Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Thaylx Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
The game thinks I'm breaking my oath when in reality I was decieving Minthara the drow goblin leader into thinking I would open the gate at the grove and betray the tiefings. My intention was to draw her out, and then turn against her at the gate. The game could beneift from acknowleding when you've actually kept your oath and restore its status back to oath keeping because I went against my intial decision to side with Minthara. It was a rouse and the game would be better if it could detect and reverse the broken oath.

I
old hand
old hand
I
But you have not kept your oath (assuming you play oath of devotion)

Paladins are pretty uncomprimising. Every lie told makes the world a worse place and strengthens the power of chaos and disorder, no matter the intention.

If you play oath of ancients its a different matter. There you should only break your oath when actually going through with it. No idea how BG3 handles it though.

Last edited by Ixal; 11/07/24 10:40 AM.
S
old hand
old hand
S
There are some splits between getting oathbroken and for what alongside some deviations from the lore. Example: the owlbear is a monstrosity (artificial creation by magic possibly), but it gets treated as killing an innocent animal. There has been a lot of criticism for implementation of oaths and the lack of religion. I think there's a bigger thread somewhere

Link Copied to Clipboard