Print Thread
#738305 23/11/20 06:51 PM
J
jmos Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
I've been playing Baldur's gate 3 since the launch of EA, and it's been great.  I play on Stadia.

Starting last night, I can't access my save files.  I launch the program and it loads to the main menu.  I play without a mouse, so I have to manually change my key binds each time since they won't save (please fix this!!) and that process works fine. 

If I select continue, I get a few of the splash screens while it loads, and then it crashes me out of the program entirely. 

The same happens if I select an older save file to load.

I tried New Game, and that seemed to work fine.

Any ideas what's going on?  

My next step will be trying to create a new character and seeing if the game will load the new save files. If not, I'm dead in the water.

J
jmos Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
Ok, I started over and created a new character. That seems to save and load again properly.

Hopefully all my old save files aren't corrupted!!

I at least encountered 2 situations in camp the save files will crash.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I just started having the same problem. I was able to get one file, (the fourth or fifth down the list) to load, but when I made a new save continuing from that one, it wouldn't load.

J
jmos Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
I went back and found three corrupted save files, earlier than that they were OK. I've been able to continue the playthrough from there.

I contacted Larian directly and got a quick response from support. No solution, but they are aware of the issue. If more people are having it, you should speak up.

J
jmos Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
Last night it happened again; the three most recent save files were corrupt and crashed the game.

I see. I posted a similar one before, you naarowed it down.

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=738558

Link Copied to Clipboard