Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
I actually doubt fog of war will be a thing due to how the world is designed, and emphasis on cinematic looks and over the shoulder perspective. So I added an iterative thought I just had to the feedback document myself.

Originally Posted by The Composer
So presumably the main reason why fog of war isn’t a thing, is due to the mapping environment and over the shoulder perspective would be sort of pointless if the horizon was blacked out. Also, using the environment and observing it for advantages plays a huge part of the current gameplay.

What I instead propose, is to significantly reduce the distance free-camera can travel away from the player, and heavily improve the freedom of camera control directionally. Let the player lift the perspective 180 degrees, looking directly up if wanted to.

A keybind to transfer to a static first-person view for the character as well (ability to move isn’t necessary in FP but a nice bonus).

This could both increase immersion, enjoyment of exploration and scenery, and also alleviate a lot of feedback about lack of fog of war.

Curious to hear how that sounds as a compromise for OP.

Emulate Offline OP
OP Offline
You can have A Line of sight fog of war implementation, open worlds doesn't have to limit fog of war you can also have areas like dungeons where fog of war happens because everything is in closed in locations... you can't use the open world cinematic excuse when it actually ruins the game.... Not acceptable.you can't even tilt down the camera so no, no, no...

Last edited by Emulate; 21/10/20 06:35 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Emulate
No just not a fan boy with pop bottle glasses on.

And here we have it, the "Anyone who disagrees with me is a mindless fanboy". Bingo! I've go a bingo over here!

Emulate Offline OP
OP Offline
There's no other excuse its either that or deep space radiation is degrading peoples brains to not accept basic standards set over 20 years ago...

I mean, could the mods please just ban people who have no arguments except insults? It really is annoying.

S
S
Op is right about most of the things he says in the video:

1- No fog of war means no need of scouting with some specific classes, skills and feats. Just move your camera and it is done. Horrible system for a DnD game.

2- Infinite arrows are not quality of life system but it is just cheating.

3- The Camp is not only confusing and annoying but also game breaking. The fact that you can have a long rest whenever you wish and wherever you wish as long as you are not in combat completely renders the need of having sustain dpr martial classes. All you gotta do is make a party of casters and novas and then caboom everything with magic without thinking about magic economy because you can take a long rest after any fight regardless of whereever you are on the map.

However, I don't agree with you ideas about the combat. I mean you having a char with 8 hp has to be a bug. Gale lv2 is a 14 hp char.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by sinogy

However, I don't agree with you ideas about the combat. I mean you having a char with 8 hp has to be a bug. Gale lv2 is a 14 hp char.

It's not a bug -- he hasn't figured out how to level up. "I'm here in the goblin camp and I would be level three if I only I could figure out why my character sheet has a cross on it . . . I mean what's up with that? This game is responsible for my inability to understand what 98 percent of other players have figured out"

veteran
veteran
Ok, I tried to be a voice of reason.

If we can't keep a mature and respectable line of communication, then it's best to call it quits.

Thread locked. I tried to hold out a branch for you, Emulate.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard