Originally Posted by Zomgnome
I completely avoid the save-reload process. I simply realized you can always easily find good gear at the shops, and it restocks almost each time I visit any of them. There was once a long period I remember where I couldn't find any good weapon, but it was only once. And also not all is so completely random, like the sword you get from the messed up necromancer whom I forgot his name, or the sword of that ghost dragon slayer you meet early on. Hoover, I also dislike randomized loot. But in D2 I didn't hate it much, unlike other loot based games like Torchlight for example (which was very stupid in how it handled loot, still fun game thou).

And what I meant about morale quests, is not that they are bad, on the contrary I also like them, the problem with DA is that it lack grey areas. There is mostly COMPLETE GOOD or COMPLETE BAD. Grey quests are very rare (there are some very good ones but still rare), and many quests which are supposed to be "grey" have a third outcome which satisfies both sides, so you can almost always get the good outcome for everyone, it just ruined dragon ages atmosphere (SPOILER: the elves and werewolves for example). Ofc, D2 isn't excatcly doing better in this area as well, but it still delivers a great feeling of athmosphere (not sure which kind it supposed to be, but its diffidently there).

oh okay i see what you mean bout the grey moral chocies and stuff. although i personally don't see how they could pull that off in dragon age or just about any game for that matter. like what is a grey morality choice going to do? is it going to help them or is it going to hurt them, if it helps them then it would be a good thing unless its like you help them by doing something bad to them first i guess. is that what your talkin about with the grey morality choices.

and almost all the time i do the evil path in every game i play if it allows you to do choices so having a grey morality isn't really the problem for me. and with the elves and the were wolves there is a " grey morality" you can side with the zatherin(elves) to kill witherfang and swiftrunner, you can ally with the werewolves to kill all the elves but the middle ground is where you attack zatherin with the help of the werewolves and you convince zatherin to remove teh curse thus killing himself and witherfang and cure the werewolves.