Originally Posted by Greever
My german isn't that good so I only got the gist of it.

Basically the damage you see in the statusscreen is an average of the weapondamage of both weapons.
When you actually hit something the damage calculation happens for each weapon individually.

There might be some very tiny rounding errors but never more than 1 point of damage.

I think Lotti and Nawarana, probably others either do, are understanding my "german english" so I'm trying my best in your language. smile

I tried to follow your explanation but can't get along with you yet. To clarify things I made some effort and try to clarify things by using the following damage calculation. Too bad I can't provide any screenshots due to missing serverspace.

Unfortunatly it's too difficuilt to offer the calculation in a clear tablelike form, but still I hope you'll be able to track it and get the point.

Basic relevant stats/values of my char:

Char level: 14
Skill level - Expert two weapons: 5 = primary weapon + 9 % damage / secondary weapon - 30 % damage
Strength: 25 = melee damage + 14 %
Intelligence: 9 = magical damage + 4 %
Armour:
Schamanentöter (english maybe sth. like "shaman killer" or so) - melee damage = 15 - 45, magical damage = 9 - 15
Blutstaffelschwert (Blood Echelon Sword) - melee damage = 21 - 35, magical damage = 6 - 11

Setting (First value = melee damage, second value = magical damage; numbers in brackets = rounded value)

A = Primary weapon: Shaman Killer - Adding 14/4 % from strength/intelligence and 9 % from Expert 2 weapons results in 18,45 - 55,35 (18 - 55) and 10,17 - 16,95 (10 - 17)
B = Secondary weapon: Blood Echelon Sword - Adding 14/4 % from strength/intelligence and subtracting 30 % from Expert 2 weapons results in 17,64 - 29,40 (18 - 29) and 4,44 - 8,14 (4 - 8)

Adding A + B = 36 - 84 (melee) and 14 - 25 (magical). And this definitely was the way the damage was displayed in ED.

But - following your explanation about the average value there still sth. seems to be wrong. If you're right the displayed damage value is supposed to be like this:

Minimum damage of primary weapon 18 + minimum damage of secondary weapon 18 = 36 : 2 = 18 average damage. Maximum damage of primary weapon 55 + maximum of secondary weapon 17 = 72 : 2 = 36 average.
Total average: 18 - 36 melee damage
But the stats on my invetory screen say: 27 - 62 ???

I even made the calculation without adding the 14/4%-bonus from strength/intelligence, but I don't get an average value that matches your version, sorry.

On top - if I'm switching the weapons (Blood Echelon Sword = primary, Shaman Killer = secondary) neither do I get a fitting average value nor do I see any changes in the displayed damage value. And ... regarding the bonus/malus of the Expert-two-weapon-skill usually there simply has to be a different value displayed , unless the (average) damage calculation coincidentally results in identical values.

Maybe I'm wrong and I made some mistake in my calculations, but here, of course, I'm open for any clarification.

I hope I don't appear as a nitpicker. In my eyes the whole issue is not decisive for the gameplay, but I really would like to understand what's going on. smile

My god, and this so close to Christmas Eve. wink

milorien

Last edited by milorien; 22/12/10 11:23 PM.