Originally Posted by Polantaris
Having played the original version for quite some time before I got sick of it, I can PROMISE YOU, that the 30FPS Lock is SIGNIFICANTLY better than without it. You think this stuttering is bad? It pales in comparison to how bad it used to be before they added this cap. I'm quite grateful they added the cap. Before, I couldn't get a steady visual at lowest OR highest settings, or anywhere in between. Now, while it's SLIGHTLY choppy, it's no where near "unplayable".

I'm sorry, you can say whatever you want about me saying this, but if you consider a 30FPS lock "unplayable", you need to play games with much lower FPSes, and get a grip. Look up the meaning of "unplayable", because a 30FPS lock isn't remotely near the correct explanation. There's nothing unplayable about it.

While I must say I wish the game was completely smooth, it's a gigantic improvement over what it used to be. Play games with 15FPS, or worse, and you'll truly know the meaning of unplayable.

Besides, last I checked, the eye can only process something like 35 FPS anyway, so I don't see the big deal. Yeah, it's slightly stuttery, however think about how worse it could be.

I'll assume 1 or 2 things here; either you play with a controller or keyboard turn, or you just happen to have a very strong constitution and you never get motion sickness.

If you don't use the mouse to turn and aim, then just realize that it's very different when played this way. If you do, consider yourself lucky.

Many people, myself included, get motion sickness with mouse aiming when the FPS are below 40. Even at 40 I'd have to limit myself to short periods of time. At 50+ I can play a game over an hour when using mouse turning/aiming. This is why I have a very powerful computer, so I can maintain over 40 FPS on any game I play.

It is unplayable when you find yourself having to throw up or go lay down for a while due to playing a video game over 30 mins.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm saying it's unplayable for me and others who experience the same issues I do.

Last edited by Uzael36; 18/11/10 08:10 AM. Reason: Clarification