Originally Posted by DeviRyuuD
Mhm, so it`s just that one cutscene that makes the game epic. I see. Don`t make me laugh.
As I thought, you haven't read my post. My original point was about how Dragon Age is very ambitious, yet lacks an epic feel to it in its gameplay, probably beacouse it lacks atmosphere. And that the only epic moments are the cutscenes (usually), which makes it disappointing and a bit sad when you think about the marketing of trailers Bioware did with Dragon Age. And really, before you comment on a game, play it. I never get it how ppl judge games without even touching them, how many times can one bring up the food example for this one? But I guess it suits someone who comments on your posts without knowing the base for them.

Originally Posted by scalla
... why even the music made me think about Peter Jackson's adaptation of the Lord of the Ring? Epic, maybe, but not very original... That kind of pathos, you can find it as far as Tasso's Gerusalemme deliberata.

One of the reasons I like D2 is the fact that its story is pretty original. No more "harsh" dwarf politics' tree hugging elves, and uninteresting lore which I grew tired of. But even if its far from original, don't forget, Bioware always wanted to go this way, NWN1, NWN2. Its a D&D game, its aimed for ppl who like D&D, and therefore is set in the world of D&D. You can be disappointed about the world being very unoriginal, but you can't blame the game for being what its supposed to be. Its like saying "wait this FPS game has guns in it? Oh thats not new who cares about that". I grew tiered of this setting as well, but at least its well done, and as long as its well done whether its original or not doesn't mean anything. And in Dragon Age, its very well done. More important thou is the people of the world, and like every RPG, the main quest really isn't the main thing (just like D2, only in D2 its certainly more connected and intriguing for sure).

Interesting how few posts ago I said stuff against DA and now I suddenly "defend it". Guess thats how it is when you can actually love more then one game smile