I'm a little underwhelmed by the skill system also, it's not so much complicated as convoluted. Each skill tree unfolds like a road map and there seem to be miniscule distinctions between a lot of them. I just want a fire spell, not have to decide if it's "focussed" or "instant". And if my fighter chooses "One handed, one eyed, two fisted, no shielded, slashing with a double edged dagger" skill and then finds a better weapon later that doesn't fall into this category, sure I can unlearn the skill, but that costs money, and soon we have no money, and neither do the merchants anymore. We're all poor!

Totally true, it seems to me like basically they made all the skills too specific. This means you're almost guaranteed to have to change your skills later on in the game. Thus, it seems like the "unlearn" ability was hacked in. It really makes no sense and there's no storyline justification for it. It's just like "well, let me forget how to do this stuff, and free up some brain space....done. oh my, why does my purse suddenly feel lighter too?"

Battlefields are an interesting concept, and the game is designed so you pretty much have to go there if you want to progress in the main game. But this travelling to an alternate universe kind of takes away from the immersion factor. Am I going on some kind of killing/questing vacation? How about I just set up house in the battlefield and just forget about getting out of Samuel's dungeon? I kind of like that idea..

Totally true again, they are an interesting concept, but they feel like they were just totally hacked in. The storyline justification again is lacking. Basically, you find a key, and you "use" it (touch it? I don't know), and then suddenly you have the ability to teleport to some alternate world on demand, where merchants conveniently live, and there are monsters hanging around waiting for you to come by and kill them? Er, ok.