I'm also getting the resolution bug, everytime i select a resolution "in game" then check the graphicoptions.xml file in my profile folder the resolution is different from the one set "in game".
If i make the resolution "in game" and in the graphicoptions.xml file to be the same i get the infinite loading problem plus i get graphic problems(screen is full of artifacts and different colours).....if i set the resolution "in game" and keep the different resolution that is produced in the graphicoptions.xml file then i don't get the infinite loading problem and graphic artifacts are gone and i can play the game.....so maybe the resolution problem and the infinite load problem is linked.
I've also got another problem.....i unistalled the game and reinstalled it and now when i start the game i get a warning box telling me i have got a different version of physX installed that is different from the game, and if it's a newer version it might be okay, but if older i might get game crashes. I unistalled physX and reinstalled it from my Div2 DVD....yet this warning box still persists.