I have been reading the boards for a bit, especially this thread. I normally play a ranged bow type of class in most RPGs. So I went ahead and did it with this one. For a bit I had a hard time. Had to get used to the way combat works in this game. However now, in my mid 20's, I am finding it is very nice. At times a single shot of exploding arrow kills everything. I invested points into summon demon as well as the skill where you have a chance to get health back from an attack. I find that now, I barely ever use potions at all. When I do not kill before they get to me, I switch to two one handed weapons and easily keep my health coming back to me against multiple mobs while casters are hitting me with magic. I absolutely love this game. My stat spread is between Dex/Int combo with Str next and then Vit and Spirit. Most of my armor ratings against damage types are in the mid 30's and my defenses for the most part are in the mid 40's. I am using right now the ultimate good bow without anything added to it and my usual damage is in the 100's with my exploding arrow in the 500+ range.