes suggest otherwise.
Probably have to rewrite the patch content 4 times, adding mire sex appeal each time and spending half the budget on rendering glossy lips...

addict
addict
The state of the gaming industry have you believe Larian is all roses.
They are just lucky things are that bad everywhere around them. Makes them stand out.
BG3 Chapter 1 is amazing. The rest is pretty much standard fair. Nothing to write home about.

Multiple system releases just killed the rest of the game quality for everyone. I think they should of concentrated on just a PC release. Console releases are shit compared to PC/MAC for this type of game. Why even bother (yea, $$$). The UI is just awful and near unplayable unless your a masochist.

Last edited by Count Turnipsome; 23/05/24 04:34 PM.

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
addict
addict
I dont know about unplayable but the interface is not the strongest suit of the game, thats for sure.

A
stranger
Online Content
stranger
A
Which is why I can't wait fir mod tools. Hopefully someone will be skilled enough to improve the UI on console since we all know Larian ain't gonna do it.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard