And my answers:
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?I took an Opera class and performed the part of Lefou in a musical adaptation of the Disney version
2. Did you keep your Yew Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?I don't bother with them. If I need to make a change in my life, then I make it at that current moment in time.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?I have yet another niece.
4. Did anyone close to you die?Thankfully, no.
5. What countries did you visit?Ohio
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?I would like to trade in Charlene for a younger model with more curves, quicker pick up, and five on the column.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?December 26th. Iím going to Nashville to watch an NHL game and I have great tickets.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?Surviving it.
9. What was your biggest failure? Letting a friend pick Mirrors as the movie to watch
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?Are you kidding? My entire summer was spent wrapped in bandages.
11. What was the best thing you bought?12th row tickets to the Nashville Predators Ė Detroit Redwings hockey game
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?Vinny Lecavalier who donated 3 million bucks to build a state of the art childís care wing at the Tampa Bay Hospital.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?Sarah Palin. Seriously, John? At least the next Republican candidate knows not to pick a running mate after two quarts of corn liquor.
14. Where did most of your money go?I can tell you where it didnít go: the bank.
15. What events did you get really, really, really excited about?Stanley Cup playoffs, The start of the hockey season in October, Buffalo unveiling their third jersey.
16. What songs will always remind you of 2008?The fact that I canít think of any probably means that none will.
17.Compared to this time last year, are you:
- happier or sadder? Same
- thinner or fatter? Ditto
- richer or poorer? Rinse and repeat
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?Homework
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? lazing around
20.How will you be spending Christmas?Sleeping
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?Dominos, maybe?
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?Nope.
23. How many one-night stands?Ditto
24. What was your favorite TV program?Hockey games
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?Nope.
26. What was the best book you read?The Bible
27. What was your greatest musical discovery or rediscovery?Opera
28. What did you want and get?I wanted to bring back one of the guard tubes from my job as a lifeguard in Ohio. Instead they let me have two.
29. What did you want and not get?a new laptop, but looking back, Iím glad it worked out this way.
30. What were your favorite films of this year?Get Smart
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?Went to class, 27
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?If Buffalo would have made the playoffs.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 08?I got my hair cutÖ twice
34. What kept you sane?Iím sorry, what?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most/least?None.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?The issue that political campaigns start a lot sooner than they need to or should.
37. Whom did you miss?A pedestrian.
38. Who was the best new person you met?Whitney but she remembers me from 2007, so I donít know if that actually counts. Talk about a weird conversation
Her: I remember you from last Summer Project.
Me: I donít remember you being on Project last year.
Her: Oh, I wasnít. I just came down to visit for the last week of it.
Me: Did we meet at all during that time?
Her: No, but I remember seeing you and people told me about you.
Me: OÖkay. (Pause) You know, as long as I donít have to feel bad or slightly awkward for not remembering you, weíre good.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:Cutting someone from your life doesnít mean youíve given up on them.
40. Did you fall out of love?No.
41. Favorite concerts you went toNone.
42.Quote a song that sums up your year:Iím going to select snippets from three songs instead of just one complete song:Places to Run Ė Jake OwenIíve lived all my life, with no ties that bind,
There wasnít anything or anyone that I couldnít leave behind,
I could always find a getaway from what I was hiding from,
Itís looking like Iíve run out of places to run.
Everywhere I go, and everything I do,
There ainít a corner that I turn that ainít one big deja vu,
I could always find a getaway from what I was hiding fromBetter as a Memory Ė Kenny ChesneyI move on like a sinners prayer
And letting go like a levee breaks
Walk away as if I don't care
Learn to shoulder my mistakes
Or built to fade like your favorite song
Get reckless when there's no need
Laugh as your stories ramble on
Break my heart, but it won't bleedNo Time to Cry Ė Joe NicholsI got no time to look back. I got no time to see
The pieces of my heart that have been ripped away from me.
And if the feelings start to come in I've learned to stop them fast,
Cause I don't know if I let Ďem go, they might not wanna pass.
I guess I'm older now
and I ain't got not time to cry