Originally Posted by Arlissa

Whatever protection you agree to put into your game is your responsability.
Also, whoever pirate a game didn't get that protection, so make 2+2 and see if it does 4 or maybe 5 smile

But again, its the publishers who did it, not the creators. All I'm saying, please don't blame the creators of the game for this particular issue (which is not their make).

A bug is a thing, a completely mess in gameplay and a problem that prevent you to play at all is another.
Man i'm using a cracked .exe file to play because there are no solution anywhere and i'm a legitimate user! Or maybe you want to suggest me not to play at all?
I'm not even certain if this is a protection problem or a bug, considering how many people call it out.
If you call this a "bug"... this is a beta version needed to be testet, not a "bug" :|

Indeed. This is a beta. But I won't call the game not working a bug, this is a real tech problem which renders it impossible for you to play, and that is wrong. But a "complete mess in gameplay" seems to be more of an opinion rather then a bug, thou it defiantly has some bugs (this is why everyone are exited about the patch)...

I was playng from 2 day long now, and my impression is this game got much in common with the "Gothic style of play" that i hate; mean you get a bad control over character, very bad secondary quest tracing and no point of interest at all on the map.
[/b]

Firstly, Divinity 2 "style of play" IS VERY, VERY DIFFERENT from Gothic. I have no idea how you compare between them, I am a big fan of Gothic (and Risen) so I know what I'm saying, they are very different. But if you don't like this kind of games, why did you buy it? There are still demos, reviews you could try to know that its this kind of a game, or at least rent to see if you like it or not. You can't blame a racing game for having cars in it can't you? And personalty I didn't have any trouble with quest progression at all (only concern with the bandit camp which I thought I missed). But it might be true that some people will need a more strict quest tracing, I'm glad I can do without it smile
And yea I also found Risen awesome quests to be very easy to follow (thou at first many people probably don't understand how to use the quest maps, only found out in chapter 2, but that is when I needed it...)

Indeed, i should have know i was buyng a beta...
Please be kind and link me the exact line/forum/review where this is say by the creators before the EU relase.

I agree, you should have known you were buying a beta. And I'm very sorry but I don't remember where I saw it, and can't find it. But I strongly remember it was official, and I think it was in the tech forums, about patches, when it was said "we planed to improve each version with each release, and it is shown in the review scores how it worked. We plan to bring the game to its "ultimate version" with the final US release". And had the same concept like that. Even still this is not an excuse there are still reviews and forums without the need for official statement (which isn't even given mostly). But I'm sorry you were a "victim" (I'm not sarcastic, its just that you aren't really a "victim"...) beacouse again your points are true. I just think you should have been a bit more carefull with your purchase \:

Anyway, i should have stopped playng and posting here some time ago, i doesn't make sense at all talking about oblivious thing with people who dont want to see it smile
Well I hope you'll try the game again after the patch comes out and maybe come back and talk about it, but whatever it is, good luck with your future purchases.

Last edited by Zomgnome; 21/12/09 03:41 PM.