Next Thread
Print Thread
E
ELB Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
I retried the manual install, this time copying certain problem RAR archives to my C: drive temp folder and unraring from there. I didn't get any CRC errors this time, though I am not sure that I didn't "cheat" the process, as opposed to bypassing the errors, or whether it will work. I certainly hope so.

However, when I try to run the game this time, I get the message that I am missing FMOD.DLL. Could someone send this to me? Any thoughts?

I must admit that I messed up the manual install somewhat, though I am not sure this is the problem. Initially, I skipped the cancel installation at 1% step. I cancelled immediately and went straight to the unraring. I ended up saving all my work in "Divine Divinity1," installing to 1% after all my work was complete, and then copying the files over. I also had to delete my regedit file several times since I messed up the pathing edits. I eventually edited it correctly, but ended up correcting this error AFTER everything else was done. This also meant that I patched several times over, though the patch did seem to work successfully.

I hope that this does not mean that I have to start unraring all over again. It takes a fair amount of time and work.

Any ideas?

- ELB

P.S. On a totally different note, I was somewhat confused by the copying of the static folder over to C:\Program Files\Divine Divinity\Run (Game Disk). Unlike Localization, there already were several Static folders. So, what I did was copy the files in the static folder on the Game Disk INTO the static folder that already contained "heroes" and "imagelists" — is this correct?

Support
Support
Copying archives to the hard drive, then extracting, can avaoid some errors.

Installed, the fmod.dll should be in the '..\Divine Divinity\Run' folder, and is in the '..\disc3\root.rar' file on the play disk. If you can not extract it again, it is small enough to email.

The registry file just allows the patch to find the install path, so as long as it is installed, it should not matter if you tried a few different versions of the registry file.

It sounds like you combined the static folder correctly. The '..\Divine Divinity\Run\static' folder contains the folders 'heroes' and 'imagelists', 5 .tga files and objects.000 (you do not need the .bik files).

F
stranger
stranger
F
Hi, I found the fmod.dll file on Dllinstaller and download it but I want to ask if it's possible to reinstall the program just to erase the error I get or should I install the missing file from the place I download it.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard