Re: What is the Absolute SPOILERS [Re: Dee_MogII] #735930
18/11/20 12:54 PM
18/11/20 12:54 PM
azarhal Offline
enthusiast
azarhal  Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dee_MogII
Has it been mentioned yet that The Absolute is the woman who has been narrating our actions throughout the game? It'd be silly, but very meta if she turned out to be a DM. x)

The narrator in BG1/BG2 is Sarevok's voice actor.

Re: What is the Absolute SPOILERS [Re: azarhal] #736127
18/11/20 09:21 PM
18/11/20 09:21 PM
D
Dee_MogII Offline
stranger
Dee_MogII  Offline
stranger
D

Originally Posted by azarhal
Has it been mentioned yet that The Absolute is the woman who has been narrating our actions throughout the game? It'd be silly, but very meta if she turned out to be a DM. x)

The narrator in BG1/BG2 is Sarevok's voice actor.

Originally Posted by ash elemental
Icewind Dale already did this.

That's right! Could be that's what's being referenced? smile

Re: What is the Absolute SPOILERS [Re: Dee_MogII] #736265
19/11/20 05:10 AM
19/11/20 05:10 AM
T
Taramafor Offline
apprentice
Taramafor  Offline
apprentice
T

Again, the intro refers to the absolute as a group. "Absolute unity."

If they have a leader it's only to lead the flock itself. But the absolute is more of an idea. A leader you can just kill. But an idea? Much more difficult. That's why the absolute has as much power it does.

As for the absolute itself, someone could be pulling the strings. But they might not be part of the absolute itself. I suspect that's where this is going. Especially since it's already been hinted that the netherese are behind it when trying to find a cure.

Last edited by Taramafor; 19/11/20 05:12 AM.
Re: What is the Absolute SPOILERS [Re: Surface R] #736372
19/11/20 10:04 AM
19/11/20 10:04 AM
Verte Offline
enthusiast
Verte  Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted by Surface R
After more playing it feels to me that Shar might be the main culprit, if there is a main. But the dead Three are certainly involved in some way. It may be they made some kind of a pact with Shar, because they are not as strong and powerful anymore, and Shar has her own issues and goals. Several characters describe Absolute as female and i dont think the dead three would easily go for such pretending.

The devils are obviously an outside force in this. Its not their game but they do have interests in it.

Apart from that the only unclear thing is whats the deal with presumed Illithid diety. Is it an actual deity or an impostor.
The mural that is the first thing we see in the game makes it definite there is some sort of religious thing going on with Illithids,although it may be just a part of Illithids, not all of them.

[Linked Image]

There is an elder brain out of whom the chosen one comes forth holding the special staff above kneeling and bowing multitudes.
I have no idea what are the things on the left and right of the figure with the staff, the creatures with two big legs and long tails, bent so their big triangular heads touch the floor. Anyone knows?

-edit-

On a second look, those might be humans leaning back with their shoulders but their heads are unclear. The tentacles , not tails, would then be behind them.

The crowd is also humanoid on the left and right and only the middle row are Illithids.

Bhaalspawn slayers?

Re: What is the Absolute SPOILERS [Re: ArmouredHedgehog] #736376
19/11/20 10:16 AM
19/11/20 10:16 AM
E
Ellenhard Online content
Ellenhard  Online Content
E

Cyric (one of the Dead Three) holds the portfolio of Lies and a Trickery Domain. His interference can explain a lot.

For now, I'd say it would be nice to see a power play between the Dead Three (who may turn on each other easily, especially closer to the culmination), Shar, Vlaakith, Iolaum, and some devilish powers to boot. It's the one boiling pot with many turns and twists along the way. Or it is a wishful belief that Larian writers can hatch a truly epic plot and not get their wings cut in the process, by Hasbro or whoever.

Re: What is the Absolute SPOILERS [Re: Ellenhard] #736388
19/11/20 11:01 AM
19/11/20 11:01 AM
R
Riful Offline
stranger
Riful  Offline
stranger
R

Originally Posted by Ellenhard
Cyric (one of the Dead Three) holds the portfolio of Lies and a Trickery Domain. His interference can explain a lot.

The Dead Three includes Bane, Myrkul and Bhaal, not Cyric. Besides, by the time of BG3 events Cyric lost most of his portfolio (especially the part related to death) and is imprisoned in his plane.

Re: What is the Absolute SPOILERS [Re: Riful] #736392
19/11/20 11:09 AM
19/11/20 11:09 AM
E
Ellenhard Online content
Ellenhard  Online Content
E

Originally Posted by Riful

The Dead Three includes Bane, Myrkul and Bhaal, not Cyric. Besides, by the time of BG3 events Cyric lost most of his portfolio (especially the part related to death) and is imprisoned in his plane.

My bad, thank you for correcting me. Was it in novels, or somewhere else? Who is holding the Portfolio of Lies now, then?

Edit: actually, that would be even more interesting, with Cyric being outside but still plotting, and acting through intermediaries. If he is still a Prince of Lies.

Last edited by Ellenhard; 19/11/20 11:12 AM.
Re: What is the Absolute SPOILERS [Re: Ellenhard] #736407
19/11/20 11:54 AM
19/11/20 11:54 AM
R
Riful Offline
stranger
Riful  Offline
stranger
R

Was it in novels, or somewhere else? Who is holding the Portfolio of Lies now, then?

The portfolio of lies still belongs to Cyric, but now it's his sole portfolio. His imprisonment is mentioned in "The Grand History of the Realms", though I can't say when exactly other parts of his portfolio were returned to resurrected gods. Or how Myrkul and Kelemvor are supposed to share the same portfolio of the god of death now.

Re: What is the Absolute SPOILERS [Re: ArmouredHedgehog] #736642
20/11/20 01:33 AM
20/11/20 01:33 AM
R
ReeceMichael1 Offline
Banned
ReeceMichael1  Offline
Banned
R

So I bought the game and started it. My character is stuck and will not move as soon as game starts. I can rotate camera and open menus but my character is a statue.

--Spam links removed by moderation--

Re: What is the Absolute SPOILERS [Re: ArmouredHedgehog] #737472
21/11/20 06:01 PM
21/11/20 06:01 PM
A
ArmouredHedgehog Offline OP
enthusiast
ArmouredHedgehog  Offline OP
enthusiast
A

The narrator could be a clue. She does not sound like someone completely neutral.

As
Sylvira Savikas

is likely to show up in the game some things are interesting:
She is an expert on magical puzzle boxes (The gith box) and the outer planes (illithid and forgotten gods connection?)
She lives in Candlekeep so we might revisit the place. A tiefling wizard, infernal contracts, outer planes.
That ties in nicely with some of the speculation here.

The devs also hinted that we would visit another plane and there is a diary entry referring to a strange place that the party seems to get teleported to

Cyric seems to be unable to get involved with much right now. I guess the dead three and some ilithid entity with netherese connections are the most likely candidates right now

Re: What is the Absolute SPOILERS [Re: ArmouredHedgehog] #737734
Yesterday at 04:29 AM
Yesterday at 04:29 AM
S
SpookyNai Offline
stranger
SpookyNai  Offline
stranger
S

In that opening cutscene mural, the staff that the mindflayer is holding kind of looks like the Staff of the Moonmaiden that you find where the big battle happened in the Underdark.

Page 21 of 21 1 2 19 20 21