Next Thread
Print Thread
#899464 18/09/23 10:51 PM
N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
This is for ps5 users. A fix that worked for me was to turn Cloud Syncing for BG3 save games off. By going to your settings/save games/ turn it off. Then reload game idk why but only solution I found that worked for me. Turning the internet off did nothing for me. No issue since and I am still connected to internet,
Good Luck. approvegauntlet

Last edited by Nameisnick7; 18/09/23 10:52 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
I did what you stated, and it did not work. It is funny; no other problems with any other game except this one. I can only assume it is their server when I (or so many others) see "Joining failed: Something went wrong on our end; please try again" and nothing happens. However, thanks for letting us know that something did work for you.

A
stranger
stranger
A
From Baldur's Gate twitter feed

Some PS5 players are experiencing sudden Baldur’s Gate 3 crashes in what appears to be a PSN-related issue.

We’re investigating the problem, but for now, the workaround is to disconnect your PS5 from the internet.

N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Damn sorry to hear that some people are saying it is a psn problem idk though. hopefully they fix it soon. Thank you for the reply hopefully you get to play a bit b4 the night's over.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Thanks. I think it is working now. I came out of the game, turned on my internet connection, started the game, and no join failed error message. I am crossing my fingers.
Update: The "Online Visibility" feature on the PS5 was turned off (not sure if it is back on or not), and that is how I was able to start the game. I did not need to turn off my internet connection. It appears the servers are not talking with each other.

Last edited by ADT4079; 19/09/23 01:23 AM. Reason: additional information
S
stranger
stranger
S
I have a feeling that PSN will blame it on the BG3 Developers .... and the BG3 Developer will blame it on PSN???

A
stranger
stranger
A
Indeed. The online visibility has been enabled, and the game crashes.

Link Copied to Clipboard