Hi,
I also bought the original English DVD version for pc, installed it multiple times, ran update, have all drivers and other stuff good.

I couldn't play the game after the load screen behind the scene with the ladybird after character creation.

I have however been able to play the game by skipping that part and use the savedgame file posted somewhere here in the forum.
Until today, when killing the ghost you can head on to the tower and beyond, but when running close to the temple remnants, or whatever it is in the open field behind the narrow path, there is again a loading screen. Then I am stuck again. Tried six times now, maybe I try more.

Also I tried using the teleportation shrines(sry forgot the real name). It has the same effect and the game doesn't react anymore (infinite loading screen).

Also note, when it happens I mostly can return to windows (sometimes only thanks to screensaver that starts running) and in taskmanager the game is shown as "Doesn't react/Reageert niet meer".

I also remember getting stuck happen one time during another load session, don't know which anymore and second attempt did work.
*edit* I remember now, it was with the loading for going to forgotten valley from the starter village.

I have amd64 3200+, 8600gts oc in sli, 2gig memory.
*edit* Might be relevant, DVDRW NEC 3540
*another* Vista 32bit Business

Also, I tried it in various ways, lowest settings(reso was 1024xX though, my native is 1280*1024), single core optimised, best settings, doesn't matter. I played in average to best settings without lag.

Some other things I noticed:
-music keeps running, and the tooltips while loading too, so at first sight, there seems nothing wrong (xcept that you never get any further), you only notice it when going to windows and check task manager. Also the process doesn't run at 100%, no anormalities there either, it just stuck n gone.
-while starting the game your windows gives a message that some processes running do not support the current theme (vista aero, in black it is with me) and sets itself to default.
-In load screens I never see any loading bar or no indication how far the loading is. (but i did play the game, saving/loading without problems so that prolly is something else, or just doesn't exist(yet)).

Last edited by Draci; 13/11/09 06:58 PM.