Originally Posted by hedehodo
I liked both games too. Both have weaknesses and superiorities, but frankly, Draconis is far more innovative and entertaining. I really loved the dogfighting in the sky with other fliers and dodging with AA gun batteries (:) ballista and lightning towers, don't they seem a little bit scienfiction). Even you have fire-and-forget missiles (:)some kind of dragon fireball) chasing the target. As far as I know nobody did that in a fantasy rpg game. Only missing part is to attack ground targets in the dragon form. I would really like to diving and grilling those sneaky little goblin scourge while they stampede away in terror. Maybe Larian think that for the next release, if it will be. Maybe the company thought that nobody will use human form if the dragon form can attack ground enemies, and the game will transform into an arcade game.

And the combat experience is fascinating. In Dragon Age, like its predeccors NWN1/2, battles are rather a tactical dilemma, I mean, hold your party in the formation, keep brute guys ahead, protect the missile and spellcaster units .... That gives different kind of tastes of course, but you hardly can feel the adrenaline. In Draconis, with a few pushes of button, you can make stunning moves and feel the heat of battle.

I really adored Dragon Age's epic musics. But Draconis' ones are also really good. And who devised to use hard rock musics in the most dangerous encounters? It was exactly amazing to listen rock while slashing sword for your life.

I cant recall everything, but there are many thing to add to my list. That does not mean Dragon Age sucks, on the contrary, it is epic, but still remains cliche and benefits from the legacy of its precessors. Draconis' eccentricism can be understood from its unsatisfactory ending: the player after all those hours of play for the greater good, SPOILER DELETED :P

But again this is the key strength of the game: innovation. And it must be admitted that not many games take a stand against the Bioware and not exactly crushed.

Couldn't agree more smile
When you said mudic however, you just reminded me the cutscene in DA when the fight for ostagar starts... It was so epic, the dogs run, some get killed, some men in the army look away... And then he tells them to charge, just when the music really kicks in, and you see the whole army run straight towards the darkspwan... I loved that part, too bad you didn't get any of that feeling during gameplay (not like it wasn't fun ofc, I hated NWN2 but DA gameplay is quite fun). Seems like I dont have anything to add other then that little memory I just recalled from DA claphands

Last edited by Zomgnome; 20/12/09 07:21 AM.