Next Thread
Print Thread
Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hey everyone,

We have just released a new update for Divinity: Original Sin 2!

In this update we have added Steam Cross Save progression for iPad players! Now you'll be able to share your Steam save files between PC and iPad, seamlessly and as often as you like.

We have also added Brazilian Portuguese for all platforms, so that means you'll be able to play the game in your native language now on PC, Mac, iPad, Switch, Playstation and Xbox. We have also added Latin-American Spanish for iPad.

We've also updated the Larian Launcher for you! We've fixed issues with it displaying on certain resolutions, issues with starting the game on network mapped drives and we've added a skip option for you. See changelist below for details.

And last but not least, we’ve got a stacked line up of fixes for the iPad version of the game, including newly-added overhead health bars, portrait-based targeting, and UI optimizations.

Happy adventures,

Larian Crew

Launcher fixes:
  • Fixed the launcher not fitting on certain display resolutions and windows scaling combinations.
  • Possible fix for the launcher not starting the game correctly on network mapped drives or symlinks.
  • Added a launch option to the LariLauncher so players can skip the launcher entirely.
  • Updated to fix an issue with Geforce Now.
  • Closing the Launcher no longer closes the game.

To use this on STEAM:
    -Right-click Divinity: Original Sin 2 in your library and select Properties...
    -On the GENERAL tab, add --skip-launcher in the LAUNCH OPTIONS field.

To use this on GOG:
    -Navigate to the game in your library.
    -Click the preferences button to the right of the play button and select Manage installation > Configure...
    -Check the box next to Custom executables / arguments
    -Click Add another Executable / arguments at the bottom of the window.
    -In the File field for this new executable, select supporttool.exe in the ../bin folder of your game installation.
    -In the Arguments field, add --skip-launcher.
    -Check the Default executable radio button.
    -Click OK and press Play.

Mac Only fixes:
  • Fixed an issue with multiplayer when a player on Mac was the host.

iPad changelist below:

Updates and additions:
  • Added Steam Cross Save functionality.
  • Added Portuguese-Brazilian and Spanish Latin-American languages.
  • You can now drag items in and out of the equipment screen.
  • Overhead health bars are now shown when hitting targets with spells.
  • Added more contextual information when holding down onscreen buttons.
  • Several fullscreen interfaces now run at 60 FPS to improve responsiveness.
  • Tooltips are no longer shown when the inventory is in "Show Wares" mode to improve usability.
  • Added the ability to put items from your inventory into a pickpocket container.
  • Added minor changes to UI styling in specific screens.
  • Added minor changes to font and UI size to improve readability.
  • Added a mouse sensitivity slider in the gameplay options.
  • You can now target characters through their portraits.
  • Added Throw action to the item context menu.
  • Optimised SSAO memory usage.
  • Added a "drop item" icon to the inventory screen.
  • Improved texture quality during character creation.
  • Added an indication to the chat window icon when new messages arrive.
  • Tapping a new recipe notification now takes you to the crafting screen.
  • Improved double tap responsiveness when looting containers.

UI Fixes:
  • Fixed not being able to pick up items from Active Search by double tapping on them.
  • Fixed item dragging issues near the bottom of containers.
  • Fixed too many portraits being present in the combat turn order list during large combat situations.
  • Fixed a possible game freeze when opening the skills menu.
  • Fixed graphical corruption on portraits in certain screens.
  • Fixed not being able to add skills to certain classes in the character creation screen.
  • Fixed a blocking interaction issue with the waypoints menu and in-game menu.
  • Fixed having to reselect your newly created profile on first boot of the game.
  • Fixed map interactions not always working, depending on zoom level.
  • Fixed being able to disable heroes in the Arena lobby screen after setting ready state.
  • Fixed specific game tutorials not popping up at the right time.
  • Fixed names of NPCs being cut off in some screens.
  • Fixed background information overlap in character creation when using split screen mode.
  • Fixed not being able to skip credits.
  • Fixed context menu not being available when using a controller if the game was in touchscreen mode first.
  • Fixed pricing issue with items in bartering screen.
  • Fixed dragging items in the bartering screen.
  • Fixed dragging items to secondary hotbars causing duplicate icons.
  • Fixed tapping below the minimap triggering the large map to open.
  • Fixed several minor localization issues.
  • Fixed crafting screen interaction issues.
  • Fixed tapping journal updates not taking you directly to the corresponding update.
  • Fixed certain gestures being active while in fullscreen windows.
  • Fixed losing focus in the chat window when typing too quickly.
  • Fixed the combine button not always working in the recipe crafting screen.

Gameplay Fixes:
  • Fixed not being able to select the second target for teleport skills like Netherswap.
  • Fixed pickpocket not always working the first time.
  • Fixed map and portrait display issue after disconnecting and reconnecting a controller in split screen mode.
  • Fixed target selection not being reset properly when switching characters.
  • Fixed not being able to change helmet visibilty through the context menu.

Visual Fixes:
  • Fixed the Vulture armor set VFX.
  • Fixed overlay VFX on cloaks.
  • Fixed fullscreen fades only working on one side of the screen when using split screen.
  • Fixed flickering on cursed blood surface.

Last edited by V_Ben; 30/09/21 02:03 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Guys, ever since this update got released it's impossible to launch the game with GeForce Now, it crashes immediately after finishing downloading it. Is this something you're aware of?

Last edited by Dogcat; 02/09/21 05:36 PM.
Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
Originally Posted by Dogcat
Guys, ever since this update got released it's impossible to launch the game with GeForce Now, it crashes immediately after finishing downloading it. Is this something you're aware of?

Thanks for letting us know! Have advised the team and we are investigating this issue.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Jess Larian

Thanks for letting us know! Have advised the team and we are investigating this issue.
Cool, thanks for a swift reply smile

C
stranger
stranger
C
Lots of great fixes and additions, I have Pc and iPad versions but mostly play on the iPad. Lot of these tweaks and polish look great! However, since my iPad updated last night, I’ve experienced some major issues with the game. Making a post on the bug forums to provide more detail.

D
stranger
stranger
D

Is there an ETA for this fix? smile I've just found 3 people to play in co-op but 2 of us can't even launch the game now.

Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni

Is there an ETA for this fix? smile I've just found 3 people to play in co-op but 2 of us can't even launch the game now.

We're working together with the Nvidia team to get this sorted but no ETA at the moment.

R
RRs Offline
stranger
stranger
R
Hi. I am not sure where to post this exactly but I have v. 3.6.117.3735 GOG version and no matter how many times I have tried to install it. I get an installation fail message and saying to contact the software manufacturer. That being said.

MacBook Pro 16" 32gb/1TB 10/32 core less than a week old

I have tried to install it onto the internal storage and external storage all with the same failure results. I can not find any solutions and only have come across one other person from searching for a solution only to have the same issue as I.

Any help in solving this would be really welcomed.

DOS Original installs fine, just not DOS 2.

Update: I realized I did not try GOGs Galaxy Installer, and that solved my failure to install the game. So if anyone is looking up a solution to the install problem, this may help them.

Last edited by RRs; 27/05/22 03:33 AM. Reason: Solved

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon, Seter 

Link Copied to Clipboard