After experiencing some more with the game I have to disagree with some of the stuff you said about some skills.

Unarmed is truly the hardest way to go, but do not neglect One Handed\ One Handed + Shield, they are not bad. Sure, shield doesn't really add much resistance(thou it does have charms and enchantments), but, aside from looking awesome, its just a bit slower then one handed weapon, which is actually able to stack up quite a lot of damage very fast (auto attack, skills will obviously be weaker, but when everything dies in 3-5 hits it hardly matters). Also 2handed weapons get the least damdge bounus unlike the other possibilities (the dual-wielding mostly surpasses it). Also theres nothing wrong with investing in skills that do a fixed amount of damage (witch is not true since you have skills like way of the ranger or battle rage and so), especially when explosive arrow for example at it highest level can do around 2000 damage (clean) which comes in AOE, low CD (5 sec) and low MP cost, and the damage is high as well.

Also about this
Let's assume 100 int (+100% magic damage), rank 10 magic missile (4 projectiles/33 dmg), rank 5 destruction skill (+50% spell damage), activated rank 5 Way of the Battlemage (+50% magic damage).
You're looking at:
4*33*2*1.5*1.5=594 damage.
With a cooldown of 1s, that's 594 dps.

That is not true, MM rank 10 does 146 damage (at the cost of only 36 MP which is sooo low). So your looking at 2628 my good friend (replacing the 33 with 146 in your calculations). And yep, I 1 hit everything with a very similar setup (flying fortress bosses are a joke really).

With the rest thou, I agree, and again thanks for clearing out how stats work with all that INT instead of STR nonsense.

Last edited by Zomgnome; 30/01/10 07:05 AM.