We're not going to agree on this as I'm not going to change my mind and my definition of monopoly is accurate.

You may think Valve/Steam isn't a monopoly but give it time.

To me, Steam is a growing monopoly and I believe its going to keep growing, which could be good news for people who have a lot of money invested through buying all their games through it. Then again, some not very nice surprises may be not to far ahead.

The big shock that may come is if/when Valve start charging a monthly subscription for using their software/service, something every Steam user agreed to accept if it was ever implemented as it is provisioned for in the SSA / Steam Subscriber Agreement. Don't scoff at that and say it will never happen, they made provision for it for a reason.

If it did happen it would be stinker as it would mean cough up or you don't get to play your games, hope it never happens for you guys but its one to bear in mind if you've bought a lot of games through Steam.

As I said, we're not going to agree so we may as well put this one to bed, lets see what another year brings.

Regards, KF

Last edited by Knight Flyer; 08/12/10 12:26 AM.