Originally Posted by Lar_q
[quote=DiceDuP]

Anyway, I can see why the 30 fps issue is an issue for some players and we have been working on it. While it may look as a simple thing (I thought so too initially), for some reason removing the lock causes race conditions to appear.

The Steam thing was something we could fix rapidly by contacting the right people - the race condition is something for which we have to wait until the guys coding on it are confident that it's solved, and the guys in QA say that it's stable enough for release. But as I said, there are still people working on this.

I'm going to have to argue here, first of all Nvidia nor ATI was involved in pre or post production of the EGO Draconis as an official PC release information attempted to be retrieved from Nvidia and a faxed copy from ATI. So how can you say your Engineers are working on it without the support of the video card engineers. This is a pure Xbox release that ported only. Wave the pretty smoke and mirrors but until you advise Nvidia or ATI of issues, so that they can respond in there time frame which right now with the holiday season in full swing for new releases I can tell you this title isn't on there list of things to do, and to have this game pretty much pop up in the Steam list of New releases and then to choose NO forum so that nothing could be talked about and at the time of this writing I'm having problems finding any decent gaming website or magazine that has in their December issue(always a month ahead) any notion of rating so this game I'm sorry to say was a sneak in and currently is holding the 3rd spot for highest sales without any information to consumers on Steam exclusively for digital downloads.

But this ranking will fall as soon as this news spreads like a fire storm to PC Gamers so please if this is accepatable in DE it isn't in the U.S. and some game companies have tried this in the past year and have found that we will not accept ports unless we know thats what were buying and to keep Steam from opening up a direct link to their forums in cowardly at best. Grab the green while you can becouse it will stop as hardcore gamers will not accept and it will be branded weekend special and thats when you'll make your current value which is no way near the $7.99 deal we will wait for.