[color:"orange"]I know we are using western standards[/color]

Actually, I was thinking modern standards. If you want to go back through relatively recent history, there are lots of examples of western societies condoning (or ignoring) violence against particular groups, and lots of situations where murder might be condoned (such as a suspected horse thief in the old west) or mostly ignored (killing a known drug dealer a decade or two ago in a major city).

[color:"orange"]when talking about karma I feel that samurai and their beliefs should be thought about.[/color]

Didn't some samurai believe that the violence and killing associated with their way of life was bad karma, and their punishment was to be reincarnated as a samurai in their next life?

[color:"orange"]After all wouldn't the game be great if we could really choose by wich standards our game character will live ?[/color]

If you can choose what you consider right and wrong, and what actions are acceptable, then that would fit in with a reputation system much better than 'karma'. That would be nice to have in the game though.