I have read all the links and post regarding this issue and it hasn't helped, so I thought I'd post to ensure the issue will still be looked into and not treated as resolved.

I had this issue on the demo as well but was confident that it was fixed for the US release. It wasn't.

Basically I'm playing the US PC version that was released yesterday. My system is Vista 32 with a Nvidia 8800 video card and 4 GB ram. The monitor is a widescreen 1600X900 and I do everything in that resolution.

The game loads like normal and I've seen the beautiful opening scene many times now, but when I click on new game there isn't a paper doll standing next to the options menu. Once in the game I can hear and see the text of conversations but can not see anything else. The screen is black. I have tried other resolutions and have found it works with 1280X800 and below but this is unsatisfactory to me. I want my clear crisp 1600X900 that my system was made for. I find the lower resolutions to be distorted and grainy in appearance and it's killing me knowing it could probably be so much more under my desired 1600X900.

I've followed all the tips so far from running as administrator and disabling desktop composition, downloaded the lastest nVidia drivers to include Vista DirectX 9c drivers.

Has anyone else had this issue and did you get it to work?

Thanks in advance for any help.