1. I'm sorry, but it sounds like you are misinformed and haven't read the entirety of those posts.
No idea why you would think that. The majority of people responding on this thread are rabidly defending the lack of respawns. The flood of people who did a fanboy bum rush on my first post is further evidence.
2. For some there is, some there isn't. When there is no obvious benefit to a feature, such as respawns, there is no need for it to be implemented. Therefore, for those that want respawns just for the sake of max-leveling and being uber, there are plenty of MMO's/FPS's/etc. that cater to those folks. I get the feeling that no matter the genre of game, you and the OP would react the same if there was no way to further your uberness to the absolute max level.
Im sorry but you cant just arbitrarily declare that a feature many people would find desirable is not needed just because YOU wouldnt find it desirable. The fact is that having respawns doesnt cramp anyones playstyle. Not having them does. People like "getting to max level and being uber". Implying that it is dumb and unimportant is, again, entirely your own belief which is in opposition to a likely vast group of people who passed this game over, possibly because of the lack of this "unnecessary feature.
3. Limited number is relative...so, limited relative to what? Apparently, the game can be completed, so apparently one can level as far as required to win the game.
Limited number is not relative. Limited is limited. If i want to fight the final boss before reaching the max level attainable, you wouldnt have any problem with that. But suddenly if i want to level beyond that and make the final boss "easier" then OMG thats so wrong and unnecessary? What?
4. Half- life??? You compare this game to a science fiction FPS???
Yes i compare this game to half life, and i explain exactly how they are almost perfect mirrors of eachother in terms of progression through the story, and character power relative to the environment. The fact that you cant or wont grasp my point is alarming.
5. You get to level 35 and that's it? What if you could get to level 60? Or 100? Then you ask why not 150 ?!?!
Yes why not? That is what im asking. Why not? Why is that bad? Why is allowing me to level as far as i would like to go a bad thing?
6. Name me 10 true RPG's that do this. Or even 5. Not that it will be the VAST MAJORITY, but at least might give some credence to your argument. Doubtful, but possible.
Oh please. I know how this shakes down. I name 5 or 10 rpgs and then you launch into an explanation about how they arent really RPG's. Who are you to put me to the question? How about YOU name for ME 10 RPGs that DONT have respawns? That way i get to tell YOU why they suck.
7. LOL, just showed your gaming heritage and where your opinions come from. Naming a hack and slash game that originated on consoles. Figures.
ROFL i mention that ive played DMC before and suddenly you know all about my "gaming heritage"? What are you, a child? Because thats the sort of assumption only a child would jump to. Chances are i was playing video games before you were capable of forming words, so my "gaming heritage" is the heritage of gaming itself.
8. Since you are comparing hack and slash/FPS titles to RPG's, it's easy to assume you have no idea what you are talking about.
And heres more self serving nonsense about how "hack and slash" titles arent real RPG's. Such a convenient rule to make when having this argument. Heres a hint. If its got a protagonist that you control, a story that you progress through, and a system designed to interact with the environment and scale your own ability to effect said envirnment based on your participation, ITS AN RPG. Cutting out games from the genre because you dont like them is complete logical fail.
Was that supposed to be witty?