Based on your earlier post I assume you are trying to get a character across the counter in the armoury. If your hero or DK is standing close to the counter, then they just need to move north a bit, which means you have to decrease the y value of the coordinates. Changing the second coordinate value by 1 will move your character about 2 and a half times their height, so you are correct that you need to change the first value for smaller jumps.

As for what to change it to, you can make an educated guess and try it out. D0 converted to decimal is 208. The full range of the first y coordinate (FF hex / 255 decimal) moves the character 2.5 times their height, so about half that should get you over the counter. The current value D0 = 208; subtracting 128 gives 80 decimal, which is 50 hex.

The calculator program that comes with Windows can convert between decimal and hex values, after you switch it to scientific mode (could be called advanced mode, or something else in XP or Vista, if Vista includes one).

Now you can make that change, load the game, and see if your character can move around behind the counter, or if you need to tweak the value a bit to get it right. However, I listed some coordinates for behind the counter farther down in the hex teleport topic (almost at the end), where I had '46 CB' for the y coordinate.

41 67 65 6E 74 20 53 61 76 65 00 00 00 00 00 02
00 00 00 20 1C 00 00 60 78 00 00 46 CB 00 00 00

I was at a slightly different x value, but you should be fine just changing the y value to move north.

To get the character out from behind the counter, you can have your other character go up or down some stairs, or enter the BF and then exit.